- Bowl Record: 3-0
- NY6 Bowl Record: 1-0
- Top 25 finishes: 2
- Top 10 finishes: 1

Herman = shitcanned
Dumbo = raise

Oof.

Jimbo: 6-0 vs non P5

4 and 7 point Ws over 2-10 Arky (18, 19)

5 point W over 0-9 Vandy (20)

Absolute joke of a W vs LSU in 7 OT 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

CDC's hand was forced by whom?

The scenario was/is the same. UT outbid themselves for a guy who couldn't and wasn't going anywhere.

College coaches trying to recruit with only three years left on a contract are often at a disadvantage. Remember Mack also got an extension late in his time at Texas. 

The extension will usually generate headlines (as it has with Jimbo). If the “not for cause” termination clause is modified, the contract can be extended but the cost over the original term is the same. 

When looking at college coaching contracts, look at how the provisions other than the original term and salary structure have been modified. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Giving Jimbo a raise for nothing would be even funnier if CDC didn't do the same damn thing with Turtle after 2019. Just sayin'.

Tom was extended back to 5 years which should be expected after a big win. Aggy on the other hand pushed Jimbo back to 10 years which is insane for any coach not named Saban or Dabo.

11 hours ago, chase25 said:

Saw this on Secrant lol

Tom Herman at Texas (4 Years):
- Record: 32-18
- Bowl Record: 4-0
- Top 25 finishes: 3

Jimbob Fisher at Texas Jr (3 Years)
- Record: 26-10

Herman = shitcanned
Dumbo = raise

Oof.

You just don't understand. That Texum Bulldog schedule is Ruff Tuff Real Stuff!

Strength of schedule

2018- Texas 7 aggy 6.  We played Maryland (P5), Tulsa (G5) and USC (P5) in non-conference. They played Northwestern State (FCS), Louisiana-Monroe (G5), and UAB (G5).

2019- Texas 7 aggy 21. We played Louisiana Tech (G5), LSU (P5), and Rice (G5). They played Lamar (FCS), powerhouse Texas State (G5), and UTSA (G5).

2020- Texas 37 aggy 35. We played UTEP (G5). We had scheduled South Florida (G5) and LSU (P5), but both cancelled. The SEC cancelled all non-conference games.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Giving Jimbo a raise for nothing would be even funnier if CDC didn't do the same damn thing with Turtle after 2019. Just sayin'.

It was after 2018.

And I disagree strongly that UT has to be perfect in every way for us not to laugh at other's mistakes. I mean we certainly do not let UT off the hook.

• Hook 'Em 1

Good for jimbo. And in reality another 1.5 isn’t that much if you look at the big picture.

The sports media loves them some awe shucks jimbo like they loved awe shucks Mack (and still do in North Carolina).

Jimbo knows what he is doing. His record is averaging 9-3. So he is getting a million per win. I want that gig.

23 hours ago, chase25 said:

Saw this on Secrant lol

Tom Herman at Texas (4 Years):
- Record: 32-18
- Bowl Record: 4-0
- Top 25 finishes: 3

Jimbob Fisher at Texas Jr (3 Years)
- Record: 26-10

Herman = shitcanned
Dumbo = raise

Oof.

Herman also beat OU and played for a conference title. 

Which one of you guys called in to Mark Packer's XM show last hour and kept calling them the "Texas faggy's"?  

I listen to that program daily. I actually use the app to rewind to the start of the show.

I think that guys name is Texas bill or whatnot. He sounds hammered every time.

Pack is a believer of fisher because of ties to the ACC which he works for. So, he has a soft spot for aggy. He got called out a few weeks ago about aggy and their opponents 30-50 all sec record and laughed it off as “you play the schedule you are given”.

It’s a good show though. He’s a Clemson grad and good buddies when dabo so you have to deal with an interview with him weekly. But with the app just fast forward.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

I listen to that program daily. I actually use the app to rewind to the start of the show.

I think that guys name is Texas bill or whatnot. He sounds hammered every time.

Pack is a believer of fisher because of ties to the ACC which he works for. So, he has a soft spot for aggy. He got called out a few weeks ago about aggy and their opponents 30-50 all sec record and laughed it off as “you play the schedule you are given”.

It’s a good show though. He’s a Clemson grad and good buddies when dabo so you have to deal with an interview with him weekly. But with the app just fast forward.

Packer has the best show by far. Neuheisel and Childers is usually pretty good. Dvoracek and Kanell are a beating.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Packer has the best show by far. Neuheisel and Childers is usually pretty good. Dvoracek and Kanell are a beating.

