COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Skinheads had kind of a moment in the late '80s and early '90s and Skrewdriver was the Beatles of that scene. The singer died in 1992 or thereabouts and the whole scene was circling the drain anyway, White Power rock was a thing there for awhile. It was basically shitty punk with a lot of racial slurs in it. 

And there was white power pop or whatever as well.  There were a couple of twins or something that the white power movement was trying to turn into the Olsen twins or something, and they were doing pop songs, etc. at a young age.  They were named after some color and I cannot remember what the hell it was, but I remember people being upset about it or them or whatever (not just because of the white power songs either).  Surprised they haven't turned up in a MAGA tour.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

And there was white power pop or whatever as well.  There were a couple of twins or something that the white power movement was trying to turn into the Olsen twins or something, and they were doing pop songs, etc. at a young age.  They were named after some color and I cannot remember what the hell it was, but I remember people being upset about it or them or whatever (not just because of the white power songs either).  Surprised they haven't turned up in a MAGA tour.

Prussian Blue. Their dad made them do it. They disavowed the scene and disowned their dad by the time the youngest was still in HS, I think.

• Hook 'Em 2

Wiki'd them....It was their mom, not their dad...and they were fraternal twins. Louis Theroux has made a couple of docs about them including one two years ago, now they are grown up.

Turns out Skrewdriver is from the outskirts of my English ex's hometown which does not surprise me at all. My ex in-laws are racist AF save for my ex....They weren't that bad when I lived over there in the '90s but the last 20 years have turned them into "right Nazis," as they would say in Lancashire. Rough place.

22 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Neo-Nazi  Singer says bold my beer bottle:

what's the groupie situation like after the "Blood & Honour" neo-nazi music fest?  I imagine him like Citizen Dick in "Singles"..."We're really big in Belgium right now!"

Also, say what you want about the Nazis.  They had badass uniforms, very moving cinematic films, powerful artwork, and several noteworthy texts from their regime.

However, "I really liked their music", was said by nobody.  ever.  not even goebbels.  I did not have neo-Nazi metal bands on my 2022 bingo card.  

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

what's the groupie situation like after the "Blood & Honour" neo-nazi music fest?  I imagine him like Citizen Dick in "Singles"..."We're really big in Belgium right now!"

Also, say what you want about the Nazis.  They had badass uniforms, very moving cinematic films, powerful artwork, and several noteworthy texts from their regime.

However, "I really liked their music", was said by nobody.  ever.  not even goebbels.  I did not have neo-Nazi metal bands on my 2022 bingo card.  

Dude!  Do you even Wagner?  Nazis love that shit.

Fun fact: Albert Spiers found out that a plan was in place to kill everyone in the Berlin Philharmonic and destroy all of their instruments, some of them priceless, if it looked like Berlin was going to fall.  Spiers told the conductor that if he (Spiers) ever asked them to play Wagner's Die Götterdämerung, they were to perform it, then immediately pack everything that the organization owned and all personnel on a convoy of trucks that Spiers had set up and ready to take them to the British.  Hitler forbade any orchestra in Germany to play Die Götterdämerung, since it was about the fall of the gods, thus (in Hitler's mind) his fall.  It made a great signal, and it worked.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 4

52 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Fun fact: Albert Spiers found out that a plan was in place to kill everyone in the Berlin Philharmonic and destroy all of their instruments, some of them priceless, if it looked like Berlin was going to fall.  Spiers told the conductor that if he (Spiers) ever asked them to play Wagner's Die Götterdämerung, they were to perform it, then immediately pack everything that the organization owned and all personnel on a convoy of trucks that Spiers had set up and ready to take them to the British.  Hitler forbade any orchestra in Germany to play Die Götterdämerung, since it was about the fall of the gods, thus (in Hitler's mind) his fall.  It made a great signal, and it worked.

Yeah, but Wagner wasn’t a nazi.  I was talking about the art and creativity of the actual third reich.  My father told me that spiers story long ago.   Looks like I’m going down a google rabbit hole.  Thanks jerk!

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, but Wagner wasn’t a nazi.  I was talking about the art and creativity of the actual third reich.  My father told me that spiers story long ago.   Looks like I’m going down a google rabbit hole.  Thanks jerk!

Some contend that Wagner was a major inspiration for Nazism, and I understand that argument.  You are correct that the Nazis didn't create any notable music, though.

Oh, and you are welcome!

9 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Username checks out. 

and I’ll raise you Carl orff and carmina burana, specifically O Fortuna which everyone on the world has heard. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My decades of hatred of that man suddenly feel justified.

Same. Something about that dude drove me to hate him. The shorts. The haircut. The why hasn’t this face been punched yet. The way too pasty white skin. Never actually winning anything.

It was basically like God said design the most annoying basketball player ever and they came up with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Same. Something about that dude drove me to hate him. The shorts. The haircut. The why hasn’t this face been punched yet. The way too pasty white skin. Never actually winning anything.

It was basically like God said design the most annoying basketball player ever and they came up with him. 

Grayson Allen?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

I didn't realize Stockton was an anti-vaxx nutter.  Seriously believes 150 pro athletes have dropped dead on the court or field from the vaccine. 

Sure would be nice if he would give us some names to go with the number.  I'm sure he'll get right on that.

What a douche.  I always thought Malone was the bigger POS of the two, but I stand corrected.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner would like a word...

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Sure would be nice if he would give us some names to go with the number.  I'm sure he'll get right on that.

What a douche.  I always thought Malone was the bigger POS of the two, but I stand corrected.

I mean how fucking regarded is that statement?  Gubment squashing these reports or something?  Fans in the stands aren't watching these people die in front of them and saying anything?  For fuck's sake, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner would like a word...

Danny Ainge says "hold my beer".  (Well, not literally.  Say, how did he avoid doing a mission?  Seems top tier athletes catch a break on that front more than any other group.  Hmmm.)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Perfect encapsulation of everyone in Utah. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My decades of hatred of that man suddenly feel justified.

With the power of a million suns I hate John Stockton.

#gospursgo

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Not to mention he was dirty AF.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think you owe it to his legacy to elaborate.  Call it a eulogy.

oh nothing specific, he was just a dick to everyone in the hood. no one gave a shit that he sold 100M records 100 years ago, but that didnt stop him from acting like he was being put upon anytime anyone approached him. the only cool thing he did - his halloween decorations were awesome including a giant grim reaper robot that would hand you candy and scare the shit out of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

All these years, I had no idea that my hatred for Stockton made me part of a legion.  I didn't realize we were so numerous.  That guy never did shit against any teams I cared about, so it wasn't even that I disliked him because he was good against my teams, like Larry Bird, who can also fuck right off, but that hatred came because of his greatness and not because he was a sniveling piece of shit, which is what Stockton looked like to me at the time and I guess he's confirmed it for us all now.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

All these years, I had no idea that my hatred for Stockton made me part of a legion.  I didn't realize we were so numerous.  That guy never did shit against any teams I cared about, so it wasn't even that I disliked him because he was good against my teams, like Larry Bird, who can also fuck right off, but that hatred came because of his greatness and not because he was a sniveling piece of shit, which is what Stockton looked like to me at the time and I guess he's confirmed it for us all now.

Yeah I didn't like Larry Bird, but I respected him, because of the obstacles he had to overcome, namely looks.  Stockton looked like a frat boy.  Larry Bird looked like an albino Irishman with vitiligo fucked a leopard.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2