Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

FBI presser coming shortly. CNN said not yet determined if his corpse has been found. Said confusing because have both a coroner and cadaver dog. Are they looking for more remains is what they are saying? Or did the just find items? Parents might be in deep shit. All according to CNN. 

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Presser now with FBI: confirmation of what appears to be human remains and a backpack and notebook found belonging to Dirty. Area was previously underwater. Maybe his parents actually did kill him? 

That would certainly change my opinion of his parents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Presser now with FBI: confirmation of what appears to be human remains and a backpack and notebook found belonging to Dirty. Area was previously underwater. Maybe his parents actually did kill him? 

That was my theory. Maybe they just waited for enough decomposition to destroy the evidence before "stumbling across" his belongings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

That was my theory. Maybe they just waited for enough decomposition to destroy the evidence before "stumbling across" his belongings. 

Yeah. We just happened to find his backpack and notebook. Or it’s a completely different dead person. That they killed and planted with his shit? Or they killed their son. Or he was partially eaten by an alligator. Or he died from exposure. Or he offed himself. So many options

Yeah. We just happened to find his backpack and notebook. Or it’s a completely different dead person. That they killed and planted with his shit? Or they killed their son. Or he was partially eaten by an alligator. Or he died from exposure. Or he offed himself. So many options
Any homeless men of that general build missing from any surrounding counties? Or might want to check Brian's Grindr account.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

So we thinking the gators got him?  Shot himself and donated his body to the general welfare of the preserve wildlife?

This. Probably hoping the gators would do their thing and he’d never be found. Thus, no closure. You know, like a piece of shit would do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

...Or maybe the parents and cut a finger off the boyfriend before helping him out of the country.   Today they went to the park (with the finger) and 'found' some remains.   That twist would certainly improve their the lawyer's chance of selling the screenplay.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, 0xdeadbeef said:

...Or maybe the parents and cut a finger off the boyfriend before helping him out of the country.   Today they went to the park (with the finger) and 'found' some remains.   That twist would certainly improve their the lawyer's chance of selling the screenplay.

Ooh. Plot twist. I mean it doesn't necessarily beat Dog jumping over their fence with a bum ankle pressing a button on the side of their crap garden/flowerbed to have the flower bed revolve around to reveal a hidden staircase and bunker...and then arrest him...or does it? Your scenario has a lot of potential. 

My guess is he thought he could hide out there until the heat died down or whatever because he had an overinflated sense of his own wilderness survival skills. But after a while he realized that he wasn't really that cut out for it and the hopelessness of his situation and the lack of any social interaction got to him. So he offed himself.

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ooh. Plot twist. I mean it doesn't necessarily beat Dog jumping over their fence with a bum ankle pressing a button on the side of their crap garden/flowerbed to have the flower bed revolve around to reveal a hidden staircase and bunker...and then arrest him...or does it? Your scenario has a lot of potential. 

I can see this thing still going a lot of different directions.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully they can properly identify the remains. I would not assume it is Laundrie yet, if he killed somebody once why not again, like some homeless dude, to try and make it look like he is dead. 0xdeadbeef has a devious idea, so one needs to be sure that some of those 'remains' are things you cannot do without, not just a finger or two.

Or maybe he did go into the swamp, to be judged by the crocodilians. Who then applied the proper justice.

I'm curious, although they may not be disclosing all information is whether the clothing the corpse was wearing was consistent with what he wore or whether his parents could identify it as his clothing. Of course maybe he got naked before he let the alligator bite him, who knows.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1

Seriously, y'all. You'd have to be pretty stupid to leave a dead body with only one small part identifiable as his. There is this thing called DNA, and they likely have samples of his. The probability of them testing a finger that his parents happen to find and none of the other remains are like planning on winning the lottery. I mean, never underestimate the stupidity of law enforcement, but, yeah.

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Seriously, y'all. You'd have to be pretty stupid to leave a dead body with only one small part identifiable as his. There is this thing called DNA, and they likely have samples of his. The probability of them testing a finger that his parents happen to find and none of the other remains are like planning on winning the lottery. I mean, never underestimate the stupidity of law enforcement, but, yeah.

4smm6f.jpg

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I have an alternate theory. He lured Chevy Chase to that spot, then killed him and those are Chevy’s remains, soaked beyond recognition. Chevy was roughly the same stature and was going to blow wide open his beach drug empire. 

Same bone structure.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I think I would rather commit suicide by some other means and let the gators take care of the cleanup.

I know crocs and gators are different...but still that one scene in Crocodile Dundee where he explains what happens to you when they get you...pass. Not a good strategy. From what the FBI said in the presser they found a backpack and a notebook but the area hadn't been searched as it was under water previously. Guessing suicide though who knows...

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If it is Laundrie, and it probably is, the guy is a regard. He could have pleaded it down to like 20 years and easily gotten out before he turned 40.

Shit with a 20 year sentence he’d be able to get out after 10. Still, 10 years in prison sounds like pure hell. 

Have they released details on why the area that was underwater in previous search was no longer under water?  Seems fishy.   Florida gets a lot of rain, and drainage areas fill up fast, but they also go down fast.   Unless they searched that area a few hours after a huge rain storm, I'm not sure why it would have been underwater then but not now.  This isn't like Lake Travis that could drop 50' in a month.