Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

36 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

NFL is rolling out new commercials about how football is for everyone, trying to keep themselves relevant. The Grueden emails with the racism and homophobia and misogyny flies in the face of what they are trying to accomplish. He is what they want to leave behind. He is Archie Bunker when they'd rather have Jay Pritchett from Modern Family be a representative of who they are. A guy with love and tolerance for everyone. This is a marketing move first and foremost. The NFL ain't got no time to drag Archie Bunker into the now. It is a bonus that Godell is getting payback.

I'm curious how Carl Nassib feels about his (now former) coach calling people faggots and lamenting the drafting of Michael Sam into the NFL.  Considering "but his players all love him so much!!!!" was an argument last night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So who are the “other participants” and will they receive the same fate if still employed by NFL?

A spouse of an acquaintance was recently fired from an Austin tech manufacturing site  because he didn’t do anything, reprimand anyone, or rat anyone out when someone on their Teams IM chat asked what the “+” stood for in LBGTQ+. A few “jocular” replies were made about scenarios that might qualify as plus. One person saw the chat, informed HR, and although he made zero comments in the chat thread, he was fired. 

We are all now members of the secret political correctness gestapo. If your friend or family member says something incompatible with 2021 PC standards, you must get them canceled or you yourself will be canceled!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Florio often gets on my nerves but he is spot on here.

“Does the league want us to regard Gruden as an outlier? Maybe. Or maybe the truth is that the league simply doesn’t want us to see how deep and dark and dirty the rabbit hole is. Gruden’s penpal, Bruce Allen, exchanged emails with plenty of people. Surely, he and Washington owner Daniel Snyder exchanged emails and text messages. Where are those?

This isn’t some fringe theory. More and more fans (and in turn, more and more media) are asking the questions that should have been asked in July. Why are the specific things that Snyder allegedly said or did being concealed?

As we wrote at the time, the league protected Snyder because that in turn protected other owners from finding themselves in a similar predicament, with scorched-earth reviews of business practices sparked by, potentially, false or embellished allegations (or, perhaps more accurately, credible allegations that they dismissed as false or embellished). No one wants to be audited, even if they haven’t cheated on their taxes. The WFT investigation amounted to an audit of the organization. By hiding the outcome of that audit, other owners could take some solace in the fact that, if they’re ever audited, the results will end up in an underground sarcophagus for a thousand years or longer.

That’s what would have happened, if the NFL hadn’t dipped into the WFT sarcophagus to selectively harvest and leak the Gruden emails. Now that the NFL has opened the door, others are insisting that other emails be released.

The fair and proper thing to do would be to release the full contents of the investigation. At a basic minimum, all of Allen’s emails should be released, including communications with employees of other teams and/or the league office. At a bare minimum, Allen’s email exchanges with Snyder should be disclosed.

Any other outcome is unacceptable. Any other outcome amounts to hypocrisy of the highest degree. Any other outcome makes the league complicit in any misconduct reflected in those emails, because the NFL continues to actively cover it up — the same way the NFL covered up the Gruden emails until the NFL realized that releasing them had one or more strategic benefits.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

A spouse of an acquaintance was recently fired from an Austin tech manufacturing site  because he didn’t do anything, reprimand anyone, or rat anyone out when someone on their Teams IM chat asked what the “+” stood for in LBGTQ+. A few “jocular” replies were made about scenarios that might qualify as plus. One person saw the chat, informed HR, and although he made zero comments in the chat thread, he was fired. 

We are all now members of the secret political correctness gestapo. If your friend or family member says something incompatible with 2021 PC standards, you must get them canceled or you yourself will be canceled!

Or has ever said something incompatible with PC standards!

Thank God for small business in the South and entrepreneurship, that always gets purple hair lunatics in a bind when you are the boss they try to tattle tale on.

• Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Finally, some football talk on the football board

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Ah yes, cancel culture. A recent phenomenon, for sure. I remember the good old days when people were simply fired for being gay, or not being the right religion, or having different political beliefs, or believing women should vote, or advocating for equal rights among the races.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Yes, I'm sure that's EXACTLY how it went down.   They were probably looking for a reason at that point. 

