Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I think with Leach and Beard is that they did have a "fire for cause" clause but their legal argument was the reason for their firing was not enough cause. 

The Surly legal eagles can put me in my place here, but I think it doesn't matter what the legal argument is.  If you're entitled to sovereign immunity on an issue, the other party has zero recourse.  Meaning, they could fire Jimbo for looking at the AD wrong on a Tuesday and call that "cause" and there's nothing he could do about it, even if it goes against his contract.  They'd never do that as a practical matter, but I think they technically could.

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

49 minutes ago, Keef said:

The Surly legal eagles can put me in my place here, but I think it doesn't matter what the legal argument is.  If you're entitled to sovereign immunity on an issue, the other party has zero recourse.  Meaning, they could fire Jimbo for looking at the AD wrong on a Tuesday and call that "cause" and there's nothing he could do about it, even if it goes against his contract.  They'd never do that as a practical matter, but I think they technically could.

I would never. My guess is that you would never. I hesitate, after all the things they've done publicly and proudly, confidently to rule out anything foolish or unethical aggy might do. Even Tech was dumb enough.

If they go 5&7 this year, Jimbo is getting fired. They will hide behind sovereign immunity like tech did with Leach and likely not end up paying out the rest of the contract.

That's all good until Dabo says he requires all $150 million upfront.

aggy will find a way to fuck it up even worse from there.

• Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

If they go 5&7 this year, Jimbo is getting fired. They will hide behind sovereign immunity like tech did with Leach and likely not end up paying out the rest of the contract.

This could definitely happen. If aggy fucks around, they might find out when it comes to hiring Jimbo's replacement.

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Claiming soveriegn immunity is going to cut their legs out in the next negotiation.  The next corch will require security to back up the even bigger guaranteed deal.  That means that aggy will need to tie up a big chunk of money, or put some ridiculous package of assets at risk.  

13 minutes ago, nnm said:

Claiming soveriegn immunity is going to cut their legs out in the next negotiation.  The next corch will require security to back up the even bigger guaranteed deal.  That means that aggy will need to tie up a big chunk of money, or put some ridiculous package of assets at risk.  

OK how about claiming this...

0278f10b-5d96-4223-bbce-117bc51c6bce_text.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Crazy Ex Girlfriend Yes GIF

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They won't claim sovereign immunity, but I hope they do, and then the legislature consents to the lawsuit and Aggy has to pay up anyway.

3 hours ago, nnm said:

They would claim sovereign immunity and then Bilbo would roll out the receipts on their recruiting shenanigans. If you think that little hobbit looking fucker doesn’t have a safety deposit box full of shit just in case, I got a bridge to sell you.

Cut off his cash and he will list who paid what to whom and raise a huge stink for it to become an issue with the IRS. He could potentially drag it far enough that he could argue that his firing was retaliation for threatening to expose A&M, their alumni, and the AD in a long running fraud to help facilitate tax fraud.

I am really curious how that would actually work out from a federal standpoint after the various other sports related payment cases. Could you charge all the parties involved in a conspiracy to commit tax fraud by paying players in crypto and what not now since NIL made it legal for such transactions to occur? In the past the feds were leery to go after the players/families, but now with a legal option for them to get paid there is no legitimate reason to pay them under the table….

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Crazy Ex Girlfriend Yes GIF

Close. I just built on what you said. The second part is what I added. Yes, it’s going to make the deal more expensive because the next coach will demand an even bigger deal. But the next part is at least as important—the next coach, his agent, and his lawyers (and he will have some good ones) will also require that the even bigger deal be secured with a lien, bond, or other security that will be forfeited if certain conditions are met (fired without cause, etc.), and can’t be discharged by a court’s ruling in TAMU’s favor on a sovereign immunity claim. 

• Drool 1

Wish this were the case, but it's simply not.
One of his duties under the employment agreement, along with many others, is to "be responsible for the management and supervision of the football program at [ATM] . . . [which] include those duties customarily performed by a head coach at a major University" (Section 2.1).
The definition of Cause includes "neglect[ing] or otherwise fail[ing] to perform his duties outlined herein as Head Football Coach in any material respect" (Section 5.1(a)). 
He would absolutely be fired for Cause if he just fucked off to Key West. 
Contract doesnt say anything about coaching by zoom from a fishing boat out in the gulf. Exactly what I would do
  • Drool 1

Unless they get lucky and find evidence that Jimbo has been knocking boots with coeds, I think BMDs are just gonna have to dig deep and pay off that massive contract if they want to jettison Jimbo.  I’m have no idea what record gets them to pull the trigger but I pray Weigman is enough of a gamer to get them to a record good enough and keep the Jimbo train rolling in BCS.  

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a meeting between Jimbo and Sharp after one of these ridiculous losses.

Jimbo should just respond to every Sharp criticism about his coaching: "Then fire me. I'll take my entire buyout in hundred dollar bills, please." 

