Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)

texifornia

35 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maybe I don’t “get” the SEC, but how is Ole Miss to Auburn anything more than a lateral move?  

Auburn has a lot more historical success…and a LOT more booster meddling.

There is no way I would want to coach at Auburn, and I really can’t imagine Kiffin wanting to coach there. 

57 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Does Auburn really have that much more money to throw around? 

If all this is true, it might be the first and only time Auburn attempts to use some kind of moral turpitude provision of the contract.

Auburn tabbed ex-Boise State coach Bryan Harsin to replace Gus Malzahn in December, and the school is paying a pretty penny for his services. The school released the terms of Harsin's six-year contract on Monday, and the agreement will pay Harsin, 44, an average of $5.25 million per season. He'll make $5 million in 2021 and receive a $100,000 raise every year through the duration of the contract, which ends on Dec. 31, 2026. 

The buyout terms are what really stands out in the deal, however. According to the documents obtained by ESPN, Harsin would be owed 70% of his remaining contract value if Auburn fires him without cause prior to the end of the deal. Half of that amount will be due within 30 days of termination -- a stipulation that was previously included in Malzahn's contract. Harsin will owe the school $7 million in Year 1 if he leaves for another job. That figure drops to $5 million the following year, $3 million in Year 3 and then drops by $1 million each year for the duration of the contract. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Maybe I don’t “get” the SEC, but how is Ole Miss to Auburn anything more than a lateral move?  

Tommy Tubberville went from Ole Miss to Auburn and nearly played for a National title.

It all went downhill after that season, but the move from Ole Miss to Auburn seemed like the one head coach upgrade he made.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Does Auburn really have that much more money to throw around? 

YellaWood and have you seen the price of lumber lately?

either way Auburn is just a total shit show of coaching at this point no place is worse and no place even comes close....I am not sure who in the hell they think they will get, but good luck with that

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Holy shit; going thru the Reddit thread on this now (since I'm an old and went to bed before all this broke).

Harsin brought two staffers from Boise with him:  some recruiting coordinator and this girl.

you have to wonder did he bring the  "I am going to get busted banging the subordinate" thetan with him or did that attach to him once he got to Auburn

and Mack Brown offensive coordinators are not very good with the whole side piece thing....attention any school with a former or current Mack Brown offensive coordinator on your staff if you want to get rid of them send in the pussy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Holy shit; going thru the Reddit thread on this now (since I'm an old and went to bed before all this broke).

Harsin brought two staffers from Boise with him:  some recruiting coordinator and this girl.

Bringing a hot recent college grad from Boise to Auburn as an “Assistant to the Head Coach” is a little obvious too

• Haha 1

this has definitely been going on for a while.  he just now got caught.  or, people knew about it and kept it quiet, but now that Auburn wants Harsin fired, somebody talked.

Crochet_Clesi_2020Mug.jpg?width=300

CLESI CROCHET
  • TITLE
     Assistant to the Head Coach (On Campus Recruiting and Operations)

Clesi Crochet has been a Bronco since 2015 when she enrolled at Boise State as a student-athlete. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communications with a minor in both sports innovation & culture and user research. During her time as a student, Crochet was also a four-year member and captain on Boise State’s Mane Line Dance Team.

During her senior year of college in 2018, Cochet joined the Boise State football program as a recruiting & operations intern. She expanded her internship through the 2019 football season and focused in on on-campus recruiting, helping the director of recruiting plan, organize and host all official and unofficial recruiting visits.

For 2020, Crochet takes on the full-time roll of assistant to the head coach/on-campus recruiting and operations. The San Diego, Calif., native moved to Boise in 2013 with her mom and younger sister, now accompanied by her step dad, local Rocky Mountain High School Head Football Coach Chris Culig, and his four children. Her dad, Bret, resides in San Diego, where Crochet enjoys visiting during the offseason.

Doesn't Auburn want to get rid of Harsin for not getting vaccinated? What happened to the school's requirement for all employees to get vaccinated? Thought that was enough for clause. I guess fired for clause with two reasons is better than one from Auburn's perspective.

Edited by n64ra

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Fascinating.  No idea who they would target.    Agreed I'm not sure Kiffin would want that.  

Are you kidding? Joey Freshwater would absolutely want that.      

Oh, you mean the Auburn job. You're right, he probably doesn't want that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Doesn't Auburn want to get rid of Harsin for not getting vaccinated? What happened to the school's requirement for all employees to get vaccinated? Thought that was enough for clause. I guess fired for clause with two reasons is better than one from Auburn's perspective.

Fired for *klaus

Santa Claus Yes GIF by benniesolo

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this has definitely been going on for a while.  he just now got caught.  or, people knew about it and kept it quiet, but now that Auburn wants Harsin fired, somebody talked.

Crochet_Clesi_2020Mug.jpg?width=300

CLESI CROCHET
  • TITLE
     Assistant to the Head Coach (On Campus Recruiting and Operations)

Clesi Crochet has been a Bronco since 2015 when she enrolled at Boise State as a student-athlete. She earned her bachelor’s degree in communications with a minor in both sports innovation & culture and user research. During her time as a student, Crochet was also a four-year member and captain on Boise State’s Mane Line Dance Team.

During her senior year of college in 2018, Cochet joined the Boise State football program as a recruiting & operations intern. She expanded her internship through the 2019 football season and focused in on on-campus recruiting, helping the director of recruiting plan, organize and host all official and unofficial recruiting visits.

For 2020, Crochet takes on the full-time roll of assistant to the head coach/on-campus recruiting and operations. The San Diego, Calif., native moved to Boise in 2013 with her mom and younger sister, now accompanied by her step dad, local Rocky Mountain High School Head Football Coach Chris Culig, and his four children. Her dad, Bret, resides in San Diego, where Crochet enjoys visiting during the offseason.

No question.  They knew about this for a long time and broke it now to get rid of him.  Undefeated.

• immamac changed the title to Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)