Worst. Ever. Not Even Close

Wally Pryor

This is a pretty bad loss. For all the love KU's coach is getting today, he had some really bonehead decisions. I'm not even talking about the 4th down decisions.

On UT last TD in regulation to tie the game at 49, the KU DBs were playing press man.

Game situation: KU 49, UT 42. 3rd and 1 at the KU 25, 26 sec left.

Why press man with their terrible corners?

7 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Beating Texas used to be a big deal because we were traditionally one of the best teams in the country in at least two major sports.

Now it's just a big deal because we're rich and big. But now we're like the kid who shows up in $500 shoes, wristbands, headband, and $800 prescription goggles but who can't play worth a shit. So they laugh because they beat the rich kid. They don't laugh because he beat a good rich kid.

Beating Texas it simply crapping on the name brand, not beating a power team, or even a good team.

New York Mets of college football. Money and name recognition, completely mismanaged, so easy to beat and laugh at afterwards.

• Rage+1 1

College Football Final spent a fairly large segment ripping Texas. Historically the worst loss and all that. Sure we aren’t close to what we were over a decade ago. Still I credit Kansas for coming here with a redshirt QB and coming out with fire. They have a coach. Credit to their coach for understanding in OT win or lose to go for 2. We have so many injuries at this point I can’t see us winning another game. Kansas almost gave that game away. Baylor has their coach until he gets poached. Texas Tech likely hired a good one. ISU is likely set and once they play that Dutch QB kid they will have more wins. They have hit the ceiling with Purdy. KStstar has a solid coach. OU has their coach. I am sure TCU will take their coaching search seriously. What do we got? A couple of players and what else? We are cloaked in failure. No CR.

• Rage+1 1

I started drinking and smoking too early yesterday.  I remember seeing parts of the 1st half,  vaguely remember we were down a few touchdowns and the announcers talking about Thompson’s thumb and how he couldn’t throw.  Then i started laughing hysterically cause I figured I was just way too fucked up  since it made to sense.  Why would a coach have a QB who couldn’t throw out there?  It seemed just too ridiculous and obviously a hallucination.  Then I passed out and woke up this morning thinking what a fucked up dream that i had where Texas was manhandled by KANSAS at home.  Brewed some strong coffee to loosen the cobwebs and was just relieved it was all a dream.  Then i open up Surly….HOLY SHIT..this is for realz?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I started drinking and smoking too early yesterday.  I remember seeing parts of the 1st half,  vaguely remember we were down a few touchdowns and the announcers talking about Thompson’s thumb and how he couldn’t throw.  Then i started laughing hysterically cause I figured I was just way too fucked up  since it made to sense.  Why would a coach have a QB who couldn’t throw out there?  It seemed just too ridiculous and obviously a hallucination.  Then I passed out and woke up this morning thinking what a fucked up dream that i had where Texas was manhandled by KANSAS at home.  Brewed some strong coffee to loosen the cobwebs and was just relieved it was all a dream.  Then i open up Surly….HOLY SHIT..this is for realz?

Same. SMH. 

Sigh…

• Rage+1 2

no one will convince me anything's worse than the Miami Cotton Bowl, everyone thought we were good, had turned the corner, hell we were ranked #3 and they could have beaten us 100-3 if they wanted to.  They had like 15 penalties for 300 yards for being too mean to us, the NCAA came up with new rules for celebrating because the whole world felt so sorry for us. That was the most humiliating sporting event I've ever seen.

I knew we were going to be bad this year, not lose to fucking Kansas bad, but bad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, B00M said:

If I'm Sark I resign out of respect to the University. How you gonna look a recruit in the eyes after last night?

123_1(1)~2.jpeg

My thinking is that the large group of recruits that were there last night will come to Texas.  I'm pretty sure they've never had a better time laughing their asses off, and you just can't get that kind of entertainment anywhere.

• Haha 1

I can't decide if the early 2000s Black Saturdays or last night was worse or more embarrassing. At least with the Black Saturdays we still had good teams that somehow managed to turtle up for one game in the 2nd weekend in October. THIS game last night though? Those Chris Simms, Ced, Roy teams would name their score against this sad sack that have in there now, just gutless. 

Edited by FOXHOUND
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

We might as well go ahead and prepare the research for "when's the last time Texas lost 6 in a row?" and "when's the last time Texas lost 7 in a row?"

Well, I won't be around to watch those debacles. I'll find something, anything else to do for the next two Saturdays.

