Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah the only way that would be the case is if Dad is a prepper or something and had that thing built years ago in secret. 

I still want to know what the fuck was in that video though. Maybe they have a pet mole in the garden. 

I think one of the twitter comments about it was correct. That person considered it was likely a root. When I'm chopping out an old plant, I'll get stuff like that and because of the stumpy pieces that hang off of it, it can resemble a hand. If she moved it out of the way and it fell over, it would seem to be moving due to the video quality.

29 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Is anyone searching for the top five buttons that are missing on all of Dog the Bounty Hunter's shirts?

They just pop off the boys medium shirts when you have the height of a 10 year old and the chest size of a grown man.

Dayum! Not a good time to look like Dirty Laundrie. This poor guy had US Marshals show up at his hotel room in NC. They told him to shave his facial hair once they figured out he wasn’t Dirty. lots of alleged sightings near the Appalachian trail I guess. Still. 

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/18/brian-laundrie-lookalike-federal-agents-false-alarm/

• Hook 'Em 1

Dude has definitely beaten the odds.  Even if he’s dead, you gotta respect that he hasn’t been found yet.  Hope they get his ass soon.

My current hypothesis: they got into an argument (as they frequently did), she went crazy on him (again), he lost control and choked the everloving shit out of that annoying ass bitch, realized he killed her (oops), freaked out and took off, came home and convinced his family that it was self defense and also convinced them that there was no way anyone would believe it, so they helped him gtfo.  He is probably in the wilderness somewhere but as time passes I think it’s more and more possible the bastard might’ve actually made it to another country (Cuba?  Mexico? Haiti? DR?) and carving out a new life.

9 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Dude has definitely beaten the odds.  Even if he’s dead, you gotta respect that he hasn’t been found yet.  Hope they get his ass soon.

My current hypothesis: they got into an argument (as they frequently did), she went crazy on him (again), he lost control and choked the everloving shit out of that annoying ass bitch, realized he killed her (oops), freaked out and took off, came home and convinced his family that it was self defense and also convinced them that there was no way anyone would believe it, so they helped him gtfo.  He is probably in the wilderness somewhere but as time passes I think it’s more and more possible the bastard might’ve actually made it to another country (Cuba?  Mexico? Haiti? DR?) and carving out a new life.

If you gave me something like 20/1 odds I would put some money on Cuba.

• Hook 'Em 1

If he made it to Cuba it would have to have been via boat right? Did he steal this boat? Does his family have a boat that's unaccounted for? 

I would like to think that investigators have checked things like this but honestly the average Surly poster has a good 30 IQ points on an average detective. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If he made it to Cuba it would have to have been via boat right? Did he steal this boat? Does his family have a boat that's unaccounted for? 

I would like to think that investigators have checked things like this but honestly the average Surly poster has a good 30 IQ points on an average detective. 

Doesn’t everyone in South Florida have a boat?  Get his ass down to Miami via car and hitch a ride with some drug runners? It’s as plausible as him surviving for over a month in the swamp.  Also, my knowledge of South Florida is pretty much limited to watching Miami Vice and Bad Boys.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I think fleeing the country is more likely than hiding out in the wilderness. I don't think his parents/family left Florida, so that would rule out the Appalachian Trail. 

Driving to Texas and crossing into Mexico seems plausible. More plausible than taking a boat from Florida to Cuba. 90 miles sounds easy, but we're talking open ocean. He'd need a pretty serious boat to make the journey safely.

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think fleeing the country is more likely than hiding out in the wilderness. I don't think his parents/family left Florida, so that would rule out the Appalachian Trail. 

Driving to Texas and crossing into Mexico seems plausible. More plausible than taking a boat from Florida to Cuba. 90 miles sounds easy, but we're talking open ocean. He'd need a pretty serious boat to make the journey safely.

People go from so Fl to Bimini on jet skis all the time.  Now granted they usually have a flotilla of CC (at least my buddies did) for fuel, but 90 miles is more than doable on a 21’ cc or bigger ski. 

Edited by jdhorn92

Waiting for the Marshals/FEDS to ambush this guy next. Now he’s driving a Subaru. (Which makes for a perfect getaway vehicle for this turd.) 

I can’t find the tweet I wanted where this guy that kinda looks like Dirty but he had an orange tshirt made that he wears when he goes hiking that says, “I am not Brian Laundrie!”  Geez…

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Waiting for the Marshals/FEDS to ambush this guy next. Now he’s driving a Subaru. (Which makes for a perfect getaway vehicle for this turd.) 

I can’t find the tweet I wanted where this guy that kinda looks like Dirty but he had an orange tshirt made that he wears when he goes hiking that says, “I am not Brian Laundrie!”  Geez…

That's exactly the kind of thing Brian Laundrie would do

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It's 57 miles one way from Miami to Bimini. That is a very hairy trip to make on a jet ski. 

I know right.  On my buddies trip, the  jet skier was wearing full on ski (snow) helmet and goggles and had a larger boat on the trip for breaks, gas, food and water.  90 miles to Cuba on one would be another thing altogether, but it is doable.

Who wore it better? DB Cooper or Bald Brian Laundrie?

And by "it" I mean "obviously died and body will never be found but pragmatism and occam's razor will be lost to mythology and conspiracy eternal, because it's fun and women have a chromosome that addicts them to true crime, it seems".

Edited by DonkeyCigars

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Cubans sail north in this. 

image.png.2f821ce0d73451c129985303c8f6f4ec.png

Maybe he went to Haiti and the next earthquake will get him

17 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, informed the FBI and the North Port Police Department Tuesday night that they intended to come to the park on Wednesday morning to search for him, family attorney Steven Bertolino said. Law enforcement met them there Wednesday morning, he said.

After a "brief search" off a trail Laundrie frequented, the family and law enforcement found "some articles" belonging to him, Bertolino said. He would not give any further information on what or how many items were found.

"brief search" yeah right. 

Edited by hornbri

1 minute ago, TexasToast said:

The parents could have staged this with his help.

Sounds amazingly coincidental that the "brief search" was so successful so quickly.  Almost like they knew what they were looking for and where.

These people suck.  I hope their lives go down the toilet along with their son.

#BREAKING A senior law enforcement officials tells @NBCNews @PeteWilliamsNBC what appears to be partial human remains have been found in the Carlton Reserve in an area previously underwater. 
The remains were found near a backpack consistent with items Brian Laundrie may have had

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ABSR said:

Sounds amazingly coincidental that the "brief search" was so successful so quickly.  Almost like they knew what they were looking for and where.

These people suck.  I hope their lives go down the toilet along with their son.

Your lack of faith in honesty, and humanity is disturbingly accurate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

#BREAKING A senior law enforcement officials tells @NBCNews @PeteWilliamsNBC what appears to be partial human remains have been found in the Carlton Reserve in an area previously underwater. 
The remains were found near a backpack consistent with items Brian Laundrie may have had

Boooooo

• Rage+1 1

Well he’s dead I guess. Maybe the protests outside his parents’ house will go away? This would have been a tough case to prosecute. I still can’t believe his parents waited four days to report him missing…wtf? I guess they either didn’t care or didn’t think he might die/off himself or they’d rather it be this outcome than be arrested or in jail? 

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Well he’s dead I guess. Maybe the protests outside his parents’ house will go away? This would have been a tough case to prosecute. I still can’t believe his parents waited four days to report him missing…wtf? I guess they either didn’t care or didn’t think he might die/off himself or they’d rather it be this outcome than be arrested or in jail? 

He wasn't "missing" to them

• Hook 'Em 1