COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

He was masked up and kept his distance.  I didn’t learn about this until the end of the visit.  10 days of testing negative is good by me.  I’m fully vaxxed and have had covid.

masks, space & ventilation.

On February 7, the president told Woodward what he'd heard from China's president about the virus.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It goes through air, Bob. That's always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch - you don't have to touch things, right? But the air, you just breathe the air. That's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than your - you know, your - even your strenuous flus.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/10/911368698/trump-tells-woodward-he-deliberately-downplayed-coronavirus-threat

Edited by brakeman
Die donnie, EBOD Bob.
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, brakeman said:

On February 7, the president told Woodward what he'd heard from China's president about the virus.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It goes through air, Bob. That's always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch - you don't have to touch things, right? But the air, you just breathe the air. That's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than your - you know, your - even your strenuous flus.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/10/911368698/trump-tells-woodward-he-deliberately-downplayed-coronavirus-threat

My antibody game is strong.  Testing negative for 10 days is good enough for me.  My niece got to go back to school in under a week with one negative test. This guy tested negative, and tested negative again 10 days later.

• Hook 'Em 1

Awesome that our president got to learn 7th grade biology on-the-job, and from a Chinese tutor no less!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

I don’t think I’ll ever understand this level of rank hypocrisy and selfishness. What in the world would possess you to imperial the livelihoods of four young defenseless children by making them orphans? And of course, it’s up to others to pay for her burial

Californian Mom of four dies "unmasked, unmuzzled, and unvaccinated"

An anti-vaxxer Irish American mother (40) has "unexpectedly" passed away after battling Covid-19.

She was also photographed at a protest or anti-vaccine event holding a sign which read "Give voice to the vaccine injured."  She wore a t-shirt reading "Ex-vaxxer... I trusted them. Never again."

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/kristen-lowrey-californian-anti-vaccine-mom-four-dies

"She lived for her children (Tayden, McKenna, Ella, and Ryenn) and loved being their mother more than anything in her life. 

People who name their kids Tayden, McKenna and Ryenn... deserve to die.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grandioso said:

The sheep/control metaphor is so backwards. The compliant "sheep" are surviving. The defiant ones are charging into the slaughter. If Covid and/or the vaccine were a conspiracy to eliminate [**so-called**] free thinkers and patriots, it could not be going more beautifully according to plan.  This is the intro to the article on "culling" from Wikipedia. 

In biology, culling is the process of segregating organisms from a group according to desired or undesired characteristics. In animal breeding, it is the process of removing or segregating animals from a breeding stock based on specific trait. This is done to exaggerate desirable characteristics, or to remove undesirable characteristics by altering the genetic diversity of the population. For livestock and wildlife, culling often refers to the act of killing removed animals based on their individual characteristics, such as their sex or species membership, or as a means of preventing infectious disease transmission.

This is the photo:

image.png.9dec2fef5064df0ea8ef2de0729af227.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

No hyperbole: this is the most insane thing to come out of this. The PRESIDENT knew a full 1.5 months before this exploded in the US that the virus was airborne…. And he LIED to everyone about it. And no one cared that he needlessly thousands of Americans. And he actually admitted it to a reporter, like a dumbass.

And THEN THEY ACTUALLY VOTED FOR HIM AGAIN!!!! And he almost won!

fuck this country 

I know we like to say nothing matters (because it's largely true), but this was one of those things that I thought should've been a big fucking deal and absolutely no news coverage treated it like it mattered at all.  It was maddening. Same with Trump hijacking mask shipments from states so his buddies could sell them at a huge markup. The media essentially ignored that story, even when states had to enlist billionaires like Robert Kraft to help them circumvent Trump's thievery. It was absolutely maddening.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Someone from my past who has been harassing school boards about mask mandates just died from it. Left behind 3 kids and a husband.

Three? This family of 12 is w/o their dad.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/09/22/college-station-father-12-loses-battle-covid-19/

College Station father of 12 loses battle to COVID-19

Spoiler

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - A College Station family is working to pick up the pieces after their loved one died Monday from COVID-19 complications.

Reed Hickson, 49 tested positive for COVID-19 in August, his wife, Gina says in just days the battle began.

“It hit most of our family in a very mild form. We didn’t even think it was COVID at all, we were clueless,” said Gina.

Gina says it wasn’t long before Reed was taken to the hospital for breathing problems and then released.

“He got home he was doing great again. He was outside getting sun, feeling much better,” said Gina.

Within 20 days of testing positive Reed would go back to the hospital two more times before being admitted to the ICU.

“I didn’t see this coming at this stage. I was worried about all this stuff first round not third and that happened rather quickly and he did not handle the transport to ICU well at all,” said Gina.

Gina says Monday is when everything started to change.

“He stayed stable for a couple of days and then he was starting to steadily decline. We had, I cannot tell you how many people trying to save his life and trying to get an ECMO machine, a hospital that had a bed with one,” said Gina.

Friends like Dr. Andy Wilson were looking all over the country for an Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine that could potentially save Reed’s life.

“Even looking as far as Arizona, Nevada, Oklahoma, Miami, Florida we couldn’t get the resource and it’s a real problem,” said Wilson. “When you see it up close, a patient you’re caring for but even more so a family member, a friend, it changes your life.”

Reed died later on Monday.

“He fought and fought and fought and pleaded and begged to stay here with his family, I saw it, I watched it every day for a month straight,” said Gina. “The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life was to come home and tell my babies that their daddy wasn’t coming home.”

Gina says she’s thankful for all of those who have reached out a lending hand during this time especially those who worked to save her husband’s life.

