Roadhouse remake. Yep, guess we gotta do this.

Parliament

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

he plays an ex ufc fighter brought in to fix up the bar.  conor mcgregor is in the credits.

the only other names i noticed were lukas gage and billy magnussen, who would make a good rich dude bad guy.

doug liman knows what he's doing, so maybe it'll be decent.  i'll wait until someone here tells me about it.

comes out in march.

Bar Owner is Jessica Williams from Shrinking. 

2 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I was going to post the trailer for the original version and make some comment like 'It wasn't as cool as we all remember', but damn, I think it was. 

Oh yes it was/is. If I told a male  (who didn't know of him) of an actor who was trained in dance, drama, ice-skated, and was also an all around athlete and who played not only a drag queen, but a pedophile during his career--they would call him a 'beta' in the targeted language some people use, but they would be wrong cause Patrick Swayze was so Alpha he'd just look at that male and laugh. He didn't win a ton of awards but he made some memorable movies. It was mentioned earlier that Roadhouse wasn't 'great,' and that is accurate but it's watchable in a coherent tidy way.

Oh yes it was/is. If I told a male  (who didn't know of him) of an actor who was trained in dance, drama, ice-skated, and was also an all around athlete and who played not only a drag queen, but a pedophile during his career--they would call him a 'beta' in the targeted language some people use, but they would be wrong cause Patrick Swayze was so Alpha he'd just look at that male and laugh. He didn't win a ton of awards but he made some memorable movies. It was mentioned earlier that Roadhouse wasn't 'great,' and that is accurate but it's watchable in a coherent tidy way.

How did you leave out, singer, throat ripper, skydiving surf gang leader? Jesus.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 1/25/2024 at 9:40 AM, MissingInAction said:

Geez, McGregor is cartoonish at best.

Perhaps an attempt to give it some of the cheese factor that made the original so amazing.

Oh well I'm in for the ass kicking.

That's the problem, you can't try to manufacture the cheese factor. It's either there or it isn't 

• Hook 'Em 3

The original was a box office hit making $60 million on a $15 million budget. The remake is being released on Prime in March. Expectations should be set accordingly.

One should also recall the original was nominated for five Golden Raspberry awards, including Worst Picture, Worst Actor, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Director, and Worst Screenplay.  It's a great bad movie. I have full faith Jake Jellyhall can make a bad movie, now we can see if he can make a great bad movie.

There is so much more box office potential if they rebooted some of these 80's action classics as irreverent comedies. Like @Dennis Taylor  said above - recapturing the cheese magic of the originals is an impossible task.

21 Jump Street, Starsky & Hutch are good examples. Have some fun at the source material's expense.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just watched the original. 
babes were hot back in the 80s  

I turn 40 this year and I don’t remember many 80s babes.  

back to the future mom. Ridgemont red bikini cutie. Princess Leia was hot in slave outfit.

Edited by kingkoopa6

5 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Just watched the original. 
babes were hot back in the 80s  

I turn 40 this year and I don’t remember many 80s babes.  

back to the future mom. Ridgemont red bikini cutie. Princess Leia was hot in slave outfit.

Here are some….

IMG_4833.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2024 at 9:40 AM, MissingInAction said:

Geez, McGregor is cartoonish at best.

7 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Just finished it. Not terrible. Jake was pretty good, but MacGregor ruined every scene he bizarrely strutted his way into. Just an awful, terrible, unfunny cartoonish character. Plus the zero acting skills.

B-

Both these are accurate. McGregor is not good. Otherwise I thought it was a decent remake of a B movie. Lots of Easter eggs. Plus, I kinda want to hang out there (until hurricane season).

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Both these are accurate. McGregor is not good. Otherwise I thought it was a decent remake of a B movie. Lots of Easter eggs. Plus, I kinda want to hang out there (until hurricane season).

Yeah, the bar/restaurant itself was pretty cool. Definitely not a "roadhouse" like the ugly POS from the original.

• Hook 'Em 1