COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah I didn't like Larry Bird, but I respected him, because of the obstacles he had to overcome, namely looks.  Stockton looked like a frat boy.  Larry Bird looked like an albino Irishman with vitiligo fucked a leopard.

I didn't Ike Bird when he was playing, but I respected him, begrudgingly. Now, I regular go back and watch Bird hilight videos because his game was amazing. 

I have never searched YouTube for John Stockton hilight videos. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah I didn't like Larry Bird, but I respected him, because of the obstacles he had to overcome, namely looks.  Stockton looked like a frat boy.  Larry Bird looked like an albino Irishman with vitiligo fucked a leopard.

Well yeah, but back in those days, I think that was a requirement to play for the celtics.  Danny Ainge, DJ, Kevin Frankenstein, and Parish were the all time greats at being ugly while playing basketball.  That team was one for the ages in that department.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well yeah, but back in those days, I think that was a requirement to play for the celtics.  Danny Ainge, DJ, Kevin Frankenstein, and Parish were the all time greats at being ugly while playing basketball.  That team was one for the ages in that department.

They were a mean looking bunch.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

34 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

All these years, I had no idea that my hatred for Stockton made me part of a legion.  I didn't realize we were so numerous.  That guy never did shit against any teams I cared about, so it wasn't even that I disliked him because he was good against my teams, like Larry Bird, who can also fuck right off, but that hatred came because of his greatness and not because he was a sniveling piece of shit, which is what Stockton looked like to me at the time and I guess he's confirmed it for us all now.

yes-soccer.gif

Joining Welcome Home GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I corrected myself after I realized you meant Dennis.  But yeah, watching those guys, plus Kurt Rambis and Bill Laimbeer under the basket was like a Japanese monster movie.  

Dennis Johnson was definitely one of the most bizarre looking dudes I ever saw.  Made rambis, bird and Laimbeer look downright normal.

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

what's the groupie situation like after the "Blood & Honour" neo-nazi music fest?  I imagine him like Citizen Dick in "Singles"..."We're really big in Belgium right now!"

Also, say what you want about the Nazis.  They had badass uniforms, very moving cinematic films, powerful artwork, and several noteworthy texts from their regime.

However, "I really liked their music", was said by nobody.  ever.  not even goebbels.  I did not have neo-Nazi metal bands on my 2022 bingo card.  

At least it’s an ethos 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bookman said:

I thought that was the Wofford College mascot. 

Tee hee

Stockton has a Hall of Fame career thanks to corrupt NBA refs. If he was on any team other than the Jazz he would have washed out after five years of averaging 7 pts, 3 asts, and 2 TOs. He is the embodiment of why I quit watching the NBA in my mid 20s, and I hope he eats a covid dick.

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Tee hee

Stockton has a Hall of Fame career thanks to corrupt NBA refs. If he was on any team other than the Jazz he would have washed out after five years of averaging 7 pts, 3 asts, and 2 TOs. He is the embodiment of why I quit watching the NBA in my mid 20s, and I hope he eats a covid dick.

Sorry you missed this.

Smaller market; no officiating help; 5 titles,  not bad.

Edited by SaucyJack
sorry for derail
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Deej said:

I didn't Ike Bird when he was playing, but I respected him, begrudgingly. Now, I regular go back and watch Bird hilight videos because his game was amazing. 

I have never searched YouTube for John Stockton hilight videos. 

This. Didn't like Bird when he played but holy hell, in retrospect, what a player.

2 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Sorry you missed this.

Smaller market; no officiating help; 5 titles,  not bad.

Fuckin' A, man. Fuckin' A.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Burt said:

All you Bird haters, are yall too young to appreciate 80s basketball (still the greatest era of the league)...or were yall sympathetic to Magic's whiney ass?

