Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

If your son turned up at home and gave a convincing (and plausible) sob story about accidently killing his girlfriend, I think a lot of parents would try and protect their kid.  I'm a parent, I understand that.  I've never walked in those shoes so I can't say for sure what I'd do, but I can understand it.

The strangulation changes that.

If your son turned up and said he choked his girlfriend to death. I think most parents would call the cops....

I'll be curious if this changes anything with his parents or family.  Surely they didn't know this was the cause of death....and I assume they aren't gullible enough at this point to think he's innocents.  

• Hook 'Em 1

If your son turned up at home and gave a convincing (and plausible) sob story about accidently killing his girlfriend, I think a lot of parents would try and protect their kid.  I'm a parent, I understand that.  I've never walked in those shoes so I can't say for sure what I'd do, but I can understand it.
The strangulation changes that.
If your son turned up and said he choked his girlfriend to death. I think most parents would call the cops....
I'll be curious if this changes anything with his parents or family.  Surely they didn't know this was the cause of death....and I assume they aren't gullible enough at this point to think he's innocents.  

I don’t think this will change anything with the parents. I also don’t think most parents would call the cops on their own son in that situation, especially these parents.

typically if someone dies accidentally…you go get help. You don’t drag their body to a stream or leave them there and use their debit card and travel home and then disappear again. Hope they catch his ass. His parents are lying about when precisely he went on the run. Hope they get nailed if it can be proven they did something criminal. 

Since all the MSM sites have reported that the coroner was limited in what he could say (they are still keeping certain details very close to the vest) I’m guessing the throttling part includes facial or skull fractures as well. I still think he killed her in the van and then either carried her body  in his arms or put her in that large black bag that was often seen on the roof of the van and drug her to the place her remains were found. The vloggers who passed by the van not realizing it caught a lone flip flop (hers) and a cell phone on the ground near the van on their footage so they likely caught moments after her death. 

Edited by Nicole44

10 hours ago, Deej said:

Maybe she liked being choked during sex and things just got out of hand?

That's the excuse I'd use. 

And then what did she say, Mr Laundrie?

She yelled very loudly and clearly, “YES!  YES!!   HARDER!! CHOKE ME LIKE A BURMESE PYTHON WITH A FERAL PIG!!!”

She said choke me like a Burmese Python with a feral pig?

Yes, that’s what she said.  Screamed.

So what happened next.

I put my... hands around her neck... and I... *sobbing* I choked her like a Burmese Python with a feral pig!

To the jury:  He choked her.  Like a Burmese Python.  With a feral pig.

YES!  I CHOKED HER LIKE A BURMESE PYTHON WITH A FERAL PIG!!!  BUT I DIDN’T MEAN TO KILL HER!!!

No further questions, your honor.

Yep. None of what his parents have done do I agree with. I understand he is their son. But they have made this so much worse. And for that…fuck em. 

Meh, very few parents can turn into Bass Reeves. It is very easy to blame people and when we should exercise empathy. This cannot be easy on them either.

How easy is it to suppress nurturing instincts that would allow you to try to fist fight a bear to try to save your offspring.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Meh, very few parents can turn into Bass Reeves. It is very easy to blame people and when we should exercise empathy. This cannot be easy on them either.

How easy is it to suppress nurturing instincts that would allow you to try to fist fight a bear to try to save your offspring.

I understand exactly what you are saying. But the lying bullshit and their actions from the moment they knew there was something bad wrong haven’t truly helped their son. They obviously see it differently and it’s understandable but I do not agree at all with their actions. 

for nearly two weeks her parents were calling and texting Brian’s parents about their daughter. They never once picked up. Their son returns home on 9/1/21 and they are still receiving calls and texts several times a day about Gabby from her parents. They do not respond. he returns home in her van and tells them whatever he tells them. 

Instead they go on a fucking camping trip. Then on 9/10 Gabby’s father and stepfather text his parents that they will be calling the cops. His parents do not respond. They lawyer up and when she is reported missing on 9/11 and cops come to their door, his parents hand a note to the cops saying they have lawyered up and their son is not available to talk to. Then according to lost internet stuff they go camping again.

Then on 9/17 they report their son missing saying he decided to drive his mustang to the Carlton Preserve or whatever and that they haven’t seen him since 9/14 the day he left. Yet much later it comes out the Mustang was in their driveway as early as 9/15. Meaning it’s was picked up by them from where Brian allegedly had parked it to go hiking and they wait two plus days to report him missing.

then more information comes out and it is revealed they were “confused” about the date and that he actually left on 9/13 not 9/14. Such bullshit. And they can get bent. 

They helped him go on the run. It’s plain and simple. If they believed she was dead whether they thought or were told by him it was an accident or not, their solution is to help him clean out her van, go camping and then let their son (in whatever mental state he was in) go camping himself and go pick up his car etc…but wait several days before reporting him missing? They weren’t concerned about his state of mind? They weren’t worried? Nope because they helped his ass go on the run. They aren’t screaming in front of cameras asking for him to come home and they are worried etc? Nope because they know he’s gone to wherever they helped him to go. Again fuck em. 

many parents faced with the same would have just lawyered up and told him to let the legal system play out. They were more concerned that he escape any consequences and I hope hearing that she didn’t accidentally fall and hit her head really gets to them at night/or whatever he told them about how it all went down. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I understand exactly what you are saying. But the lying bullshit and their actions from the moment they knew there was something bad wrong haven’t truly helped their son. They obviously see it differently and it’s understandable but I do not agree at all with their actions. 

for nearly two weeks her parents were calling and texting Brian’s parents about their daughter. They never once picked up. Their son returns home on 9/1/21 and they are still receiving calls and texts several times a day about Gabby from her parents. They do not respond. he returns home in her van and tells them whatever he tells them. 

