Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Or the fact your toilet is right next to your bed. The food sucks. It is never quiet. I watched those MSNBC shows about prison and I am sure they glossed over how awful it is. 

I think about it a lot.  Just the business I'm in.  About 60%+ of our cases are criminal.  No death penalty, thankfully.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I think about it a lot.  Just the business I'm in.  About 60%+ of our cases are criminal.  No death penalty, thankfully.

I can't imagine. Not the right place (not CR the thread) but prison should be different than what it is for most. A pathway back to life. For those who can't or will not be rehabilitated then ya...it should be a miserable experience mostly. I am a tender heart so I try not to think of any one individual as a lost cause...but I have watched and been personally involved in too many true crime cases to know that there are some (and its not a litmus test--its just fact) that deserve every bit of shit they get. There are some legit scary people out there. But the vast majority find themselves making horrible on top of horrible decisions and it should not mean, imo, they deserve End of Days type treatment. Off my soapbox. If this post needs to be deleted I understand. Being involved in two true crime cases...the ripple effects on the family is so devastating. it is like poisoning a tree or something. First their kid is just missing...then found dead...there is not closure for them. I have personally witnessed what happens when someone loses a loved one to murder and there is just this cyclone bomb of devastation that hits that family. Sure there is shit that happens to the accused persons family. It is a singularly devastating event. Worse than just your loved one dropping dead from a stroke one day (or a heart attack like my dad.) People are protesting outside the Dirty guy's home as though there will ever be justice for her. I am not sure what percentage of people who commit crimes tell you the whole truth so that victims will know exactly what happened but I imagine it is slim. There isn't really real justice for her...honestly, and if Brian Laundrie was an abusive type, at least he can't hurt anyone else?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I can't imagine. Not the right place (not CR the thread) but prison should be different than what it is for most. A pathway back to life. For those who can't or will not be rehabilitated then ya...it should be a miserable experience mostly. I am a tender heart so I try not to think of any one individual as a lost cause...but I have watched and been personally involved in too many true crime cases to know that there are some (and its not a litmus test--its just fact) that deserve every bit of shit they get. There are some legit scary people out there. But the vast majority find themselves making horrible on top of horrible decisions and it should not mean, imo, they deserve End of Days type treatment. Off my soapbox. If this post needs to be deleted I understand. Being involved in two true crime cases...the ripple effects on the family is so devastating. it is like poisoning a tree or something. First their kid is just missing...then found dead...there is not closure for them. I have personally witnessed what happens when someone loses a loved one to murder and there is just this cyclone bomb of devastation that hits that family. Sure there is shit that happens to the accused persons family. It is a singularly devastating event. Worse than just your loved one dropping dead from a stroke one day (or a heart attack like my dad.) People are protesting outside the Dirty guy's home as though there will ever be justice for her. I am not sure what percentage of people who commit crimes tell you the whole truth so that victims will know exactly what happened but I imagine it is slim. There isn't really real justice for her...honestly, and if Brian Laundrie was an abusive type, at least he can't hurt anyone else?

I dozed in and out, but I got most of it and agree with the parts I read. :)  I'm a firm believer in the notion that whatever it is, prison shouldn't include rape.  As mentioned, I think the lack of A/C is a real deterrent (for me).  Obviously, there's more awful stuff about it and, for some, it should be unpleasant at the least.  I'm in the fairness business.  So I have to stay 100% objective, and I do a pretty good job at it, I hope. 

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Modessit said:
16 hours ago, Dutch said:
You mean other than lawyers who are billing hours whilst perusing The Surl?

You mean wives who claim to be too tired to have sex but then stay up another hour watching something on their phone?

13 hours ago, Deej said:

Maybe they didn't realize he was a fan of UT football?

This 1-2 punch of posts hit me right in my soul and I don’t like it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, dcbc said:

The lack of air conditioning would do me in.

23 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Or the fact your toilet is right next to your bed. The food sucks. It is never quiet. I watched those MSNBC shows about prison and I am sure they glossed over how awful it is. 

22 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

May-September would suck.

These are all true. 

But not really the worst.  The worst is the complete dehumanization 

• Hook 'Em 5

He probably thought initially he could buy some time by using her debit card to drive her van back to his parents' home. Until she was reported missing and it was apparent that he had fewer alternatives.  I think that is why (listening to some of the experts talk on this case) they thought he wouldn't commit suicide. Because he didn't do that immediately after the murder. I doubt from the state of the remains we will truly know how long they have been there (largely because decomposition rate in Florida) but I am curious (horrible crime follower that I am) if his demise was the elements, a predator, murder or suicide. I thought based on the fact that he didn't commit suicide immediately after that he was more about self preservation. 

I’m admittedly ignorant but his remains would be “skeletal” by now?
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I’m admittedly ignorant but his remains would be “skeletal” by now?

Yeah. Probably would only take a few days in that kind of climate. Certainly much quicker than other places. I just wonder if he immediately took his life after entering the reserve OR he died from something related to the elements. They did find that notebook so maybe he poured his heart out in there? 

The stuff from 9/11 on with his parents is really screwy and their attorney isn’t helping the timeline from that point until the day dirty was reported missing. He is making all these statements and I guess it contradicts what LE knows or has. He needs to shut the fuck up. He said earlier today that Brian was extremely distraught when he came home and yet his parents allegedly found his mustang on 9/14 but don’t pick it up until 9/15 and don’t tell police he’s gone until 9/17 even though their son was distraught. Weird fucking people and their attorney needs to shut up because what I just typed is shit coming from their attorney.

6 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

When they resort to checking dental records, it's a pretty good indication that whatever's left ... isn't too recognizable.

Well, I gathered that. I guess I'm thinking into the conspiracy shit in that the parents happened to find his remains within hours of being there, it was the dad and a reporter. What did they find? A partial skull with teeth intact that matched Laundrie? Or did they find a few loose teeth that were his -- made me think of Matt Dillon and Neve Campbell in Wild Things! 

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if his parents helped prepare his escape, for days secretly packing away money and supplies all while consulting a lawyer. On the day he leaves they kiss him and bid him good luck on his long journey ahead to Cuba or Canada as he slips out. He enters the preserve looking at a map and pauses a moment to go over his plotted route when out of nowhere an alligator explodes from the marsh and eats him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if his parents helped prepare his escape, for days secretly packing away money and supplies all while consulting a lawyer. On the day he leaves they kiss him and bid him good luck on his long journey ahead to Cuba or Canada as he slips out. He enters the preserve looking at a map and pauses a moment to go over his plotted route when out of nowhere an alligator explodes from the marsh and eats him.

*Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm music*

• 5 weeks later...

(CNN)Brian Laundrie died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head, an attorney for the Laundrie family told CNN on Tuesday.

"Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide," said attorney Steven Bertolino. 

CNN has reached out to authorities for further comment, and has followed up with Bertolino regarding how Laundrie came to be in possession of a gun.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

(CNN)Brian Laundrie died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head, an attorney for the Laundrie family told CNN on Tuesday.

"Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide," said attorney Steven Bertolino. 

CNN has reached out to authorities for further comment, and has followed up with Bertolino regarding how Laundrie came to be in possession of a gun.

Maybe he got it from crossing state lines

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He did it in the wrong order.  These murder-suicide assholes always get it wrong.  FIRST, commit suicide, THEN commit the murder.  Trust me, that's the way it should go.

• Hook 'Em 4