Pay Me Parks And Recreation GIF

Sharp can rant and rave all he wants. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Unless they get lucky and find evidence that Jimbo has been knocking boots with coeds, I think BMDs are just gonna have to dig deep and pay off that massive contract if they want to jettison Jimbo.  I’m have no idea what record gets them to pull the trigger but I pray Weigman is enough of a gamer to get them to a record good enough and keep the Jimbo train rolling in BCS.  

He’s probably good enough to go 8-4

17 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

What. Tha.

I suffered so you don’t have to watch the whole thing. Minute 5:30 is awkward. Minute 7 is freaking weird. 9:30 is the parade of morons. 12:30 on is more Nazi stuff.

We were at The Citadel 90 mins ago, got lucky and saw the cadets on the parade ground and their Friday afternoon presentation. They had military guys reviewing them as they went through their presentation/marches. These goobers look nothing like the parade we just saw. Not even on the same planet. The instructors we saw would blow a gasket watching this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Nothing like “adult cos play”. I wanted to say Boy Scouts, but I don’t want to disparage the Boy Scouts! It’s all for show and zero substance.

I’m so tired of them trying to tie their group of costume wearers to the military, which they are NOT - as a whole. I do know that some of their minority is actually in their ROTC program, but the rest are just playing dress-up!

I’m “real Army” from 88-95.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Minute 5:30 is awkward. Minute 7 is freaking weird. 9:30 is the parade of morons. 12:30 on is more Nazi stuff.

-- their band sounds like ass

-- my favorite part is 10:43 when the tall dork WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE CALLING OUT 'LEFT-RIGHT' stutter steps to "correct" himself, but he just ends up backwards.  He was in step before said "correction".

-- their band sounds like ass
-- my favorite part is 10:43 when the tall dork WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE CALLING OUT 'LEFT-RIGHT' stutter steps to "correct" himself, but he just ends up backwards.  He was in step before said "correction".

I watched that 10 min of crap. Half of them were just “walking” instead of being in cadence. But like you mentioned, even the one’s calling the cadence were out of step themselves! Must’ve been a bunch of underclassmen in that video, as it wasn’t nothing to be proud of, except the leading Band sounding loud! The followers, not so much!

Hook’em!!!

13 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I watched that 10 min of crap. Half of them were just “walking” instead of being in cadence. But like you mentioned, even the one’s calling the cadence were out of step themselves! 

Watch this clip of Harry Connick Jr.  He's frustrated that his lily white crowd is clapping on the 1 and the 3, instead of the expected 2 and the 4, so he inserts an extra beat (4/4 measure --> 5/4 measure) around 0:40 and the dumbass crowd has no idea that they've been flipped to clapping on the 2 and the 4.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I've come to realize that if The University of Texas did not exist....aggy would still have called themselves Texas A&M aggys, and would still only have 1/3 of the PUF funds, plus, they still would not be the flagship university of Texas...with no encumbrances....they would still be the aggy we know and love today....its their destiny!

1 hour ago, Crapinon said:

We were at The Citadel 90 mins ago, got lucky and saw the cadets on the parade ground and their Friday afternoon presentation. They had military guys reviewing them as they went through their presentation/marches. These goobers look nothing like the parade we just saw. Not even on the same planet. The instructors we saw would blow a gasket watching this. 

Yup... it's basically a fraternity. lol.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

wrong

Right... 

Since they're now convinced Bama is awful, shouldn't that loss be enough?

8 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Jesus Christ... I love to make fun of Aggy... But Nazis??? LOLOL... too far dude.

Here is the context: In 1973 MOB once made fun of the Corps by goosstepping and the Ags went so insane they had to smuggle the band out of the stadium. They sure showed them they weren't Nazis.

1. During a 1973 game against Texas A&M, Rice’s marching band made fun of several Aggie traditions. The band marched out to the field in a military-style goose-step and turned the Aggie War Hymn into "March of the Wooden Soldiers.” The band also made fun of Texas A&M’s school mascot, the dog Reveille, by forming a fire hydrant. An angry group of Texas A&M students gathered outside Rice’s stadium, and the band eventually had to be transported out via food service trucks. The performance has since been dubbed “The Halftime of Infamy.”

After that incident, it is kind of tradition to compare them to Nazis.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

What. Tha.

I suffered so you don’t have to watch the whole thing. Minute 5:30 is awkward. Minute 7 is freaking weird. 9:30 is the parade of morons. 12:30 on is more Nazi stuff.

Here’s some real badass combat veteran soldiers that know how to march - The Scottish Black Watch down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, Horn Dogg said:

This is the only score shirt I’ve ever owned.  I don’t wear it, but it’s a nice thing to own.  Poor aggy won’t ever know what this is like!

3E087729-3666-4F14-8CB5-FC96EE02BB55.thumb.jpeg.8b7caf1931a6663ebe49d783c72b1a97.jpegC7E2ACF2-DF52-401C-8691-3BA76D718B87.thumb.jpeg.5c03cc297976445d38da3705357cc07f.jpeg

I bought one in 1990 after the UH game.  Pretty sure it wasn't licensed since it said, "The Cougars were Pussies"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3