ALCS -- Red Sox vs Astros

Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I know it started last night, but tonight Valdez really demonstrated Earl Weaver's comment about momentum being tomorrow's starting pitcher.

Yep. And they throw their ace against our rookie who looks and feels like he’s hit the rookie wall. This series isn’t over by a long shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Mine goes to 11.

Maybe 12 if Helobious comes out of witness protection and starts posting in the baseball forum again.

Motherfucker is probably in a dark closet somewhere, sucking his thumb right about now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. And they throw their ace against our rookie who looks and feels like he’s hit the rookie wall. This series isn’t over by a long shot. 

Yeah, they've gotta be solid favorites Friday night.  I feel like we need an early crooked number to settle our kid in on the mound, but it'll be hard to get off of Eovaldi, unless he's feeling generous with the free passes.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, they've gotta be solid favorites Friday night.  I feel like we need an early crooked number to settle our kid in on the mound, but it'll be hard to get off of Eovaldi, unless he's feeling generous with the free passes.

I’m hopeful that pitching in last night’s game takes a little of his pitches. At the very least, I think it gives a chance to get into their pen a little earlier.

50 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Their ace is also coming off that disastrous 9th inning 3 days ago. Based on how the Scherzer and Urias have looked in their series, I wouldn't be surprised if Eovaldi is off.

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Might still go to a 7th game in this series -- the day off comes at a good time for BoSox...  

News Flash - of course it might go to a 7th game. And the day off comes at a great time for the Astros’ pitching staff too.

They’ve been a bit overextended, to say the least.

The 24 pitches for Eovaldi shouldn't hold down his pitch count tomorrow since he would've thrown a bullpen session between starts anyway.

But, he did blow up the other night and this will be the third time we've seen his stuff in a week.  I expect him to bounce back, but you never know.

Edited by TexArcher

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I find it funny that people think that a normal bullpen is in anyway the same thing as 20+ stressful pitches in the 9th inning of the ALCS.

Of course it's not the same, but to think that Eovaldi will be limited to 25 fewer pitches tomorrow because of the ones he threw a couple of nights ago isn't right, either.  If he's dealing, he can throw 100.  We'll have to knock him out of the game.

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I had a feeling this was going to come back and bite them in the ass. Just like the White Sox turd who brought up the cheating scandal. Cora knew it too.  Don't give the Astros any reason to want to push your shit in, because they can and they will.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also Cora is pretty close with Correa iirc so there's that as well. I don't think that moment is that big of a deal as far as motivating the Astros. Cora knows what drives Correa and how good of a player he is when he's on his game and he's usually on his game in the postseason.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:19 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Imagine the mental gymnastics it takes to try to suggest this was an Astros only problem.  Especially when the Red Sox were busted for doing the same, twice, and with an electronic device included. 

Red Sox reportedly used Apple Watch to steal Yankees' signs - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Especially when the Yankee manager :

Or why a NY judge is censoring the "Sign Stealing Letter"; why hide Manfred's findings?

Yankees News: Judge Won't Unseal Sign-Stealing Letter Until After Appeal Is Over | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights here

Your ability to ignore reality and stick to the narrative is tip top.

Anticipates reply......"DEBUNKED!!"

I've looked through these articles, and I don't quite understand why the confidentiality of the letter is so frowned upon. I'm not defending anyone, but everyone has a right to confidentiality. Well, if there is permission from the court to break confidentiality - then there is no question.

7 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I mean once the docs give the all clear what is he going to do? He will be watching the game either way. 

On the other hand, if he goes to the game he'll be paying for it for the rest of his marriage.  She might not seem mad now, but three years from now and in every fight thereafter it's going to be a topic of discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

On the other hand, if he goes to the game he'll be paying for it for the rest of his marriage.  She might not seem mad now, but three years from now and in every fight thereafter it's going to be a topic of discussion. 

This is true. But if not this it will be something else. At least choose something that is worth it, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

This is true. But if not this it will be something else. At least choose something that is worth it, right?

Hmm ... hadn't thought about that.  If you're gonna have to choose a hill to die on, you might as well die on a hill in which Altuve hits a game-winning homer. 

20 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He is the dumbass that blew his load in her knowing 9 months later a kid could be coming.

Shoulda came on her face and waited til March to knock her up....dumbass.

Sage advice for a lot of our players who kept going on paternity during the season.  Dumbasses! 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 3:20 AM, Victor Lazlo said:

News Flash - of course it might go to a 7th game. And the day off comes at a great time for the Astros’ pitching staff too.

They’ve been a bit overextended, to say the least.

The  Astros bullpen has actually had 2 days off thanks to Wednesday’s framberizing 

Edited by TonyTexas