• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

My ex-wife was friends with Mike Baab's sister.  He was looking to "lease" out his letterman seats.  Said ex-wife declined "because we already have seats".  Sonofabitch.

Baab is an awesome guy,and a certified bad ass and great Longhorn.  Met him at graduation in May 22 probably through the same person you're talking about Screenshot_20230613-210850_Gallery.thumb.jpg.29d251d9b22b72cc72f1d840dbbb2c2e.jpg

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Baab is an awesome guy,and a certified bad ass and great Longhorn.  Met him at graduation in May 22 probably through the same person you're talking about 

I never met him, but his sister was an ace human being.  I haven't seen her in 20 years.

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

See, that's the thing; if they ever summoned the emotional wherewithal to adopt an attitude of "Fuck it, let's go.", they'd be well on the way to culturally and institutionally un-fucking themselves.  The biggest problem with aggy is that they are never who they constantly and loudly profess themselves to be.  I'm sure it has been said before, but the Wake Forest(?) bowl game they chickened out of is a great example. How cool would it have been if aggy had tried to live up to their 12th Man legend and showed up to play the game even  though they were short-handed. They could have actually played walk-ons, tried running the wing-T, put in an offensive lineman at QB, I don't know...any kind of crazy shit to try to be competitive. Sure they would have lost, but if they truly left had it all out on the field and took their ass-kicking with dignity and grace, then they could be rightfully proud about how they dealt with a challenge under tough circumstances. If they acted that way on a consistent basis, maybe people would capitalize the A in aggy.  PS: there is a short story called "You Can't Kill the Rooster" written by David Sedaris about his foul-mouthed but loveable little brother. The Rooster is the type of little brother they ought to try to be.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Recently had some potential customers out of the Houston area visit our factory. I provided a presentation and a factory tour. One of the guys wanted his picture taken with one of our earthmoving pieces of equipment. He stood against the tire and smiled and gave the thumbs up.

All I said was, “aggy”?

He nodded and said, “Yes”.

• Haha 2

On 6/13/2023 at 8:09 AM, TreatyOak said:

ChatGPT, how can the Texas A&M Aggies be the most successful football program in college despite not winning a title since 1939?

Though the Texas A&M University Aggies have not won a national championship title since 1939, they can still be considered the most successful college football program for several reasons. While championship victories play a significant role in determining a program's success, it is not the sole factor. Here's why the Aggies regard themselves as the most successful football program despite their title drought.

1. Consistent Competitiveness: Success in college football goes beyond winning championships. The Aggies have consistently been competitive over the years, fielding strong teams and contending for conference titles and bowl games. They have achieved numerous winning seasons and produced several All-Americans and NFL players.

2. Longevity and Tradition: The Texas A&M football program has a rich history and a storied tradition that stretches back over a century. The Aggies have built a strong and passionate fan base, with a loyal following known as the "12th Man." The program's longevity and tradition contribute to its status as the most successful in college football despite never winning titles.

3. Conference Dominance: While national titles hold great prestige, dominating within a competitive conference is also a significant achievement. The Aggies have had considerable success in conference play, including capturing multiple conference championships in different eras and perhaps will turn the tide in one of the toughest conferences, the Southeastern Conference (SEC).

4. Impactful Players and Coaches: The Aggies have produced numerous standout players and coaches who have left a lasting impact on the sport. Notable Aggies alumni include Heisman Trophy winners John David Crow and Johnny Manziel, as well as legendary coaches like Paul "Bear" Bryant and R.C. Slocum. These individuals have contributed to the Aggies' legacy and their overall success as a program.

5. Facilities and Resources: Texas A&M has invested heavily in its football program, providing state-of-the-art facilities and resources that attract top-tier talent. The university's commitment to supporting the team's success has helped establish a foundation for excellence and competitiveness.

While winning a national championship is the pinnacle of success in college football, it is important to recognize the overall achievements and contributions of a program. Despite their title drought, the Texas A&M Aggies' consistent competitiveness, long-standing tradition, conference dominance, impactful players and coaches, and investment in resources make them widely regarded the most successful college football programs in history.

titanic-old-lady.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Pancho said:

lulz from the comments:

Aggiedad 20 HOURS AGO

They display the worst sportsmanship of any fanbase I have seen, which is the main reason I would rather not play them. I was so glad when we joined the SEC. But after 2 years, I think everyone in the SEC will see for themselves. OU has a lot of good fans, and I welcome them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If losing to App State at home won't shut them up for a full year about SEC strength and home field advantage... Not sure if anything ever will.

Well, nothing ever has. And there is plenty to pick from over the last century.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Aggy telling erreyone they never want to play Texas again. So much so, they made a hype video for the return of the game lol

Two thoughts:

1 - They are desperate to look as though they have sway with the SEC to make the first game happen in CS. Nevermind the fact that they had to practically throw a tantrum to make it happen.

2 - That video had to be carefully curated to show only aggie highlights vs Texas. It must have take time to sort through all that footage of asskickings to find the "good" highlights. Must have been a weeks-long project, so they obviously had it ready to go.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Two thoughts:

1 - They are desperate to look as though they have sway with the SEC to make the first game happen in CS. Nevermind the fact that they had to practically throw a tantrum to make it happen.

2 - That video had to be carefully curated to show only aggie highlights vs Texas. It must have take time to sort through all that footage of asskickings to find the "good" highlights. Must have been a weeks-long project, so they obviously had it ready to go.

From that video, you'd never believe which team has an overall 76-37-5 record against aggy!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Two thoughts:

They also omit they might be playing with a new a coach in 2024.   Jimbo and the whole program crashes by the end of this season if they are 6-6 or 7-5 with another losing SEC record.  It’s going to be glorious.  

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

That video had to be carefully curated to show only aggie highlights vs Texas. It must have take time to sort through all that footage of asskickings to find the "good" highlights. Must have been a weeks-long project, so they obviously had it ready to go.

And lots of vids from late 80’s and early 90’s.   I know I like my hype vids to be 30-40 years old.  Idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3