Act person you thought would make it big but didn’t

closetohumping

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

I may be in the minority but I think Aniston got hotter as she got older.  She was hotter in the last season of Friends than the first.

Reese Witherspoon is also still a knockout to this day.

I think human faces can naturally thin out as we age.  Or she got work done.  

This is all subjective of course.  But how about Chris Pine.  Is he A list?  Should he be getting better roles?

Edited by closetohumping

I always expected Matthew Davis to be bigger than he was. Thought he did a good job in Tigerland (really that whole cast was excellent), and then he popped up in Legally Blonde and Blue Crush right after that. Guess those proved he didn't warrant top billing, but I expected more out of his career than what we've seen. He's also in one of my guilty pleasure movies - Lone Star State of Mind. 

Edited by IDIOTsavant
typo

There’s no real male equivalent to the term ingenue.  Hollywood has been using up and tossing aside young actresses pretty much since the silent picture days.  

The fact my avatar remained relevant into her 40s was a damn miracle. 

Goddamn, It’s the underlying theme of Sunset Boulevard.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The point of She’s All That was to show that the Clark Kent / Superman dynamic also works for women.  Heidi Klum almost killed her modeling career when she was photographed with glasses and a ponytail.  Her publicists had to make up a story about that actually being a picture of her secret homely sister watching the baby while Heidi was away not wearing glasses somewhere.

I don't know if any of that is true but it's making me laugh. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

This is all subjective of course.  But how about Chris Pine.  Is he A list?  Should he be getting better roles?

He landed Star Trek instead of Star Wars and DC instead of Marvel, so he's as best A-minus.

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I used to know a girl who dated Chris Klein (Oz from American Pie) in like 1998. She thought he was going to be the next big thing in Hollywood. Looking at his IMDB he's done a bunch of stuff since but nothing I've seen. 

Last quality thing I remember him being in was We Were Soldiers.

Oh, and that real shitty American Reunion. 

32 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I used to know a girl who dated Chris Klein (Oz from American Pie) in like 1998. She thought he was going to be the next big thing in Hollywood. Looking at his IMDB he's done a bunch of stuff since but nothing I've seen. 

I think Klein went to tcu.  None of those guys amounted to much but Klein had a decent ish run and there were rumors he was Katie Holmes side guy while he was married to cruise

21 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think Klein went to tcu.  None of those guys amounted to much but Klein had a decent ish run and there were rumors he was Katie Holmes side guy while he was married to cruise

He did got to TCU. One of my math professors liked to regal us with the tale of how he cut Klein no slack for having to miss class for shoots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Apep said:

He did got to TCU. One of my math professors liked to regal us with the tale of how he cut Klein no slack for having to miss class for shoots. 

My buddy went to TCU and was rushing Klein’s fraternity in ‘99 or so. He brought a date to one of their party’s one night and Klein ended up taking her home and banging her. Buddy did not join their fraternity. 

Also…Brendan Fraser was pretty great in “Condor” a little known but good series based on Three Days of the Condor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

My buddy went to TCU and was rushing Klein’s fraternity in ‘99 or so. He brought a date to one of their party’s one night and Klein ended up taking her home and banging her. Buddy did not join their fraternity. 

Also…Brendan Fraser was pretty great in “Condor” a little known but good series based on Three Days of the Condor. 

Klein was a drunk and had quite a bit of trouble getting sober.  I've read a couple of things on it.  I think he's sober now and has been for a while.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but one of Fraser's more mature works was The Quiet American with Maurice Applewhite.  Great fucking flick based on a Graham Greene novel set in Viet Nam between the French and American wars.  Joe Bob says twist and shout, check it out.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Klein was a drunk and had quite a bit of trouble getting sober.  I've read a couple of things on it.  I think he's sober now and has been for a while.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but one of Fraser's more mature works was The Quiet American with Maurice Applewhite.  Great fucking flick based on a Graham Greene novel set in Viet Nam between the French and American wars.  Joe Bob says twist and shout, check it out.

Kinda left out his costar in that summation of The Quiet American. 

21 hours ago, Elvis said:

He absolutely nailed the West Texas accent and manerisms.  Just spot on.  He sounds just like me and my Abilene friends when we are getting thick into the accent.

YS7GFKS6PEI6NHLKXDK6TWGKPQ.jpg

“I asked for a Dr. Pepper. Only assholes drink Mr. Pibb.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 4:32 PM, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

tim riggins was not a good act person.  glad that coach taylor, tami, vince, and landry are the ones that made best out of that show.

Riggins was the only one who pronounced "Texas" the way actual Texans pronounce it (hanging on the e just a little bit), so I give him props for that.

Gael Garcia Bernal.  I just started watching narcos and saw Diego lunas name in the credits which made me look up his y tu mama tambien buddy. Diego Luna got a lead in a Star Wars movie and is doing well.  I think Bernal was better than him but he grew up to be a little weird looking so I guess that had been his undoing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tom Cavanagh always in Ed seemed to have some decent range.  I kind of imagined him in some Atticus Finch type roles, but mainly just did a lot of comic book stuff.   

MV5BMTMzNDI4MTI1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY3

He doesn't look too far out of the Goldblum/Hanks mold appearance wise, so I guess it's delivery and range more than anything.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, Nicole44 said:

Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush)—for some reason I’d have thought she would have been in a lot more stuff the past 18 years or so. She also got way too skinny. 

Ana Alicia (Halloween 2/ Falcon Crest) my dad had huge crush on her in the 1980s and never understood why she wasn’t in more stuff…he was a sucker for petite ladies from Mexico. 

8FFDBFAE-4512-41B8-9598-1AA72825A208.jpeg

She was a favorite of mine too.  Her attitude in Falcon Crest was great.  And women like her and JLH just come across better in motion than in stills.    But I never saw her being much more than a nighttime soap star.   

A lot of nice eye candy actresses got taken off the screen by marriage.   Phoebe  Cates (mentioned earlier), Donna Dixon, Kelly Preston.  I wonder how much of that could have been them just wanting to get away from the guys like Weinstein.   

• Hook 'Em 2