Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

They keep bringing up the freshman class from last year and all the talent and how all those players are sticking around and how Hill is stupid not to see how good he could be behind that Dline....

Hill just spent a weekend talking to those players.......what if the reason he decomited is most of them told him they were gone after this season?  Nah couldn't be.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

It would be fun to create a NIL charity organization called "Texas T-Shirt fans" . We can sell shirts with the players on them for charity and sponsoring players. Aggies would melt down 

Texas Tea Sippers where if you subscribe to a certain membership bracket you get a free yeti tumbler for your tea. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Lots of “tu went 5-7… in the Big 12” talk. TexAgs is forgetting that our strength of schedule was actually tougher LOL (#18 vs. #23). Same for this season as well (#3 vs. #20).

But I guess that runs counter to the mindless SEC narrative.

aggys don't tolerate people who think or tell the truth.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

Jesus, man, I don't know about the karma thing. We just went through a decade of pure shit. It's only been about four weeks for the meatheads in the meat judging capital of the world. While we were down the Aggies had their chance to "run the state," and the most they could pull out of their asses in the 10 years was a top-five finish.

This is just beginning of their shit-tastic ride into hades. It's only going to get better. For us.

We're trying to climb out of 12+ years of pure shit. Wear it like a badge of honor and don't diminish it. It will make us better on the other side. Now we just need to Seven Win Steve to break the chains of his well-earned moniker and capitalize on the chaos, dammit.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

They keep bringing up the freshman class from last year and all the talent and how all those players are sticking around and how Hill is stupid not to see how good he could be behind that Dline....

Hill just spent a weekend talking to those players.......what if the reason he decomited is most of them told him they were gone after this season?  Nah couldn't be.

I really think that, and that he got an "inside look" at all things aggy, picked up on the poisonous atmosphere and performance on the field and said aw hell no.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1

Out of all the stupid shit they say, and we all know that’s ALOT, the biggest surprise is that deep down, in their heart of hearts, they truly believe that ‘22 class is made up of guys that just wanted to come play for aggy.  I’m having a hard time thinking of a single one of their true studs from that class that would have even visited them without a strong cash incentive.  They have a legit mercenary squad, and just can’t even fathom $$$ had anything to do with it.  Not the slightest bit. I mean, you’d think most of these would be cool with walkon status just to play there, the way they tell it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Lots of “tu went 5-7… in the Big 12” talk. TexAgs is forgetting that our strength of schedule was actually tougher LOL (#18 vs. #23). Same for this season as well (#3 vs. #20).

Could someone remind me of when App State joined the SEC?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

FhDq3ynUcAAV3am?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq4BSVEAIW5wJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq4PgUcAE6Xd-?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq4dyUcAADw-T?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq56KUcAEXW8x?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq6HvVIAENI3e?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq6a0VQAAW8os?format=jpg&name=mediumFhDq6ohVUAAUPwR?format=jpg&name=medium

So, so fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

College Football Reference has Texas with the #1 SOS in the country this year: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2022-standings.html

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I have officially reached the point where I can’t even enjoy the ATM misery any longer, due to a completely irrational sports fan fear that my schadenfreude will be karmically punished by the football gods making us lose out and our recruiting tanking.  

Star Trek Kirk GIF

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Not sure how Texags could be any more fun to read that it is right now. But something tells me it will be when the next round of players bail out. 

Between the starry-eyed dreams of the ags still suffering from delusions of adequacy and the suicidal despair of the handful who realize just how fucked their program is, ...

...I don't know which group is funnier.

Just when I think one side is about to win comedy gold, the other shoots past it with amazing effort.

It's the 2006 BCS Title Game of aggy misery.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

This is a shitty year for the SEC. At the very least a 2-loss team will be repping the West. Tennessee is such a fraud. The SEC is back to the Big 1 and little 13, except Georgia has replaced Alabama as the big one.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Out of all the stupid shit they say, and we all know that’s ALOT, the biggest surprise is that deep down, in their heart of hearts, they truly believe that ‘22 class is made up of guys that just wanted to come play for aggy.  I’m having a hard time thinking of a single one of their true studs from that class that would have even visited them without a strong cash incentive.  They have a legit mercenary squad, and just can’t even fathom $$$ had anything to do with it.  Not the slightest bit. I mean, you’d think most of these would be cool with walkon status just to play there, the way they tell it. 

From today's excellent work by Texifornia:

• The players love Jimbo, they're not mercenaries!
  • They got rid of the bad apples: only red-ass Aggies left on the team.
  • They're going to ramp up the NIL (whatever they imagine that is) and hit the portal hard for a dozen upperclass studs who can contribute with the studs from just the greatest recruiting class ever. The portal is the thing in college football just like Fletch's ball bearings theory.
  • Texas went 5-7 last year and has an inferior coaching staff and program to Texas A&M University. Sark really doesn't know how to win a national championship. Recruits know this!
  • The rest of the world is ganging up to keep A&M down using, gasp!, money to draw away otherwise true Aggie players. A&M has more money than anyone, so they simply must play just as dirty as tu. Slather money on anyone's natural burning desire to be an Aggie and...profit!
  • Future is bright because the 2022 class will lead the way!
  • Hook 'Em 2

I love the “Hick’s dad is a coach, he knows losing seasons aren’t the norm here” quote. You know what else isn’t the norm there, friend? 10-win seasons, conference championships, and, most importantly, national championships. It seems the only people who haven’t received that memo are aggies.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread