Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

About that. Very aggy. 

IMG_1319.webp

It always surprises me when some of you think you're fanbase is so different than others. I would think that with the size of your fanbase, it's more likely that enough would be interested in a shirt like this that whoever makes it gets a nice little profit. My junior year at OSU we rushed the field three times and single win shirts were everywhere because we had been so bad for so long. We don't really do that anymore except for Bedlam wins. I don't buy them but acknowledge that there is a market. 

Most University systems have their own plane.  I'm betting that one belongs to the whole of the Texas A&M University System and used primarily by inter-campus travel by the Chancellor and senior staff.  But is frequently "lent out" to specific schools for use by their Presidents, and perhaps even coaches.  It's hard to justify sending an A&M-Commerce basketball coach or UTEP defensive coordinator and their staff out on a private plane for recruiting or summit, but they do it more than you'd think.  

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Deliciousness

Wow!!   Lol. That was fantastic!!

I didn’t realize they are 1-7 in their last 8 games against Power 5 teams.  Crazy how badly they are underachieving considering their recruiting and the metric tons of money they’ve spent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Wow!!   Lol. That was fantastic!!

I didn’t realize they are 1-7 in their last 8 games against Power 5 teams.  Crazy how badly they are underachieving considering their recruiting and the metric tons of money they’ve spent. 

The cherry on top of his tenure is they backed out of their bowl game because of their covid excuse because they knew they were going to get drilled by I believe Wake Forest. And wanted to save some face with all the recruiting they were doing and thought they were building some high powered team. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

It always surprises me when some of you think you're fanbase is so different than others. I would think that with the size of your fanbase, it's more likely that enough would be interested in a shirt like this that whoever makes it gets a nice little profit. My junior year at OSU we rushed the field three times and single win shirts were everywhere because we had been so bad for so long. We don't really do that anymore except for Bedlam wins. I don't buy them but acknowledge that there is a market. 

Soooooo… almost never?

ETA: how the shit fuck did you lose to OU last season?

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

Does the school own that jet?  Or is it just some dumbass aggy with more money than brains?

Most schools have aircraft, but state schools probably aren't getting away with a Gulfstream.  Think King Air or Citation.

That "A&M" jet is a 1997 G-IV; owner is based out of Ft. Worth/Benbrook.  Either a workaround for the University so they don't have to answer to the state legislature, or a wealthy alumnus/fan who owns and operates it, "donating" flight time to the school.

The cherry on top of his tenure is they backed out of their bowl game because of their covid excuse because they knew they were going to get drilled by I believe Wake Forest. And wanted to save some face with all the recruiting they were doing and thought they were building some high powered team. 

That’s a forfeit in my book.

That’s a forfeit in my book.

Edit: someone needs to reset the hamster wheel that runs this place.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I agree with a lot of this. I think what separates aggy from most other fan bases is what % of their fans will buy that shirt vs. others. I think its multiples higher for aggy. 

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I don't know a single person that would wear that. Not. One. Single. Person. I am sure that the podunk towns that lean Longhorn would find homes for it though. The closest I have ever come to a shirt like that is this one......and I won't apologize to anyone for it. 

20230912_125805.jpg

This is the only score shirt I’ve ever owned.  I don’t wear it, but it’s a nice thing to own.  Poor aggy won’t ever know what this is like!

3E087729-3666-4F14-8CB5-FC96EE02BB55.thumb.jpeg.8b7caf1931a6663ebe49d783c72b1a97.jpegC7E2ACF2-DF52-401C-8691-3BA76D718B87.thumb.jpeg.5c03cc297976445d38da3705357cc07f.jpeg

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hondo said:

Most schools have aircraft, but state schools probably aren't getting away with a Gulfstream.  Think King Air or Citation.

That "A&M" jet is a 1997 G-IV; owner is based out of Ft. Worth/Benbrook.  Either a workaround for the University so they don't have to answer to the state legislature, or a wealthy alumnus/fan who owns and operates it, "donating" flight time to the school.

The guy behind the company that owns the "aggy G-IV" is Robert L. Albritton, a member of the aggy Board of Regents.

https://www.tamus.edu/regents/bios/albritton/

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

*your

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

The amazing part is how that only affected aggy and Miami was unfazed by it

This reminds me about their caterwauling in the 1998 Ricky game.  Pre-noon kickoff, it had been raining off and on that morning, but clearly we were watering the field and they didn't come prepared with the proper cleats.

I mean, my wife and I had beers for breakfast at Scholz Garden and had our fucking umbrellas with us.  Never change, you stupid rednecks.

• Hook 'Em 2