Instead they go on a fucking camping trip. Then on 9/10 Gabby’s father and stepfather text his parents that they will be calling the cops. His parents do not respond. They lawyer up and when she is reported missing on 9/11 and cops come to their door, his parents hand a note to the cops saying they have lawyered up and their son is not available to talk to. Then according to lost internet stuff they go camping again.

Then on 9/17 they report their son missing saying he decided to drive his mustang to the Carlton Preserve or whatever and that they haven’t seen him since 9/14 the day he left. Yet much later it comes out the Mustang was in their driveway as early as 9/15. Meaning it’s was picked up by them from where Brian allegedly had parked it to go hiking and they wait two plus days to report him missing.

then more information comes out and it is revealed they were “confused” about the date and that he actually left on 9/13 not 9/14. Such bullshit. And they can get bent. 

They helped him go on the run. It’s plain and simple. If they believed she was dead whether they thought or were told by him it was an accident or not, their solution is to help him clean out her van, go camping and then let their son (in whatever mental state he was in) go camping himself and go pick up his car etc…but wait several days before reporting him missing? They weren’t concerned about his state of mind? They weren’t worried? Nope because they helped his ass go on the run. They aren’t screaming in front of cameras asking for him to come home and they are worried etc? Nope because they know he’s gone to wherever they helped him to go. Again fuck em. 

many parents faced with the same would have just lawyered up and told him to let the legal system play out. They were more concerned that he escape any consequences and I hope hearing that she didn’t accidentally fall and hit her head really gets to them at night/or whatever he told them about how it all went down. 

Maybe they just really like camping???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

You seem really wrapped up in this case.  I don't know much of the details outside of what I heard on tv in passing or in this thread. 

Could I believe my own kid killed his girlfriend?  I am sure the mental gymnastics performed in my head would be Qanon-esque even if they had 8k video tape from 7 angles, and 50 eyewitnesses, DNA, and a confession.   

Also you cannot act like a reasonable empathetic human when cops and lawyers are involved.  That is just asking to be fucked over.   

His biggest fuck-up - besides killing her and running after he got back - was bringing her van back with him.

Hypothericaly - he should have sent a text to her parents via her phone saying that they got in an argument and "he left, saying he was going home". Then a text to his parents via his phone saying they broke up and he left and he's trying to get home because "she ditched" him and "left (him) stranded". Ask for money to get home or start hitchhiking.

Leave her body somewhere remote (not buried) or down a dropoff and hope animals get to her before she's found or after enough time that DNA or other evidence can't prove you did it. Park the van at a trailhead and leave it there.

When you get home, be all surprised that nobody has heard from her. Have some story about how you argued because she was flirting with some guys at a nearby campsite. Give them a vehicle description (no plates) that you saw once when you were there (grey Ford Explorer or something) so it'll appear on gate cameras.

Then just hope. Your parents respond to her parents talking about the breakup and "no, we haven't heard from her. She's not answering our texts or calls either". Talk to the cops. Avoid arousing much suspicion. Might get away with it.

Hypothetically, of course.

1 hour ago, Modessit said:

His biggest fuck-up - besides killing her and running after he got back - was bringing her van back with him.

Hypothericaly - he should have sent a text to her parents via her phone saying that they got in an argument and "he left, saying he was going home". Then a text to his parents via his phone saying they broke up and he left and he's trying to get home because "she ditched" him and "left (him) stranded". Ask for money to get home or start hitchhiking.

Leave her body somewhere remote (not buried) or down a dropoff and hope animals get to her before she's found or after enough time that DNA or other evidence can't prove you did it. Park the van at a trailhead and leave it there.

When you get home, be all surprised that nobody has heard from her. Have some story about how you argued because she was flirting with some guys at a nearby campsite. Give them a vehicle description (no plates) that you saw once when you were there (grey Ford Explorer or something) so it'll appear on gate cameras.

Then just hope. Your parents respond to her parents talking about the breakup and "no, we haven't heard from her. She's not answering our texts or calls either". Talk to the cops. Avoid arousing much suspicion. Might get away with it.

You sound like you know where a body or two are located

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Modessit said:

Did you consult with OJ on “If I Did It” as well?

On 10/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, C-Man said:

Read a story a couple of days ago where professional survivalists are very skeptical that Laundrie had the expertise to stay alive in the preserve for this long. Either he's not there or he's dead and will possibly never be found.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I'm hoping he's living under the flower bed 

Agreed. The story arc is really dragging right now. We need douchebag Dog to bust into the underground chamber  and find  him living down there with JFK Jr. That  would get the pace humming again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I don’t think he’s dead. I think his family had ample time to decide on a course of action before she was declared missing. Her parents and step parents were blowing up his parents’ phones since 8/28 when they hadn’t heard from her. He eventually blows into town on 9/01. They formulated a plan. Otherwise they are cool with him dying in the swamp or committing suicide (neither of which I buy.) why lawyer up, avoid her parents at all costs and lie about his whereabouts? And after he “disappears” not report it right away, sit around and wait a few days? They worked out wherever it was he would go or you’d see and hear real angst from them freaking out that they haven’t heard from him. They had days between 9/01 and 9/11 to help their son go on the run and that’s what they did. Imo.