8 hours ago, TexasMan said:

This is the level of competition we lost to:

This is our program for the last decade and some change.  We either make some third string QB who never took a college snap in his career look like a Heismen candidate.   Or some obscure player on the other team’s roster from a one stop light town with the equivalent of a Class 1A High School here in Texas and give him the spotlight after winning the game for them. 

We’re Texas….   What starts here changes the world alright.  

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

no one will convince me anything's worse than the Miami Cotton Bowl, everyone thought we were good, had turned the corner, hell we were ranked #3 and they could have beaten us 100-3 if they wanted to.  They had like 15 penalties for 300 yards for being too mean to us, the NCAA came up with new rules for celebrating because the whole world felt so sorry for us. That was the most humiliating sporting event I've ever seen.

I knew we were going to be bad this year, not lose to fucking Kansas bad, but bad.

Yup. I was there and that was potentially the worst loss ever. It was so embarrassing. 

I’ve also realized that this is the lowest point in Texas football overall during my entire life, which is over a half a century long  

Edited by Dbeasy

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

New York Mets of college football. Money and name recognition, completely mismanaged, so easy to beat and laugh at afterwards.

Tbf how many named programs actually live up to the hype? I can name Bama, OU and tOSU. The other UT (Rocky Top), Michigan, USC, etc. all disappoint through eras. 

49 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

This is waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than that Cotton Bowl loss. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

The Miami game was bad but no one gives a shit about Miami. Getting raped by the team you despise more than anything on the face of the earth is why the 4 Black Saturdays were the worst days in the history of Texas football.

Until last night.

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

The Miami game was bad but no one gives a shit about Miami. Getting raped by the team you despise more than anything on the face of the earth is why the 4 Black Saturdays were the worst days in the history of Texas football.

Until last night.

the NCAA changed rules because of that game, Miami did everything but actually rape us on the field and we had McWilliams coming back.  holy shit if social media was around back then

I have to laugh watching these interviews with dudes after they beat us, all misty eyed and voice cracking with joy and gratitude to the Football Gods.
I wanna just grab them, shake ‘em for a second and say simply, “Dude, it’s just not that big of a deal”.
Save that shit for when you beat UTSA.

Players at Kansas and similar schools are the ones that a school like UT doesn’t even look at for recruiting, so when they beat us with our blue chip players, it is personal for them, regardless of how shitty we are at the time

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

lol, no way

There is a way.

There is nothing worse than losing to a vaginal program like Kansas, at home no less. They define doormat in the sport. They have players catching the winning TD pass last night more qualified to serve as a line cook in our athletics dorm. They sniff road wins in the conference basically never. As in double digit years. They send out radio alerts to try and get people to come in off the road to home games when they're within a few touchdowns of the opponent. There is so much more.

Kansas is the epitome of a shit football program, the shittiest. You get beat by that clusterfuck and it trumps any loss you've experienced. 

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Neither do I, but it is an indicator of what the expectations of the general public is.

we were ranked #3 vs Miami, higher ranked than them, it was the biggest kick to the nuts ever because we thought we were good. We all knew we sucked before last night, we just suck even worse than we thought.

10 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

why do you think?

we are diminished, of course, but we are still texas. ever though we suck, the other big xii teams take a lot of joy in our downfall.

you think the visigoths gave a fuck about the cultural corruption of the romans? no, they were sick of their shit, and when they could beat them, they would.

Part of our problem is comparing us to Romans.  We have never been Rome. And Kansas is an tribe enslaved by the Visigoths. 

Not to read TOO much into your very simple to understand analogy. 

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

There is a way.

There is nothing worse than losing to a vaginal program like Kansas, at home no less. They define doormat in the sport. They have players catching the winning TD pass last night more qualified to serve as a line cook in our athletics dorm. They sniff road wins in the conference basically never. As in double digit years. They send out radio alerts to try and get people to come in off the road to home games when they're within a few touchdowns of the opponent. There is so much more.

Kansas is the epitome of a shit football program, the shittiest. You get beat by that clusterfuck and it trumps any loss you've experienced. 

you thought we were a 2 loss team didn't you?

I might fucking snap on someone if they continue to buy into the “we don’t have the talent to beat motherfucking Kansas” narrative. The coaches lost the team. On defense it probably had something to do with continually putting players in bad positions giving them little chance to succeed. This is far more of a coaching issue. 

• Hook 'Em 6