You dont like OUSUX and Kanell?  They are pretty funny when they go off on a tangent.  McIlroy was an absolute beating.  I was certain at times that Danny wanted to drive to birmingham and beat his ass.  Pompous asshole.  Always reminded Danny that he got in to Princeton because he was smarter than Danny.  When Dvoracek gets excited he sounds JUST LIKE Chris Farley. 

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I hate call in shows. Nails on a chalk board. I switched over yesterday and like clockwork, some SEC yokel gets on there and this little song and dance happens: "Pack, you said that it was close between that Texas team and 2019 LSU for greatest team, but what about my Bama team from last year? That was a pretty stout..." "No, I think with COVID happening, we just had too much uncertainty and it's hard to quantify..." "Well, I dunno, Pack. My Tide had a pretty good football team last year and they went undefeated." "I'm not saying they're not a good or even great team, but (insert valid LSU and Texas facts)." *sad yokel noises*

And it's every. Damn. Day. "Well, I dunno, Pack. That 2001 Kentucky team had some great players on it. I think they could have made the SEC championship team if they played this year." "Gee, Pack, from where I'm a sittin', I think my '03 Gamecocks would have won the SEC East last year."

Dumb take after dumb take followed by sad yokel noises. It isn't even entertaining. It's painful.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying the tap dancing the ags are having to do around their 100-yr commemoration of the "12th man" game.

"As the legend goes...."

You are a fucking AAU member research university. Cut the "legend" shit and start telling the truth. No, he hadn't "earned letters." He quit the team before the UT game that season because he wasn't good enough to earn playing time.

They had a whopping three players suffer injuries during the game.

Dobie was spot on - "that pimply outbreak on small natures who cannot abide with equanimity their own smallness."

That pretty much encapsulates all that is aggy.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy 12th man as legend goes.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I hate call in shows. Nails on a chalk board. I switched over yesterday and like clockwork, some SEC yokel gets on there and this little song and dance happens: "Pack, you said that it was close between that Texas team and 2019 LSU for greatest team, but what about my Bama team from last year? That was a pretty stout..." "No, I think with COVID happening, we just had too much uncertainty and it's hard to quantify..." "Well, I dunno, Pack. My Tide had a pretty good football team last year and they went undefeated." "I'm not saying they're not a good or even great team, but (insert valid LSU and Texas facts)." *sad yokel noises*

And it's every. Damn. Day. "Well, I dunno, Pack. That 2001 Kentucky team had some great players on it. I think they could have made the SEC championship team if they played this year." "Gee, Pack, from where I'm a sittin', I think my '03 Gamecocks would have won the SEC East last year."

Dumb take after dumb take followed by sad yokel noises. It isn't even entertaining. It's painful.

Yep. He definitely was a painful to listen to pleading.

11 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I love these kinds of articles. Aggy overpays for coach, aggy has 1 good season under questionable circumstances, aggy doubles down again on overpaying coach. Aggy alum writers tell everyone how it was an amazing move. Rinse. Repeat.

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-agrees-to-six-year-contract-extension-for-kevin-sumlin/article_6e07adf8-59fa-11e3-8174-001a4bcf887a.html

998833749_ScreenShot2021-09-03at10_49_53AM.thumb.png.430c73b21ae6ffbaa14ae2fcd20116dc.png

1060954938_ScreenShot2021-09-03at10_51_45AM.png.8c24dc1beda6c6bdcc178519f380978b.png

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I love these kinds of articles. Aggy overpays for coach, aggy has 1 good season under questionable circumstances, aggy doubles down again on overpaying coach. Aggy alum writers tell everyone how it was an amazing move. Rinse. Repeat.

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-agrees-to-six-year-contract-extension-for-kevin-sumlin/article_6e07adf8-59fa-11e3-8174-001a4bcf887a.html

998833749_ScreenShot2021-09-03at10_49_53AM.thumb.png.430c73b21ae6ffbaa14ae2fcd20116dc.png

1060954938_ScreenShot2021-09-03at10_51_45AM.png.8c24dc1beda6c6bdcc178519f380978b.png

Texas A&M has had consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play since the 1990s. Players such as Myles Garrett never saw a winning record in conference play the entire time he was at A&M. Since 1998 aggy has exactly ZERO seasons with 10 or more wins over FBS teams. ZERO.

Only by the comically low standards that define "aggy excellence" is a record like that considered a "national powerhouse program."

Not one of them has the intellectual depth to recall when their team "failed to meet expectations."

The best part is those ignorant, dumbfuck white trash rednecks truly believe they exemplify "excellence." They truly believe this is their year. They truly believe this year is "next year."

This is going to be hilarious.

olin aggys ooze confidence.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1