• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Getting closer to the 100th anniversary of 1939. I have to find a way to stay alive for another 17 years. 

To potentially go 100 years without a national title in football, baseball and men’s basketball is remarkable at a school of aggys size, athletic budget and recruiting base in Texas. 

image.gif.1efff19d2d32da3e07f783f971bc3b21.gif

Post this like a billion times next year then update the year every year just to be an immature asshole. I can’t wait!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Billy Liucci looks like he knows "Iron Man" and "Wish You Were Here" on the guitar, and nothing else.

Like just the beginning, muted riff of wish you were here? Because the variation right after that ain't nothing to sneeze at. 

52 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yes. And Texas has won more titles in the past 15 years than aggy has in their entire 140 year history

I decided to look at it closer and they've only won 3 national championships since joining the SEC. All 3 in track and field. 

Only 3 national titles in 10 years since they joined the SEC is some aggy level results. Baylor has the same amount of national championships over the same timeframe. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I decided to look at it closer and they've only won 3 national championships since joining the SEC. All 3 in track and field. 

Only 3 national titles in 10 years since they joined the SEC is some aggy level results. Baylor has the same amount of national championships over the same timeframe. 

3 national championships in 10 years is actually a hell of a run for aggy. They haven't won shit ever.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Chris Simms at any the point during out QB drought would have been multiple levels beyond what we had in the past 10 years with the exception of Ehlinger . 

Im ok with Chris Simms 

Chris Simms left Texas as the winningest QB in school history. I am good with that. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

And Colt McCoy led us to the NC game and would have won it if not for a freak injury.

How the fuck is that some sort of disappointment?

And would have been a second one if not for a stupid tiebreaker (would have been in using current model). 2 appearances in four years? Yeah, hugely underwhelming. Aggy, name your last QB as good as colt. I’ll wait.

Edited by OrangEngr
I guess it’d be Johnny, but other than hardware, colt was way more accomplished
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Chris Simms at any the point during out QB drought would have been multiple levels beyond what we had in the past 10 years with the exception of Ehlinger . 

Im ok with Chris Simms 

Chris Simms was better than any Aggie QB in history outside of Johnny.

And they should be very careful how they speak of Colt.  He's arguably better than Johnny.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Colt won the most games at the time in college football history.

He also had the highest completion % ever in history.

Johnny, dick, Harry, dgaf. No one was in the same arena as him his senior year before an anomaly occurred in the title game.

A single QB being a play away from championships in back to back years would be the biggest moment in their history. For us it may crack the top 20

On 6/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, Tex-19 said:

End of an era today.

Until now, A&M was one of only two Power 5 schools (Northwestern the other) that hadn't finished top 4 in baseball, basketball, or football since WWII (using playoffs where they existed and BCS/AP where they didn't).

Tech was also on the list until their bball final 4 a few years ago.

They finished #2 in baseball in 1989 in some polls.  Even though they didn't make the CWS.

3 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Im ok with Chris Simms