I was born in '73.  I remember it well.  I've always been a Rockets fan so fuck Larry Bird for '86. Fuck Magic Johnson on behalf of the Western Conference throughout the '80s. Fuck Danny Ainge most especially for the time he threw the ball at Mario Elie's face.  Fuck John Stockton for being a dirty rat bastard.  Fuck Karl Malone going all the way back to his La. Tech days since I grew up going to Lamar basketball games and they had quite a rivalry in the Billy Tubbs, Pat Foster era following Lamar's trip to the Sweet 16 back in '80.  Fuck Karl for impregnating a 12 year old.  Fuck Stockton for being an even bigger contrarian conspiracy dumbshit than Kyrie.  I had reasons for disliking all of them even though I no longer have anything against Bird or Magic.  The rest named in my rant still suck and will always suck.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/01/24/covid-19-vaccine-heart-transplant-boston-brigham-womens/?fbclid=IwAR15E2jxM-PdSNCarxHW9Qf2l3KyGzXpkO8nyD0UxKc5_avStHwHr4GOXGg

Dude won't get vaccinated so he won't be given a heart transplant.  Family members talking to the media are "proud he is sticking to his guns."

I'm sure his last words will be "Let's go Brandon."  Way to stick it to the libs, DJ!

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

I was born in '73.  I remember it well.  I've always been a Rockets fan so fuck Larry Bird for '86. Fuck Magic Johnson on behalf of the Western Conference throughout the '80s. Fuck Danny Ainge most especially for the time he threw the ball at Mario Elie's face.  Fuck John Stockton for being a dirty rat bastard.  Fuck Karl Malone going all the way back to his La. Tech days since I grew up going to Lamar basketball games and they had quite a rivalry in the Billy Tubbs, Pat Foster era following Lamar's trip to the Sweet 16 back in '80.  Fuck Karl for impregnating a 12 year old.  Fuck Stockton for being an even bigger contrarian conspiracy dumbshit than Kyrie.  I had reasons for disliking all of them even though I no longer have anything against Bird or Magic.  The rest named in my rant still suck and will always suck.  

You loved McHale though, right?

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm sure his last words will be "Let's go Brandon."  Way to stick it to the libs, DJ!

Lol, the guy who posted this and was angry about it blocked me and told me to fuck off when I commented that even though neither of us are doctors, a 31 year old man who just had a heart transplant MIGHT have a different risk profile than the average 31 year old. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You loved McHale though, right?

Not in the 80s so much.  I have nothing against him now which is how I feel about most players I might have disliked in the past.  Still, fuck Jerry Sichting.

5 hours ago, Burt said:

All you Bird haters, are yall too young to appreciate 80s basketball (still the greatest era of the league)...or were yall sympathetic to Magic's whiney ass?

Hated the Celtics, but respected Bird.  Hated the Lakers, but respected Magic/ Kareem.

I hate the Sixers now, but when I was a kid, it was the Doctor and Mo Cheeks all fucking day.  

I worked in Salt Lake City for a couple years during the Stockton-to-Malone era, and it was insufferable.  “Church ball” is to the Mormon youth experience as football is to the Texas youth experience.  The average Mormon male loves basketball, played organized ball extensively through at least their teen years and is a very knowledgeable fan as an adult.

The fundamental Stockton-to-Malone focus of those teams REALLY struck a chord with the Mormons.  They loved Malone, but Stockton was basketball Jesus to them.  He looked like the guy next to them at the Temple and was beating (almost) all the more physically gifted players in the league.  It was hard not to imagine there was not some covert racism involved, but I never heard anything like that expressed.

The Mormons really get off on being the underdog who shouldn’t win, facing some sort of seemingly impossible trial and prevailing because they are God’s chosen people.  And Stockton was that narrative at the highest level of their preferred sport.

You want YouTube likes, post a video of Mormons demonstrating their basketball prowess to the outside world.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

BOSTON (CBS) – David Ferguson is speaking out passionately on behalf of his son DJ. He says the 31-year-old is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant.

“My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.

The family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but because he has not received the COVID-19 vaccination he is no longer eligible according to hospital policy. Ferguson says his son refuses to get the shot.

“It’s kind of against his basic principles; he doesn’t believe in it. It’s a policy they are enforcing and so because he won’t get the shot, they took him off the list of a heart transplant,” Ferguson said.

Brigham and Women’s released a statement saying, “And like many other transplant programs in the United States – the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation.”

Dr. Arthur Caplan is Head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He says being vaccinated is necessary for this type of procedure. “Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off,” Caplan said. “The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving.”

DJ remains at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is a father of two children with a third on the way. The family says they are not sure what they plan to do. They are thinking about transferring him, but he may be too weak to move.

“We are aggressively pursuing all options, but we are running out of time,” Ferguson said.