Also this is Texas - you can be fired for walking into work in a blue shirt on a Thursday if your boss happens to hate blue that morning. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

Texags makes me sad:

Quote:
Gruden addressed the players in a Friday morning meeting, letting them know that an article was coming out in The Wall Street Journal reporting that he, then working for ESPN as the lead analyst on Monday Night Football, had emailed then-Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen and said NFL Players Association president DeMaurice Smith, who is Black, had "lips the size of michellin tires" in 2011. Gruden also made a vulgar comment about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

This isn't racist. Some people have enormous lips. Many of those people are black. Pointing out someone's enormous lips, nose or whatever may be insensitive, but it is not racist. What, are we all supposed to pretend someone doesn't have enormous lips? To acknowledge it somehow makes you racist?

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3238190

Is it somehow off limits to show recruits the Texags Politics board?  Seems like it woul dbe pretty damn easy to recruit against them.  "Son, it's come to my attention that you are considering Texas A&M.  Might I suggest you spend 5 minutes perusing Texags, their most popular fan site, and pay particular attention to the Politics board.  Then get back to me."  Seems like any kid who was even slightly aware of what goes on over there would steer as far clear of that as possible.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Is it somehow off limits to show recruits the Texags Politics board?  Seems like it woul dbe pretty damn easy to recruit against them.  "Son, it's come to my attention that you are considering Texas A&M.  Might I suggest you spend 5 minutes perusing Texags, their most popular fan site, and pay particular attention to the Politics board.  Then get back to me."  Seems like any kid who was even slightly aware of what goes on over there would steer as far clear of that as possible.

They would just the eyes of Texas thread and the comments on Emmanuel Acho

Not gonna read the whole thread, but am I the only one who wants to know if Gruden, his brother, or his buddy Allen in the WFT front office discussed the need to portray Colt McCoy as worthless when he started as QB? We all witnessed the unfair comments on MNF, and my immediate recall of the Gruden era there was that he typically liked to praise guys that played in the games in which he was serving as the color guy.

Agreed with what some are saying above which is it seems likely that the "source" of the leak was someone at the NFL with a specific axe to grind against Gruden (obviously Goodell a potential candidate but see below).  But sure seems like they opened Pandora's box.  Because how many other similar emails are they sitting on various team email servers from owners, executives and coaches.  Are the social justice warriors going to call for NFL teams to self audit to snuff anyone out that has ever emailed something inappropriate.  That's kind of why I'm not buying this was a thin skinned Goodell hit job.   You know every single owner is all over his ass right now wondering who the fuck is selectively leaking emails to the NYT.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Agreed with what some are saying above which is it seems likely that the "source" of the leak was someone at the NFL with a specific axe to grind against Gruden (obviously Goodell a potential candidate but see below).  But sure seems like they opened Pandora's box.  Because how many other similar emails are they sitting on various team email servers from owners, executives and coaches.  Are the social justice warriors going to call for NFL teams to self audit to snuff anyone out that has ever emailed something inappropriate.  That's kind of why I'm not buying this was a thin skinned Goodell hit job.   You know every single owner is all over his ass right now wondering who the fuck is selectively leaking emails to the NYT.

depends on the race, equality means some people are more equal than others

Edited by Zeus
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Yep they opened the door by selectively leaking just Gruden’s emails. Which…good! The drum beats will get louder and louder within mainstream media about WFT and why there hasn’t been any transparency in that investigation/audit. 

39 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Florio often gets on my nerves but he is spot on here.

“Does the league want us to regard Gruden as an outlier? Maybe. Or maybe the truth is that the league simply doesn’t want us to see how deep and dark and dirty the rabbit hole is. Gruden’s penpal, Bruce Allen, exchanged emails with plenty of people. Surely, he and Washington owner Daniel Snyder exchanged emails and text messages. Where are those?

This isn’t some fringe theory. More and more fans (and in turn, more and more media) are asking the questions that should have been asked in July. Why are the specific things that Snyder allegedly said or did being concealed?