“I have to say my compassion and understanding is to a whole new level and honestly my compassion for the doctors and nurses that are on the front lines dealing with this day in and day out around the clock,” said Gina.

The family declined to say whether Reed was vaccinated or not.

Reed leaves behind his wife Gina and 12 children, Cayla, Mason, Leiah, Connor, Reece, Lily, Morgan, Lance, Chase, Hensley, Casen, and Ryker.

Friends of the family have created a gofundme to help the Hicksons with any financial needs as they cope with this loss.

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/09/22/college-station-father-12-loses-battle-covid-19/

Reveal hidden contents

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - A College Station family is working to pick up the pieces after their loved one died Monday from COVID-19 complications.

Reed Hickson, 49 tested positive for COVID-19 in August, his wife, Gina says in just days the battle began.

“It hit most of our family in a very mild form. We didn’t even think it was COVID at all, we were clueless,” said Gina.

Gina says it wasn’t long before Reed was taken to the hospital for breathing problems and then released.

“He got home he was doing great again. He was outside getting sun, feeling much better,” said Gina.

Within 20 days of testing positive Reed would go back to the hospital two more times before being admitted to the ICU.

“I didn’t see this coming at this stage. I was worried about all this stuff first round not third and that happened rather quickly and he did not handle the transport to ICU well at all,” said Gina.

“He stayed stable for a couple of days and then he was starting to steadily decline. We had, I cannot tell you how many people trying to save his life and trying to get an ECMO machine, a hospital that had a bed with one,” said Gina.

Friends like Dr. Andy Wilson were looking all over the country for an Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine that could potentially save Reed’s life.

“Even looking as far as Arizona, Nevada, Oklahoma, Miami, Florida we couldn’t get the resource and it’s a real problem,” said Wilson. “When you see it up close, a patient you’re caring for but even more so a family member, a friend, it changes your life.”

“He fought and fought and fought and pleaded and begged to stay here with his family, I saw it, I watched it every day for a month straight,” said Gina. “The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life was to come home and tell my babies that their daddy wasn’t coming home.”

Gina says she’s thankful for all of those who have reached out a lending hand during this time especially those who worked to save her husband’s life.

“I have to say my compassion and understanding is to a whole new level and honestly my compassion for the doctors and nurses that are on the front lines dealing with this day in and day out around the clock,” said Gina.

Reed leaves behind his wife Gina and 12 children, Cayla, Mason, Leiah, Connor, Reece, Lily, Morgan, Lance, Chase, Hensley, Casen, and Ryker.

Friends of the family have created a gofundme to help the Hicksons with any financial needs as they cope with this loss.

one less quiverfull far-right nutjob I guess. Too bad he's already done his damage to the gene pool.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Mole said:

I read 12 kids and was bracing myself for a Shawn Kemp obit.

Kemp is a piker -- only seven. IDK why but I thought it was a lot more. Per the Internet Houston's own Calvin Murphy is the champ -- 14 kids with 9 women. One of those kids dated my buddy / our Strake QB JJ not long before getting knocked up by Robert Horry. 

28 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Kemp is a piker -- only seven. IDK why but I thought it was a lot more. Per the Internet Houston's own Calvin Murphy is the champ -- 14 kids with 9 women. One of those kids dated my buddy / our Strake QB JJ not long before getting knocked up by Robert Horry. 

That kid will come through in the clutch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 9:45 AM, HornPhD said:

The niece of a former co-worker of mine is a teacher (2nd year). She has COVID and was placed on a ventilator yesterday morning. Based on the current COVID hospitalization numbers, she likely didn’t get vaccinated and will soon join the FAFO roll call. 

Just saw on FB she died yesterday. 

Edited by HornPhD

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Reveal hidden contents

Go fund me is up to $56,000+ in just one day. Surely this guy had massive health insurance and stacks of life insurance policies in place, right?  

Just learned that one of my mom’s good friends died last weekend.   Beat cancer twice by putting her fate in the hands of the very smart folks at MD Anderson, but getting vaccinated was in opposition to her belief system.  I guess I should be thankful that my parents are crazy stupid, but not that crazy stupid???

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Hide contents

image.gif.b3761b7d47e4a5d5000e8cd03d081182.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

"...the family declined to say whether he was vaccinated or not" is an easy way to say "Nope."

If he was fully vaxxed and died, there would be Fox News/OAN/Alex Jones media event on their front yard right now, decrying the LiEs of FaUcHI and the PLanDemiC! This would be their dream come true - decent Christian man gets vaccinated, the vaccine doesn't save him, something something tHe LibZ! 

• Rage+1 1

This is just too frustrating. It looks like Mr. 12-kids-no-vax worked for... A MEDICAL SUPPLY COMPANY. Just...how?
They must be printing money right now. Also looks like it's owned/operated as a family deal.
My good friend/ sawbonz's wife's bff's husband that died recently of covid at 46 was a MRI salesman.
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

"...the family declined to say whether he was vaccinated or not" is an easy way to say "Nope."

No kidding. Had he been vaccinated, they surely would have said so if only to let others know that it can happen.

Plus that family has "We live in a secluded house off the road and are home schooled"  written all over them.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

one less quiverfull far-right nutjob I guess. Too bad he's already done his damage to the gene pool.

LDS, not quiverfull, if the info I came up with was correct. I googled and it looks like around half of the church members (nationwide) are hesitant towards the vaccine. Church leadership (via news articles) has been consistent with vaccine guidance, but like other groups there is division.

• Hook 'Em 1