• Replies 72.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I don't get it. I thought the SEC was murderer's row top to bottom, according to aggy, and that we couldn't possibly handle the week-to-week grind. But now we're lucky to have such an easy SEC slate, and so it's terribly unfair to all other teams that we've been gifted this patsy schedule. Pretzel logic indeed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I don't get it. I thought the SEC was murderer's row top to bottom, according to aggy, and that we couldn't possibly handle the week-to-week grind. But now we're lucky to have such an easy SEC slate, and so it's terribly unfair to all other teams that we've been gifted this patsy schedule. Pretzel logic indeed. 

The SEC grind is real for aggy.  Also, the SEC is easy for Georgia and Alabama.  There is a reason for both of those scenarios, and billy is placing Texas is the elite group.  

There's an Aggie on Facebook who is pushing back at criticism of that laughable article because UT recently went on a 13-year streak without double digit wins.

The problem is, that didn't happen.  Arithmetic, how does it work?

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There's an Aggie on Facebook who is pushing back at criticism of that laughable article because UT recently went on a 13-year streak without double digit wins.

The problem is, that didn't happen.  Arithmetic, how does it work?

Expecting facts and logic from aggy is a losing game.

• Hook 'Em 1

In Week 1 of NCAA football this year, Notre Dame vs TAMU will cap off a triple header in prime time on ABC on Aug. 31. College Game Day is returning to "The Station" for the first time since 2018.

The ags are happy about it now but after the domers whip their ass, they'll realize the BOMC has done it again and set them up for embarrassment and failure.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40144557/notre-dame-vs-texas-caps-college-football-opener-abc

(CSU vs Texas has to settle for broadcast on Espn.)

The Elk is well aware of how to keep his job long past the expiration date.

Formula goes as such: beat the cupcakes, a couple of SEC cellar dwellers and tu most years and he can coach into infinity. Sure some aggy fans may whine about lack of playoffs and chance at championships, but as long as tee yew is kept in their place they won't stop financial support.

On 5/13/2024 at 9:20 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Aggy kid I used to work with put up “a year in review” bullshit on instagram. The cringe 

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

I think it's good that he's not tied down and getting serious with one person. In college he should date several people and see what he likes best before getting exclusive 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ousux said:

The Elk is well aware of how to keep his job long past the expiration date.

Formula goes as such: beat the cupcakes, a couple of SEC cellar dwellers and tu most years and he can coach into infinity. Sure some aggy fans may whine about lack of playoffs and chance at championships, but as long as tee yew is kept in their place they won't stop financial support.

If the Elk pulls off a miracle and beats them durned ole sips, they’ll sign him to a lifetime contract. Jizz jars will overflow. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 9:20 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Aggy kid I used to work with put up “a year in review” bullshit on instagram. The cringe 

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

They call themselves the Challenger 17 squadron. Was the Bonfire 99 name already taken? Were Chernobyl and Hindenberg also under consideration? Why do none of those cocksuckers have the correct belt?

Edited by Thetexashammer

Our boy Graham is at it again.  This time it's all about how much respect A&M should be getting, compared to the Whorns.  I figured some of you stat guys would like to tear this apart.  

Is Texas A&M football the most disrespected program in the SEC?

Texas A&M football, while idiosyncratic, is certainly a team that has had their share of accomplishments in the SEC. Why, then, the disrespect?

By Graham Harmon | May 13, 2024, 10:47 AM EDT

Is Texas A&M football the most underappreciated team relative to accomplishments in the SEC?

On a recent episode of That SEC Podcast, a production not unfamiliar with taking snipes at Texas A&M football from time to time, the topic of disrespected programs came up. The hosts, SEC Mike and Cousin Shane, had different answers—one said the Aggies, and one said the Florida Gators.

It was a bit unclear how they were using the term in the final analysis; they sort of vacillated between "underrated/underappreciated" and "derided/risible." There's no question that the Aggies have faced their fair share of derision in the latter years of Jimbo Fisher's tenure, as the national championship-winning coach was panned by media and fans alike.

However, this raised the question of the former in my mind, as well: has Texas A&M football gotten enough flowers for what they've accomplished so far in the SEC? Have they been given enough credit for what they've done in the nation's toughest conference?

Let's take a look at the resume since the Aggies came onto the scene in the SEC 12 years ago (stats found here). They have:

• Two major bowl wins (2012 Cotton and 2021 Orange)
  • One Heisman Trophy
  • Reached bowl eligibility 11 times in 12 seasons
  • Averaged fewer than 4 losses per season
  • Reached a top-10 ranking in 8 of 12 seasons
  • Defeated 9 teams ranked in the AP top 10

That, by pretty much any measure, is remarkable success over this time period. In fact, the Aggies have the fourth-most wins of any team in the nation's best conference over those 12 years (97), trailing only LSU (110), UGA (134), and Alabama (151). Yet, I think most would chafe at the idea that Texas A&M has been the fourth-best team in the conference over that period, even though it is right there in the numbers.

For comparison, here is how a team entering the SEC next year profiles in these same categories.

• Only one major bowl win (2019 Sugar)
  • Zero Heisman Trophies
  • Reached bowl eligibility only 9 times in 12 seasons
  • Averaged more than 5 losses per season
  • Reached a top-10 ranking in only 4 of 12 seasons
  • Defeated only 6 teams ranked in the AP top 10

Yet, for all the self-generated fanfare, you certainly would not know that this is a program with a far leaner record of success in previous years. Part of that has to do with how teams are covered, of course, but I think it's interesting how much of a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" business college football can be. Until what you've done lately is not a result fans of a certain team like, and then they simply appeal to whatever splits they find amenable, that is.

Long story short, this upcoming season could change a lot of narratives. Luckily, I think Mike Elko has things headed in just the right direction.

Is Texas A&M football the most disrespected program in the SEC? (gigemgazette.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Our boy Graham is at it again.  This time it's all about how much respect A&M should be getting, compared to the Whorns.  I figured some of you stat guys would like to tear this apart.  

Texas A&M football, while idiosyncratic, is certainly a team that has had their share of accomplishments in the SEC. Why, then, the disrespect?

Is Texas A&M football the most disrespected program in the SEC? (gigemgazette.com)

Lol at comparing our second worst decade of football with aggys second best decade of football ever

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

IMG_2064.thumb.webp.b930324a420877b4bdcf91a8fd8f1b43.webp

I'm pretty tired.   I don't want to tell you about Texas A&M anymore.  I'm gonna go home.

This is Randolph Duke about 2 years ago.

...I realize there were some health issues, and I hope Randolph is doing great now.

The biggest difference is that most longhorns will acknowledge that the period before Sark was one of the worst periods in Longhorn football history while aggy has been constantly crying about how great they’ve been in the SEC but just don’t get any recognition.  When they start throwing stats around most of us just laugh because there just isn’t all that much difference between our dark ages and the aggy renaissance.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Major bullshit. The 2013 Cotton Bowl was not a major bowl. The NYE6 CFP agreement had not started and the Cotton Bowl wasn’t part of the BCS. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

i didn’t read the article, but exactly what in the fuck does this dipshit not understand? Texas went 12-2, won its conference, made the cfp, had 11 players drafted, returns a bunch more good players. Ags went 7-5 with exactly no impressive wins and paid $75m to fire their coach.

He doesn’t understand why the ags aren’t getting discussed much and Texas is? Because of what happened in 2012? wtf 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1