As we wrote at the time, the league protected Snyder because that in turn protected other owners from finding themselves in a similar predicament, with scorched-earth reviews of business practices sparked by, potentially, false or embellished allegations (or, perhaps more accurately, credible allegations that they dismissed as false or embellished). No one wants to be audited, even if they haven’t cheated on their taxes. The WFT investigation amounted to an audit of the organization. By hiding the outcome of that audit, other owners could take some solace in the fact that, if they’re ever audited, the results will end up in an underground sarcophagus for a thousand years or longer.

That’s what would have happened, if the NFL hadn’t dipped into the WFT sarcophagus to selectively harvest and leak the Gruden emails. Now that the NFL has opened the door, others are insisting that other emails be released.

The fair and proper thing to do would be to release the full contents of the investigation. At a basic minimum, all of Allen’s emails should be released, including communications with employees of other teams and/or the league office. At a bare minimum, Allen’s email exchanges with Snyder should be disclosed.

Any other outcome is unacceptable. Any other outcome amounts to hypocrisy of the highest degree. Any other outcome makes the league complicit in any misconduct reflected in those emails, because the NFL continues to actively cover it up — the same way the NFL covered up the Gruden emails until the NFL realized that releasing them had one or more strategic benefits.”

Right on, Florio. This is my thinking. Gruden's emails are bad and probably make his locker room situation untenable. But for the league to act high and mighty, as if by firing Gruden they are removing some horrible stain on their league, while known human trafficker Daniel Snyder sits there unpunished and allowed to own a team, is fucking clown shoes, man. It really does prove that Roger Goodell is a pussy ass piece of shit.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, alincoln said:

Racist fanbases clearly don't negatively impact recruiting or winning in college football.

There is an unrecognized power in being able to express why you refuse to play for a school with a proudly racist fan base. The Sec is fortunate that the parents of highly prized black athletes don’t know  Tiger droppings exists.

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

No offense Doc but your opinion doesn't mean shit lol, I mean that sincerely. I'm talking about how they let Kraft keep his money making football team after they caught him taking advantage of young girls in a massage parlor but Jon Gruden has to go because the NFL cares about it's "image." It's hypocrisy that knows no bounds 

Those young girls wanted to get paid for a tug job. Charges were dropped. No evidence was ever made public. And Kraft is massively rich and powerful.

Welcome to the world. I’m not into that sort of thing but, if I was, I’ll bet it wouldn’t be too hard to find a massage parlor where I could get a happy ending. That should be legal anyway. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

59 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Sounds to me like a business was allowed to operate as it saw fit and that you somehow have a problem with it and want the government to tell them they can't do that, nazi.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Et7Bz3xWYAE5tBX.png

Seriously. And what is the logic in wanting to work for a place that casually allows misogyny and racism? Don't be surprised when the place that allows that high school bullshit also ends up being a really shitty place to work.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

This isn't racist. Some people have enormous lips. Many of those people are black. Pointing out someone's enormous lips, nose or whatever may be insensitive, but it is not racist. What, are we all supposed to pretend someone doesn't have enormous lips? To acknowledge it somehow makes you racist?
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3238190

Texags never disappoints. Or always does. At the same time

They never disappoint. Never:

Every couple on tv is biracial, and yet....

8,364 Views | 175 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Sea Speed
... it seems white men are incapable of marrying black women. 

Why is it those pushing the diversity narrative think black women are so I appealing?
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Why is it those pushing the diversity narrative think black women are so I appealing?

Survivor Shocked GIF - Survivor Shocked Gasp - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Ah yes, cancel culture. A recent phenomenon, for sure. I remember the good old days when people were simply fired for being gay, or not being the right religion, or having different political beliefs, or believing women should vote, or advocating for equal rights among the races.

You must be awfully old if you "remember" those days.

• Fuck You 1

59 minutes ago, Satchel said:

fox broadcasting ed mercer GIF by The Orville

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Watching a little Pro football talk with Florio and Simms right now. Both have the appropriate take on this…though Simms is more compelling bc he played under him. Stupid of Jon to put any of this in writing and send to an NFL email account. Both agreed that he needed to go. Both think that it is odd (neither are defending Gruden) that just his emails were leaked out of this huge investigation of the WFT. They want all the emails (from others like Dan Snyder etc…) to see the light of day as well. They don’t have a problem with Gruden’s being leaked but think it was a specific agenda to get rid of him by the NFL. 

