2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

Fuck it. If I’m drinking a beer on a hot day and this is available I’ll pick it every time.

f395b0f7a4fd318ab58ba27cfee4e86c.jpg

And if I’m gonna ruin bourbon by pouring it on Coke (or any other coke) I’m not gonna pay more than I have to for the bourbon. Best bang for the buck IMO and it doesn’t taste like shit…..

60952a60ec4cbb06db097bffb891112b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I love NE style hazy IPAs, so I'm in heaven right now in terms of the craft beer trends. The previous big trend, when sours were all the rage, was not my thing at all.

Longhorns don’t follow trends. We start them. Reboot.

32 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Some of you obviously haven’t experienced the beer cycle of life.

One starts with a pilsner or lager for awhile, gets tired of them, progresses to amber ales for awhile, then hits the IPA’s, then the porters and stouts. The whole cycle can take as short as six months or as long as a few years.

Then, once the cycle has been completed once or twice, you mix up all types from day to day. It is the beer cycle of life.  

It's not a cycle because it stops when you get to IPAs because they suck. God created IPAs so shitty brewmasters could feel good about themselves.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texashorne said:

This IPA talk reminds me of one of the funniest posts I ever saw on Hornfans back in 2004~ or so.. People were bitching about how shitty Miller lite and Bud Light were..

"Hornfans.com... where anything that's popular sucks"

I would have gone with

”horn fans.com… worse than Bud or Miller lite. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

It was terrible. came out of the backside of the purple garage across from Scholz and made a right. Went to make the next right and had nothing there. Wipers, horn, lights, ac, radio all going absolutely wild. Did not get it on a wrecker and towed to a shop until almost 1am. Did not even get to drink the loss away at a reasonable hour. 

MLK.jpg

image.thumb.png.d8016a6fb7d9477a30b2a83e0997d7ba.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Txslnghrns said:

Fuck it. If I’m drinking a beer on a hot day and this is available I’ll pick it every time.

f395b0f7a4fd318ab58ba27cfee4e86c.jpg

And if I’m gonna ruin bourbon by pouring it on Coke (or any other coke) I’m not gonna pay more than I have to for the bourbon. Best bang for the buck IMO and it doesn’t taste like shit…..

60952a60ec4cbb06db097bffb891112b.jpg

Ezra Brooks hits pretty hard, too.

5 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Ezra Brooks hits pretty hard, too.

If you’re not paying the extra $2 or whatever it is for the EW BiB you are doing it wrong.  Best bang for the buck bourbon since the price and availability of the Weller products has moved in the wrong direction.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, texashorne said:

This IPA talk reminds me of one of the funniest posts I ever saw on Hornfans back in 2004~ or so.. People were bitching about how shitty Miller lite and Bud Light were..

"Hornfans.com... where anything that's popular sucks"

That's funny but Bud Light does suck. Gives me a terrible headache. But I'm not knocking folks for drinking it. I just leave that to the hipsters and whatever the new group of idiots are calling themselves nowadays.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Yeah Micheladas with tomato juice suck. Lime juice, dash of hot sauce, chili salt on the rim, that's good shit.

So much effort for a shit drink. If I'm hungover enough to drink beer for breakfast, I'm breaking out the Zing Zang. 

• Hook 'Em 5

53 minutes ago, Eggo said:

So much effort for a shit drink. If I'm hungover enough to drink beer for breakfast, I'm breaking out the Zing Zang. 

Clamato is good for both IMO. 

is it weird that I like bloody Mary’s but don’t like micheladas?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

oh jesus. drink whatever beer or alcoholic beverage you like . Dont give a fuck what it is

You do you boo boo

This x1000.  I once worked with a sommelier, and he said this about wine, beer, and pretty much any drink, "If you enjoy it, it is good.  Who gives a shit what anyone else thinks about it."  He then sent me on my way with a cheep ass bottle of wine that tasted great, got my girl drunk, and got me a pretty nice bj.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1