Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

51 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

What are the chances aTm pulls a Tennessee and has someone internally try and snitch/ tie a bag deal to Jimbo in an attempt to fire him with cause while claiming "no one is bigger than the program"? 

Very low. Literally all they care about is how people think of them. Any narrative that doesn't support their awesomeness, they will bitch and moan about it. 

Acknowledging that they broke the rules and paid for players is exactly what they've been denying for a year. So any admission of that will not happen because students only go to aggy because they're awesome and Jimbo is building something special! 

• Like 1

Also, TexAgs posters seem to keep shitting on the Big 12 when they talk about them going 1-6 against their SEC schedule. Somebody with a login should pop in and remind them the Big 12 is *still* the highest-rated conference in college football for 2022.

81085829_ScreenShot2022-11-07at11_39_37PM.png.b987881759f713ea4c9fbe159467398e.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Hmmm...haven't really been paying attention, but I don’t remember seeing any "Don’t Care got Jimbo" posts from aggy in quite a while. 

11 hours ago, 6th Street said:

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Sabalo said:

Now it's more like "Don't care, Fuck JImbo".

7 hours ago, mdleast said:

Makes me think good Surly Horns merch would be a take off on the "Don't Care, Got Jimbo!" shirt.

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

Dumbo being “the smartest man in the room” over there is the problem.

DON’T CARE.

THEY’VE GOT DUMBO!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Also, TexAgs posters seem to keep shitting on the Big 12 when they talk about them going 1-6 against their SEC schedule. Somebody with a login should pop in and remind them the Big 12 is *still* the highest-rated conference in college football for 2022.

81085829_ScreenShot2022-11-07at11_39_37PM.png.b987881759f713ea4c9fbe159467398e.png

Looking forward to sec bawl and aggy weakening our SOS

3 hours ago, campcrunk said:

"Horns are... a few plays away from 4-5."

If aggy wants to play that game, we're also a few plays (including a missed safety and a QB injury) away from being 9-0. Dumb asses. 

Any team gifted that sort of miracle win over Arkansas should keep quiet about the thin margin between victory and defeat. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Texas might be the most delusional fanbase in American sports. They're loud on Twitter. They get these talking points, and no matter how bad their team is or how good things are going in College Station, they cannot come off their talking points. How much money did they pay to fire Herman and hire Steve Sarkisian? We know what Sark has done. You want to boil it down to Fisher not winning a title in three years? You spent $75 million to hire Sarkisian.

I think he missed the point.

They're 0 and 2 against the state of Mississippi for 2 years running, and over the lifetime of TAMU and MSU's SEC membership their conference win records are within ~3 percent of each other. And yet they don't realize they already have achieved permanent Miss St status.

image.png.d629f38268e5ec478d68ebbed6fcc6f1.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chopper said:

They're 0 and 2 against the state of Mississippi for 2 years running, and over the lifetime of TAMU and MSU's SEC membership their conference win records are within ~3 percent of each other. And yet they don't realize they already have achieved permanent Miss St status.

They would be lucky for that. Miss St is way better than them with a better record with less talent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Haha yeah, reminds me of this scene where Costanza rejects a woman because she’s bald…

image.gif.99a371d8d5338d197a71ec41760504ac.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Looch’s posts are strange even for him. aggy has a myriad of issues on defense and offensive line, and yet… they’re an OC and another season of Weigman away. 

I know it’s his business model to sell hope, but objectively, it looks like a complete rebuild in season 5. 

Durkin/Robinson/Price largely escaping blame demonstrates again their cultish devotion to a single narrative generated by Looch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FhDUPTEUAAAyN1Z?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUPjhUoAA-zlS?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUPxWUoAE3RnE?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUQBvUcAANSvr?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUSAjUcAELEMl?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUSUYVUAAOkt2?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUSo5VIAAstxd?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDUS4yVUAAMT3c?format=jpg&name=medium

We need more posts like this from the Ags. This is monumentally stupid reasoning even for aggy. The locker room is falling apart, players are quitting, transferring and decommitting in-season, yet they need to keep Jimbo so the locker room doesn’t implode. But hey, whatever they have to tell themselves to fight to keep Jimbo is a brilliant idea in my book. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think there is zero chance Jimbo takes any less than the 90 million he is owed.  Unlike his exit from FSU - he doesn't have some rube with an inferiority complex lined up to pay him another 10 year guaranteed deal.  Jimbo is earning for retirement at this point.

I also see no reason to believe that WVU would just let him come run their program into the ground. aggy doesn't realize this, but no one outside that fanbase thinks riz bitz is a quality P5 coach anymore. I would be surprised if WVU hired him, and I understand Neal Brown is awful.

19 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

image.png.2d05fa11ecb6634ba5087d8233f441c4.png

Other than the part about LSU hiring a new coach with a really good track record, who went in there to clean house and change the culture vs Jimbo being in year 5 with a toxic entitled locker room, a moribund offense and swiss cheese defense... it's virtually the same position.

So, 100% the same situation.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The point being that if A&M fires Jimbo after this year they will spend 200 million to hire Matt Rhule or whoever they go after?

Yeah, that’s another perspective he missed. But also that we’re laughing because he didn’t win a title in 3 years. We’ve been laughing because they’ve mortgaged the farm for a coach that is unlikely to ever win a title yet they doubled down on his after a fluky Covid year where the team beat 1 team with a winning record and got ass blasted by Bama.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Droopy said:

We have a lot left to prove this season, but the flood gates of Aggy tears may burst if Texas goes 2-1 or 3-0 to finish the season. 🤘🏼

I have officially reached the point where I can’t even enjoy the ATM misery any longer, due to a completely irrational sports fan fear that my schadenfreude will be karmically punished by the football gods making us lose out and our recruiting tanking.  

• Fuck You 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread