• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Angelica Gammon, Class of 1982, was an editor for The Battalion in 1981 when she wrote an editorial over the dangers of the tradition.

“I thought it was absurd at a school of higher education we bashed a pumpkin in on the heads of the underclassmen with an ax handle,” Gammon said.

Her father-in-law was, Spec Gammon, the aggy SID from 1963-1982.  The aggy working for the Battalion who wrote this article got her name wrong.  It’s Angelique and not Angelica. How hard can it be????

37 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Her father-in-law was, Spec Gammon, the aggy SID from 1963-1982.  The aggy working for the Battalion who wrote this article got her name wrong.  It’s Angelique and not Angelica. How hard can it be????

You're asking how hard it could be for a college kid who chose to go into journalism at Texas A&M to do something right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

I’ve always thought that a well-done film documentary on Texas AM would be hugely successful. It would be hilarious, mystifying, stunning, terrifying. And it wouldn’t be difficult - it writes itself. I am 45 and grew up 70 miles from college station and I am still surprised, amused, astounded and horrified by the bizarre shit that they do and the pride they take in it.

Got just the filmmakers for such a grand project . . .

Documentary Now! An ode to the funniest spoof on television | US television  | The Guardian

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

56 games and only 3 losses to OOC teams, and one came this year to mighty powerhouse App St.  

And yet they couldn't understand why why we laughed at them when they really thought they were so much better than us and one year away from displacing Bama as the dominant force in college football.  

A 4 win cupcake buffer practically guarantees a 8-4 season minimal as long as your depth and talent is better for the poorer bottom feeders in the conference...  Untill the wheels come off... 

I bet that 8-4 average they've managed since joining the SEC would look alarmingly different if the SEC played 9 conference games instead of 8.  Take out that late season "second bye" the scout team plays while the starters recover from the grind, probably would've mean a couple of 6-6 season replacing one of those awesome 8-4s...  Face it, playing someone like West Texas A&M, isn't the same as playing another SEC team that is as big and physical as aggy... That second two week break for the starters and injury recovery makes a huge difference especially for teams that have solid depth across the board. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

I’ve always thought that a well-done film documentary on Texas AM would be hugely successful. It would be hilarious, mystifying, stunning, terrifying. And it wouldn’t be difficult - it writes itself. I am 45 and grew up 70 miles from college station and I am still surprised, amused, astounded and horrified by the bizarre shit that they do and the pride they take in it.

The thing about this is that aggy would think the movie is a serious documentary, but it would come across like a comedy to everyone else.    Like the “Disaster Artist.”  They could use the same title and center it around Jimbo.

D35EBD61-4FBB-4D46-AFF9-5D92B51AD6D9.jpeg.79164ee39f91502586d334451a9289e3.jpeg

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Getting trolled for holding on hard to we have an NC winning coach line? Someone responded so did Mack Brown but he is probably not winning another one ever again.

Mack Brown would be a monumental improvement over Jumbo at aggy

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, Crapinon said:

I know some guys from Rochester who played football against him when he was at Rule. They said he was an arrogant prick in HS.

I recall reading on the old site that when he was a HS coach Briles handed out steroids to his players like it was a stick of gum.

16 hours ago, jinx said:

so much in this.  They had the loser of the apple bobbing contest wrapped in a white sheet and put a pumpkin on his head.  How many of the others were already in white sheets, and in reality they just replaced the kid's hood with a pumpkin while they keep their hoods on?

22 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

There's a new thread on their premium board that has 150+ new post in 45 minutes. Must be some good shit. 

A new genetic modification to sheep?  Gallon-size jizz jars are now available?  A sale on Klan robes?

The possibilities are endless.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2