Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Even better. They had Texas at 6.

Well, he said our helmet has been the same for two decades, so it’s clearly not classic. And with baby puke orange (as those mouth breathers like to call it) on a white background, it’s the opposite of clean.

His logic is sound for those on the inside looking out. And licking the windows. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

When I was a youth and going with the family from Dallas to visit family in SETX, we’d always stop in Fairfield for dinner. I think the BBQ stop was called Sam’s. Anyways, they always had like a “store” around the checkout area that sold aggy joke books. I always got the newest addition and I’d read it to my parents and the laughter ensued. Even the “cartoon” drawings were funny. Man I wish that I still had a couple of those. Talking late ‘70s.

Hook’em!!!

We used to drive from Mexia to Fairfield to eat at Sam’s so…..culture?
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Seriously here’s another one.

In this one they rank quarterbacks. 

you can’t make this shit up.

I'm pretty sure I heard yesterday that Vegas has Ewers and Beck tied at the top of the Heisman list.  But sure, let's consider this other list.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I can understand bias.  Hell, I can understand bad takes or sunshine pumping.  But I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as ridiculous as aggy ranking their helmet 1st under any consideration.

Ranking Ewers as a 3rd tier QB is even worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 8:12 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

LOL.  Did anyone take the time to read it?  It's funny.  It kind of reminded me of a conversation I had with my dad about the Cowboys circa 1987.  The Cowboys were terrible but they just drafted Everett Gay, a WR from Texas.  (I think that was his name.)  So, anyway, in my 10 year-old naivety, I tried to convince him that IF,

Everett ended up being good AND Herschel Walker was as advertised AND we could find another DE AND MIke Sherrard recovers from an injury AND Danny Noonan ended up being a stopper in the interior of the DL AND the OL improved just a bit AND etc, etc., we just might make the playoffs.

CSB alert: Went with a group of half UT/half Baylor friends to the Baylor game at Casey Floyd in 1988 and Everett Gay was catching passes in warm ups with one hand.  Around halftime a blue norther came through and the temperature dropped about 40 degrees.  Watched the rest of the game from a hotel bar. Might have been the only time I ever left a game early under any condition (including the '96 Missouri football game/wet t-shirt contest at DKR) but I didn't want to hitchhike home.

Also, TexAgs is rife with the "if" and "if" combo for success.  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Heard Elko speak for the first time today

Strong vibes of this guy

download (13).jpeg

As a Texans fan, he gives me strong Bill O'Brien and Kevin Malone vibes. Hopefully they make him their duel AD/HC and the program goes even further down than where it is now. That's hard to do but aggy can do it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Might have been the only time I ever left a game early under any condition (including the '96 Missouri football game/wet t-shirt contest at DKR) but I didn't want to hitchhike home.

That was me leaving Rout 66.  My then-wife looked at me at halftime and said "give me the damn keys".  I was either gonna walk 4 miles home in that heat or take the ride and watch the rest of that shitshow on TV.

On 5/11/2024 at 9:51 AM, msucolt45 said:

When I was a youth and going with the family from Dallas to visit family in SETX, we’d always stop in Fairfield for dinner. I think the BBQ stop was called Sam’s. Anyways, they always had like a “store” around the checkout area that sold aggy joke books. I always got the newest addition and I’d read it to my parents and the laughter ensued. Even the “cartoon” drawings were funny. Man I wish that I still had a couple of those. Talking late ‘70s.

Hook’em!!!

Shit - forgot about these.  My uncle was a true dumbass ag, so he gifted us a few of these in the 80s.  Wonder if I can dig them up in my parents' basement somewhere?

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Aggy kid I used to work with put up “a year in review” bullshit on instagram. The cringe 

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

Did he get a commission and serve? If so, I’ll give him a pass. If not, he’s a furry. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Did he get a commission and serve? If so, I’ll give him a pass. If not, he’s a furry. 

This.  If you actually go beyond the college BS and serve, then fine.  If this is all window dressing and pseudo-fraternity gomer shit, fuck right off.  Nobody gives a shit that you "got your boots" or whatever shit they do.  

Case in point - so my kid is going to AR and ROTC.  atm was initially high on his list (bunch of friends were going there).  We visited and the fucking corps are what turned him away.  This is a kid WANTING to go into the ROTC.  He wants to serve.....not act/look like someone that serves....which is how he described them

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Aggy kid I used to work with put up “a year in review” bullshit on instagram. The cringe 

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

Wow.  That is just shockingly cringe worthy.  All of those photos. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

See ags, this is the problem.  On paper, the Challenger-17 is a good thing.  It's a yearly tribute to the fallen astronauts that perished on the Challenger.  But then you gay it up with all your turd bullshit, and these pics come out the other side.  Why the hell are you posing self aggrandizing pics for some rub & tug corps bullshit you and your group participated in?

NASA tribute

• Hook 'Em 1

All time self ownage by Billy boy here 

Yes, but Billy Boy hasn’t realized that us playing them, on the road, brings down our SOS. And aggy ain’t in the “Top Half” that he mentions.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1