Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

I think if the Gabby case spurs on the discussion that many of the families of the missing, particularly people of color, have not and do not get the resources Gabby’s family has had it’s a good thing. 

Watched the second part of the Dr. Phil stuff while literally getting a root canal and her parents/stepparents (both her stepdad and stepmom have know her since she was two years old) said they want all people to get that kind of attention. That it is what Gabby would have wanted. They said if you have someone missing and hashtag her name gets you more coverage to do it.

This country is a melting pot but it’s still roughly 60% white and whether fairly or unfairly whites are going to get more coverage. What is bothering me, is the amount of hate and vitriol you see on social media about her death…just tacky cold soulless comments. Girl died. Her journey is over. And by all accounts, she was a sweet if unrealistic soul. But the hate going towards her is severely misplaced.

Be pissed off at mainstream media that is well aware of the inadequacy of the coverage POC get and yet would rather talk about the inadequacy of the coverage of missing POC than actually do specials on said missing people of color. Be pissed off at that. Media is going to do what gets them ratings and what is popular. 

I just don’t get the hate and snark directed at her and her family. Those people can get bent. Let’s create some outrage!!! People once again being manipulated by the media and other powers that be to divide us and spawn a bunch of other dumb policy shit, etc…It galls me how easily people are manipulated we all are into being outraged and repeatedly whipped into a frenzy of outrage…like puppets. Get pissed at the puppet masters (but people are too dumb to know they are being manipulated much less attack the puppet masters.)

Off my stupid soapbox! 

————

As far as some more updates…more on the Mustang and yes his parents are lying their asses off (their attorney is now claiming they were simply dressed and confusing the dates lmao):

Car per the ticket must be abandoned approximately 5 days. Hmmm…

There are supposed to be more big updates regarding his family. Their lawyer claiming they want to search the reserve near their house but aren’t allowed to…blah blah blah…and hope they can soon….blah blah blah.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s a mighty big cultural bubble you’re living in. I and most of the people I know can’t relate to a cross country trip or a Caribbean vacation. But a random act of violence is the most relatable crime that can happen. Any person any place any time. 

The majority of the media’s “target audience” can relate to those things.  Cable news media could cover random acts of violence everyday and very quickly people would be desensitized to it.  Again, this is why unique situations get attention that simple mugging or stabbing do not.

5 minutes ago, po elvis said:

seems like in the covid world, he would be better of heading to a big city than the wilderness. wear a hat. wear a wig. wear a mask. nobody would ever recognize him.

This is true.  I walked right by the most miserable bitch I’ve ever worked with at the liquor store a few months ago.  I was spared 30 seconds of small talk because she didn’t recognize me with a mask on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

From the last influencer missing article:

Sims has more than 215,000 followers on her main Instagram account, where she promotes fitness and nutrition under the title "The Booty Doctor."

Don't look at me... just because that bitch stole my nickname. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

At least a few shows are covering more missing people bc of the Gabby stuff…people getting more coverage. Sad it takes something like this to get that valuable coverage. The first 48-72 hours is damn critical. This woman has been missing for 100 days…

interview-talk.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

That’s a mighty big cultural bubble you’re living in. I and most of the people I know can’t relate to a cross country trip or a Caribbean vacation. But a random act of violence is the most relatable crime that can happen. Any person any place any time. 

Sorry you are poor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Apparently there is a subreddit where people are dedicating all of their free time to this case. People are weird. 

They want to be featured in the next Netflix true crime documentary “Don’t F*ck With WASPs.”

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Apparently there is a subreddit where people are dedicating all of their free time to this case. People are weird. 

People dedicate all their free time to lots of dumb shit. Especially on the web. That “don’t fuck with cats” doc comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Every single cat lady/lesbian/women's studies major on every Facebook #Vanlife group is dedicated to this shit right now. Most of their delusional fantasy scenarios are aggy level insane..

Edited by rage-a-holic
  • Hook 'Em 1

At least a few shows are covering more missing people bc of the Gabby stuff…people getting more coverage. Sad it takes something like this to get that valuable coverage. The first 48-72 hours is damn critical. This woman has been missing for 100 days…

Went missing from an AirBNB? Was it in Staten Island? If so, I think I’ve solved that one.

7269b4817b702bb73eda195848d4ee38.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I couldn't find one either so I cued up the episode on my DVR and snapped the photo myself!!!

I love that show so much! It is so good. People are missing out. It’s a laugh track with so much more cerebral behind it. I end up watching each episode twice bc I miss so much inside stuff. That’s cool how you got the picture! 

13 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

This is true.  I walked right by the most miserable bitch I’ve ever worked with at the liquor store a few months ago.  I was spared 30 seconds of small talk because she didn’t recognize me with a mask on.

She probably did recognize you and is saying this exact thing to her friends.

jk

Lulz. 

https://www.tiktok.com/@charlienovasite

Tik Tok sleuths think Brian Laundrie may be hiding in an underground bunker beneath his parents’ flower bed based on drone video footage that some say shows a hand sticking out of the soil.

The footage shows Roberta and Chris Laundrie working in their garden at their Florida home before moving inside as soon as they see the drone watching them. In the first few seconds, people claim they can see Roberta Laundrie grab something or give something to a hand that pops up from the dirt, leading them to suspect their fugitive son is hiding in a bunker beneath the backyard. It is unclear when the original footage was taken.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you did, but strangulation takes dedication. i had my money on pushes her and she hits her head. 

i think those are both murder but completely different ballgames.

Like, one is an accident and the other is completely on purpose. That would be different.

• Haha 2