While the family says DJ has received great care from doctors and nurses at Brigham and Women’s, they just don’t agree with the heart transplant COVID vaccination policy. “I think my boy is fighting pretty damn courageously and he has integrity and principles he really believes in and that makes me respect him all the more.”

Which is why the family is sticking by DJ’s side and hoping for the best. “It’s his body. It’s his choice,” Ferguson said.

• Haha 1

BOSTON (CBS) – David Ferguson is speaking out passionately on behalf of his son DJ. He says the 31-year-old is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant.
“My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.
The family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but because he has not received the COVID-19 vaccination he is no longer eligible according to hospital policy. Ferguson says his son refuses to get the shot.
“It’s kind of against his basic principles; he doesn’t believe in it. It’s a policy they are enforcing and so because he won’t get the shot, they took him off the list of a heart transplant,” Ferguson said.
Brigham and Women’s released a statement saying, “And like many other transplant programs in the United States – the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation.”
Dr. Arthur Caplan is Head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He says being vaccinated is necessary for this type of procedure. “Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off,” Caplan said. “The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving.”
DJ remains at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is a father of two children with a third on the way. The family says they are not sure what they plan to do. They are thinking about transferring him, but he may be too weak to move.
“We are aggressively pursuing all options, but we are running out of time,” Ferguson said.
While the family says DJ has received great care from doctors and nurses at Brigham and Women’s, they just don’t agree with the heart transplant COVID vaccination policy. “I think my boy is fighting pretty damn courageously and he has integrity and principles he really believes in and that makes me respect him all the more.”
Which is why the family is sticking by DJ’s side and hoping for the best. “It’s his body. It’s his choice,” Ferguson said.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“This hospital is run by butchers and ideologues that want to force a dangerous medicine into my body!  Also, I demand that they perform complicated, dangerous, delicate surgery on me!” 

I know, right?  I trust these folks to cut open my chest, take out my heart, put in someone else's heart, all while keeping me alive, then pumping me full of drugs so my body doesn't reject that other person's heart.  But I won't trust them to give me a vaccine, it might kill me!

Edited by shakahorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

2 hours ago, Horndog said:

Or who might actually use it.

If I was in that situation, my dad wouldn't be defending me to the media, he'd be telling me I was a dumbass hell-bent on making sure my kids don't grow up with their father.

I'm sick of people who say they love their families, but then don't get vaccinated which creates a burden on their families.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

I hated Kevin McCale until he retired, and always liked him as a coach, and he seemed like a really good dude.

This always gets me.

fucking hard day (or hard week) in America with sandy hook. along with the george floyd incident, easily the most angry/sad combo of emotions i can ever remember.  i remember watching this live i think. rough stuff. 

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Which is why the guy on the hospital bed can fuck right off.  If I’m facing leaving my kids alone in the world or getting injected with a 5G microwave Bill Gates tracking device and DNA manipulator, I am choosing the latter. 

Fucking this.  He's the poster child for "Americans are fucking terrible at risk assessment."

Thing A -- even if you believe some of the nuttier shit about vaccines, they STILL have a low likelihood of killing you.

Thing B -- not getting a heart will definitely kill me.

If you choose "definitely kill me" over "maybe has an outside chance of killing me".....we're all probably better off if you go ahead and make that choice posthaste and get the fuck out of our society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking this.  He's the poster child for "Americans are fucking terrible at risk assessment."

Thing A -- even if you believe some of the nuttier shit about vaccines, they STILL have a low likelihood of killing you.

Thing B -- not getting a heart will definitely kill me.

If you choose "definitely kill me" over "maybe has an outside chance of killing me".....we're all probably better off if you go ahead and make that choice posthaste and get the fuck out of our society.

now it's clear to me you're just a shill for the orphanage lobby 🙄

15 hours ago, Burt said:

I was actually a Kareem fan and to a lesser extent, a Rockets fan back then.  Didn't fully care about and transition to the Rockets as my primary team until Hakeem finished up at Cougar High.  So I had multiple reasons to hate the Celtics, and by extension, Larry Bird.  Fucker was a great player, but no thank you.

This is the crazy thing.  I bet they have a rule that smokers must quit smoking or people need to lose x amount of weight to hit a target weight as well to qualify for these transplants.  He's drawing the line at getting a shot.  WTF our ability to think critically is completely broken in this country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1