Demaurice Smith’s job as NFLPA president was on the ropes this weekend when that specific email was released. He kept his job. At least through the next year. So there is that. Gruden had to go. No defense there. God only knows how many more emails were sent by him and how bad they are. Remains to be seen now that the result was achieved (Gruden is out of the NFL) will more continue to be leaked?

like Florio and Simms I would like to know more about the WFT investigation and feel like the NFL should be transparent about it. Cuz you can’t tell me that at the very least Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder don’t have far worse emails or emails on par with what Gruden sent. There’s just no way. 

Courtrooms are littered with the bones of organizations and companies that thought they could do away with a troublesome employee by way of selectively enforcing policy or procedure. California is an at-will employment state but I am sure they have  a good faith caveat or what-not. I’d probably be looking for the quiet settlement between the Raiders, NFL and Gruden sometime down the road. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jon-gruden-got-what-he-deserved-but-why-is-washingtons-daniel-snyder-relatively-immune-from-this-email-scandal-031525274.html

Gruden always came across as the Hollywood stereotype of a high school varsity quarterback, the white kid who always has a couple of hangers-on in tow, ready to laugh at every puerile, offensive quip he had, always at the expense of others. 

Clearly Gruden is that and more.

I have no sympathy for him. But what I can't square, and what is as repulsive as Gruden's emails, is that the NFL is fine with letting them leak but it continues to protect Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder like he's a human Fort Knox.

The pressure is going to ramp up to unveil what went down with the WFT.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

Why is it always the people whining about "cancel culture" the most are the ones who want all other cultures but theirs cancelled? "Oh no, this new comic book movie stars a transgender person*! Everyone boycott it!"

Anyway. 

This is not cancel culture. This is accountability. This is "don't bully those who are not like you; it never was cool, and now, way too late, we are trying to hold you accountable."

*nevermind the fact that the character in question was, in fact, multi-gendered...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Fuck that is a wild thread. They are so weird. 

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Halle Berry 90S GIF

It's a complete mystery to me...

• Drool 2

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Tough guy here.  😂

I’m just gonna leave this here for this little bitch and the rest of you sensitive little snowflake bitches out there who got your feelings hurt by the ignorant words of a football coach; this will be the last time I respond because quite frankly it gets tiresome reading the ninth grade level grammar of some of you dimwits. 

Are you really that sensitive that those words really hurt your feelings? Some of you seem so triggered by these words, but yet , how many of you actually read what Gruden sent in those emails? I doubt many of you did , you’re probably wanting to be outraged for the sake of outrage itself and all the emotional stages of victim hood it will bring you, culminating in some form of vindication through virtue signaling; which most of you are very good at. 

There should be a safe space where you assholes can huddle together and take solace. Compare your groupthink notes and gauged earrings; all while spouting the virtues of being good little victim-whores. Quite frankly, your much too ignorant to converse with, so carry on with your fragile emotional state and continue being outraged little snowflakes. The world is going to gobble you up(metaphorically speaking morons).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 25

3 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

I’m just gonna leave this here for this little bitch and the rest of you sensitive little snowflake bitches out there who got your feelings hurt by the ignorant words of a football coach; this will be the last time I respond because quite frankly it gets tiresome reading the ninth grade level grammar of some of you dimwits. 

Are you really that sensitive that those words really hurt your feelings? Some of you seem so triggered by these words, but yet , how many of you actually read what Gruden sent in those emails? I doubt many of you did , you’re probably wanting to be outraged for the sake of outrage itself and all the emotional stages of victim hood it will bring you, culminating in some form of vindication through virtue signaling; which most of you are very good at. 

There should be a safe space where you assholes can huddle together and take solace. Compare your groupthink notes and gauged earrings; all while spouting the virtues of being good little victim-whores. Quite frankly, your much too ignorant to converse with, so carry on with your fragile emotional state and continue being outraged little snowflakes. The world is going to gobble you up(metaphorically speaking morons).

Ironical.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

BINGO! Got a whole row filled out on my card when he wrote "outraged!"

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden