Call Your Shot - Predict Texas Football's 2021 Regular Season Record

gmr548

Call Your Shot - Predict Texas Football's 2021 Regular Season Record  

211 members have voted

1. 1. What will Texas's regular season record be in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2021 at 08:00 PM

Title says it all. We are less than one week from kick, the depth chart is set, etc. Time to make your pick.

I will go 9-3. Highlights: Go 3-0 non-conference for the first time since 2012, lay waste to Arkansas, beat ISU, undefeated at DKR. Lossesat TCU, OU, and at WVU. That late season upset loss keeps Texas out of the CCG.

Purgatory in terms of grading Sark, as I would call 10-2 and a CCG berth a clear success, and 8-4 or worse really problematic with this roster and schedule, barring being totally snakebit with injuries. 9-3 is kind of a grey area in my mind, so of course I figure that's where Texas will end up.

Flame away but be sure to vote. Poll is public so verifiable bragging rights are on the line.

9-3.  We're not as good as we think we are.  The league is top heavy and not as deep as we think it is.  The refs are gonna fuck with us as much as we assume.

We will lose to Oklahoma and Iowa State, without question.  Sorry.  We will drop one between @ TCU and @ WVU.  9-3 total.  I doubt we make the Big XII Championship game.  We won't get selected to the Alamo Bowl for the third year running unless they see this as their last attempt to get us a Big XII team.  That floating situation should be made more clear in 4 months.  As of now, we're headed for the Camping Cheez Bowl or whatever the fuck the 3rd pick in our league is called out in Orlando.  

Bigger things await in 2022.  I wouldn't hold my breath this season.  

Maybe it's the Kool-aid talking, but I'm thinking we exceed expectations this year.  Turtle Tom could coach this team to 8-9 wins, and with our upgrade in coaching, and presumed upgrade in QB play and greater usage of our running game and overall upgrade in play calling, I'm feeling salty about this year.  I don't see a guaranteed loss on our schedule, and I'm not as concerned about TCU, ISU, or OK State as some on here, although I guess any of them could be a loss.  Winning can be contagious, and I think we're going into the OU game undefeated.  My gut is telling me we don't lose more than 2, and I think we can do better than that.  F it, I'm calling 10-1 and a trip to the Big XII title game...then again, PTSD tells me I may be disappointed.

9-3
Washington board said Sark always had the WTF just happened loss. So hate to say I think we lose to OU, pick one out of TCU, ISU, WVU or OKST and then worst of all the WTF loss. Think Stanford loss for Mack.

We just fired the wtf happened loss guy. God damnit just be good at football again.

I'm saying 10-2 but honestly I can't really see an outright loss other than ousux and I've seen enough of Rattler's play to know that he's very good but also mentally weak and will fold like a cheap lawn chair if he's getting pressured consistently. If I had to guess I would say frog would be the other one because Fatterson seems to be our fucking daddy for the last decade. 

11-1 show me a loss

Best DL, secondary, and RBs in the conference. I've been all in on Card since the spring game and I expect him to be a top 10 QB in the nation. Couple all that with the best coaching staff we've had in many many years and good things will happen. 

Edited by Bevo14

I'll go 11-1 and am I missing something regarding WVU. They've had a ton of transfers and the team wasn't that good to begin with. Why is anyone predicting a L for that game? Despite the clusterfuck this team was the last 2 years we weren't that far off and with better coaching we win a few of those close games. We play a normal schedule last year and that is a 10 win team and I think we have much better coaching with comparable talent this year.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

12-0 show me a fucking loss. 

Bijan for 175+ 5 times 200+ 1 time

Tight end room combines for 25 TDs

Average win score by 14.5 or better 

Go fuck yourself bitch. 

Thank you!  I was all “where is the we’re fucking going 15-0, bitches!” selection?  This poll is bullshit

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

9-3.  We're not as good as we think we are.  The league is top heavy and not as deep as we think it is.  The refs are gonna fuck with us as much as we assume.

We will lose to Oklahoma and Iowa State, without question.  Sorry.  We will drop one between @ TCU and @ WVU.  9-3 total.  I doubt we make the Big XII Championship game.  We won't get selected to the Alamo Bowl for the third year running unless they see this as their last attempt to get us a Big XII team.  That floating situation should be made more clear in 4 months.  As of now, we're headed for the Camping Cheez Bowl or whatever the fuck the 3rd pick in our league is called out in Orlando.  

Bigger things await in 2022.  I wouldn't hold my breath this season.  

Without question? Be careful talking in absolutes. 

31 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'll go 11-1 and am I missing something regarding WVU. They've had a ton of transfers and the team wasn't that good to begin with. Why is anyone predicting a L for that game? Despite the clusterfuck this team was the last 2 years we weren't that far off and with better coaching we win a few of those close games. We play a normal schedule last year and that is a 10 win team and I think we have much better coaching with comparable talent this year.

The worst decade in school history has turned some posters into pussies.

We just fired the wtf happened loss guy. God damnit just be good at football again.
To be fair, both little Lincoln and Campbell are also wtf loss guys. I mean if you look at all the close games LaLaff had against suspect competition after they knocked off ISU..

Going with my usual, 10-2 +/- 2. 

No absolutes, becaue we don't know whether we will have injuries at the wrong positions, or the opponents will, or Al Talibana starts nuking stadia, half the team comes down with the dread disease of the day, et cetera. And don't forget the refs and their proclivities

If we are free of such problems, I could see 12-0. If not, I can't see us losing more than 3 or 4.

So... ballpark from 12-0 to 8-4.

…summons inner Satya….

Anybody not admitting they’re concerned about Louisiana after losses to BYU, Maryland and the like is grandstanding. I don’t like that game one bit. Veteran underdog team that is ranked and confident, buoyed by the hurricane that just destroyed their state and giving hope to the masses, against a team with a green quarterback, new coach, and receivers who can’t catch.

We will either run on them and win, or we won’t…and we’ll lose.

I’ve seen enough to know better than to get my hopes up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Hudson Card might be amazing. Sark might deserve that pedestal everyone has him on.  The defense might be for real this year. The other teams in the Big 12 might have all regressed while we are the only one improving.  Or maybe some of y’all have just been drunk on the preseason koolaid so many times you don’t even notice it happening anymore. It’s a rough awakening every time.  8-4 and I’d love to be wrong. 

• Like 1