Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

43 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Slovacek sausage and Farmers Insurance Branch money might come through.

Shit, I mistakenly listened to some of the aggy game on the radio last weekend.  Those two dominated the 1st qtr ads

43 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
Dbl post

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The fact that Brauinger and Liucci do not think NIL is the overwhelmingly #1 issue in recruiting is proof of the point I've been passing on to the board here about ATM not taking NIL seriously. They really do not want to engage in legitimate NIL effort and they do not understand that they're rapidly becoming the last guy selling buggy whips. It's awesome. It's part of their psychological insecurities. If Fisher, the staff, the $$ and the $9.95ers admitted that they needed to embrace NIL and showcase it, they'd have to turn their backs on the money laundering operation they've painstakingly put together over the last 4 cycles. Whoopsie!

The other factor at play here is that joining the NIL fray means they'd have to expose their flank about the 2022 and just how that "NIL" actually worked. 

We could not be looking at a better moment in time for UT relative to ATM. If Seven Win Steve can close out this season in a big way, ATM has never been weaker. Texas has a strong NIL program turning into a well-oiled machine. ATM has nothing on the NIL front. Texas is winning. ATM is falling apart and they can't do a fucking thing about their head coach. Let's fucking go. 

This game could not be more important. 

Lets fucking go.

Hook'em (please God)

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The fact that Brauinger and Liucci do not think NIL is the overwhelmingly #1 issue in recruiting is proof of the point I've been passing on to the board here about ATM not taking NIL seriously. They really do not want to engage in legitimate NIL effort and they do not understand that they're rapidly becoming the last guy selling buggy whips. It's awesome. It's part of their psychological insecurities. If Fisher, the staff, the $$ and the $9.95ers admitted that they needed to embrace NIL and showcase it, they'd have to turn their backs on the money laundering operation they've painstakingly put together over the last 4 cycles. Whoopsie!

The other factor at play here is that joining the NIL fray means they'd have to expose their flank about the 2022 and just how that "NIL" actually worked. 

We could not be looking at a better moment in time for UT relative to ATM. If Seven Win Steve can close out this season in a big way, ATM has never been weaker. Texas has a strong NIL program turning into a well-oiled machine. ATM has nothing on the NIL front. Texas is winning. ATM is falling apart and they can't do a fucking thing about their head coach. Let's fucking go. 

I think they don't want to engage in NIL, because they know that it's not a way to get a competitive advantage.

Prior to NIL, recruiting was heavily tilted towards blue-bloods. If aggy wanted to gain an advantage, breaking the rules by paying players gave them a leg up on a large percentage of their competition. Even more so by breaking the code and spending way more than anybody else.

Now, if they switched to NIL instead of bags, they'd hypothetically be on a level playing field monetarily with the competition, but at a disadvantage in all the other areas where aggy is deficient (location, culture, historical significance, etc.). So there's nothing there to give them an advantage. They're hoping that the bag game will give them a competitive advantage - especially against all the schools that have moved from bags to NIL . They will try to sell players on smaller bags now being better than big NIL payments later, and then hoping that payments to the handlers/uncles/trainers will help direct the players to aggy.

What's amazing is that they got Hicks and Hill to sign, so they'll think that their plan is working. It's just bad luck from a season gone sour that is causing recruits to jump ship, and they'll probably try clinging to the bag game for an extra cycle or two.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I am not quite sure what to do with optimistic CTJ. It confuses my chi. 

If you need to have your chakras re-aligned, just ask him about Sarkisian's playcalling after his scripted plays and offensive and defensive adjustments at halftime. You're welcome. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bruh

F99A32E1-C9B8-4017-833E-C0FE8F9A2D7D.jpeg

It would have been a lot cooler if you'd gone with @Bruh Man instead of just Bruh. One is funny, the other just makes you look like someone who uses Bruh unironically.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Shit, I mistakenly listened to some of the aggy game on the radio last weekend.  Those two dominated the 1st qtr ads

Mistakenly???

Hell I've got every aggy game pre-programmed to record.   Last week, I was a Florida fan for 3 1/2 hours. This week,  I'll be an Auburn fan for 3 1/2 hours. Hate those bastards.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Mistakenly???

Hell I've got every aggy game pre-programmed to record.   Last week, I was a Florida fan for 3 1/2 hours. This week,  I'll be an Auburn fan for 3 1/2 hours. Hate those bastards.

Oh I watch on tv. This was radio.  Those guys were the homerest homers of all time. It was bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is what their ring will look like IF they actually stumble into an actual championship win:

14500574_10154542326739664_3518066431161

Legend has it that aggy actually started the tradition of the mums back in the 1800's to celebrate a girl actually going on a date with them.

• Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread