• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 2/6/2023 at 4:31 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Now, ya gotta remember that this was a 100-year decision....and since they have only been there for about 10 years, they are still in the "planning" stages and not really working that hard yet....they figure that they still have another 90 years to have to win anything significant over there.

Screen_Shot_2018_02_28_at_5.14.34_PM.png

technically they only have 77 more years or they will have to redo the trophy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

Screen_Shot_2018_02_28_at_5.14.34_PM.png

technically they only have 77 more years or they will have to redo the trophy

I don't think Jimbo has another 77 years of coaching left in him unless they preserve him like Lenin and wheel him out to the sideline on Saturdays.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Sammie State going full aggy: Feb 2023 TSUS Board Materials

SHSU: Contract with Jostens, Inc. for the University Official Ring Program Sam Houston State University is authorized to execute agreements and successive amendments with Jostens, Inc. for the university’s Official Ring Program for an anticipated revenue sum of One Million Five Hundred Thousand dollars ($1,500,000.00) or more in commissions, including all optional extensions, plus the addition of a “ring monument” funded by Jostens Inc. with a value of between Four Hundred Thousand dollars ($400,000.00) and Five Hundred Thousand dollars ($500,000.00) to be placed on the campus of Sam Houston State University and referred to as the Sam Houston Class Ring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Does anybody have the link to aggy's embarrassing "Welcome to the SEC" video from back in the day? It's been washed from YouTube. Here's the parody UT students did as a reminder.

https://streamable.com/zdou1v

the worst part of that is thinking in the future those people will be breeding with each other 😲

With respect, I'm guessing you're under 40. For those of us old folks, our memories of the way we were treated by the sips irrespective of whether or not we won was, at best, horrific. Since we stopped playing them in football over a decade ago, the memory of the abuse hasn't faded. Rather, it's like when you get your knee replaced and only when the constant pain is gone do you realize how bad it hurt. 

I, for one, will never again watch an A&M - tu football game in person. Their fans are a cancer. I'm not letting that cancer in my life again.
A. The myopia resulted in poor goal setting. "The season is a success as long as we win THE game!" If it's built on the wrong aim you don't get a successful program.
B. There wasn't joy. It was relief to win and pain to lose. But it wasn't enjoyment.
C. Their fans suck. You either hear about their victory for months or you hear their excuses for weeks. 
D. Refs. Part of the reason the game wasn't fun is that it was rarely fair.
E. Cultural misalignment. I'd rather just have nothing to do with them.
Id correct one point: A&M's so called leadership were in on it. The vote was 14-0, and there was no attempt to leverage a single-state-representative pact. The dollars were presented and our representatives prostituted us.

At LEAST they could have abstained and given the sips a symbolic 13-0 acceptance. But they're so disassociated from tradition that they couldn't even toss us that cookie.
Personally I have no respect for them. I have sip friends and all is good but for the most part sips are arrogant, selfish and when sip refs judge a game they cannot be trusted. I do not care to participate in any football game because I cannot ever forget how they have manipulated rules and situations to their advantage.

At Kyle, our season tickets will sit empty for the tu game. We will not sell them, and we will not attend.
The last 10 years has been a breath of fresh air in the fact that A&M has actually concentrated on A&M and what we can do for ourselves instead of worrying about how our actions may affect tu.
They are always relevant, no matter how good their record is.
texags….thanks.

Wtf is this?

Texas - has the #1 athletic department in the country?Posted on 2/11/23 at 8:18 pm to Cheese Grits
bkm1.png
Huh, looks like most SEC schools actually care about the consolation prize even when they didn't win it:

Alabama 7th place in Director's Cup: Banner year!
Arkansas 7th place in Director's Cup 2nd year in a row!
Auburn #18 in Director's Cup, best finish in 13 years!
Florida finishes 5th!
Georgia finishes 19th!
Kentucky's highest finish ever at 9th in Director's Cup
LSU finishes at 15th in Director's Cup
Ole Miss record high finish at #20!
Tennessee finishes 13th!
Vanderbilt 4th highest finish ever!
Texas A&M comes in at 25!
* Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina have not finished high enough to warrant a puff piece

SEC apparently cares too: SEC places most schools in Top 30!

I'm starting to think you have an axe to grind with us, old man.

From secrant.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Watched the SB tonight at our aggy neighbors across the street (They're the only ags I know that I actually like). A non-ag chick asked them what they thought about Texas & aggy resuming hostilities in 2024. They weren't amused. When she prodded a little more and asked if they thought it would be in CS, the response was "It better be". Nom nom nom. The tears. So delicious.

After all the flexing and posturing they're doing over the site of the game, I actually hope it's there just so we can make 'em eat shit that much more when we beat that ass.

• Drool 1

8 hours ago, wood said:

Watched the SB tonight at our aggy neighbors across the street (They're the only ags I know that I actually like). A non-ag chick asked them what they thought about Texas & aggy resuming hostilities in 2024. They weren't amused. When she prodded a little more and asked if they thought it would be in CS, the response was "It better be". Nom nom nom. The tears. So delicious.

After all the flexing and posturing they're doing over the site of the game, I actually hope it's there just so we can make 'em eat shit that much more when we beat that ass.

I don't.

Odd years at Pyle, even years at DKR. Fuck aggy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Texas - has the #1 athletic department in the country?Posted on 2/11/23 at 8:18 pm to Cheese Grits
bkm1.png
Huh, looks like most SEC schools actually care about the consolation prize even when they didn't win it:

Alabama 7th place in Director's Cup: Banner year!
Arkansas 7th place in Director's Cup 2nd year in a row!
Auburn #18 in Director's Cup, best finish in 13 years!
Florida finishes 5th!
Georgia finishes 19th!
Kentucky's highest finish ever at 9th in Director's Cup
LSU finishes at 15th in Director's Cup
Ole Miss record high finish at #20!
Tennessee finishes 13th!
Vanderbilt 4th highest finish ever!
Texas A&M comes in at 25!
* Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina have not finished high enough to warrant a puff piece

SEC apparently cares too: SEC places most schools in Top 30!

I'm starting to think you have an axe to grind with us, old man.

From secrant.

Can you link to the thread? I find that, when I go over there randomly, I get sucked into the morass and just click and gape at the abject stupidity for about 15 minutes, and then close the window after reading the idiotic terms "frick" and "bish" for the 15th time apiece. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can you link to the thread? I find that, when I go over there randomly, I get sucked into the morass and just click and gape at the abject stupidity for about 15 minutes, and then close the window after reading the idiotic terms "frick" and "bish" for the 15th time apiece. 

You forgot “baw”.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just click on the Cheese Grits user name hyperlink from Cairn Horn's post. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/texas---has-the-1-athletic-department-in-the-country/106862306/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

why I will never be a regular poster over there....well one of several reasons but JFC, what a bunch of pussies

• Hook 'Em 3