Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Avascular necrosis is a slight worry with those type of injuries, but ill defer to @Sawbonz

4 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The talus has low blood flow and typically heals much more slowly, correct?

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

You can’t put weight on a talus fracture for 2-3 months right? 

If true, this sucks for Weigman. I never wish injuries on other teams. aggy included. 

It varies based on whether this is osteochondral, posterior process, lateral process, body, or neck. Best case for him is if it is a simple lateral process fracture. There is a high risk of AVN with more serious neck fractures. That’s super bad. Even if this heals up (and it can be slower than the average bone 6 week time), significant and early arthritis does occur with lots of these.

• Hook 'Em 5

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

It varies based on whether this is osteochondral, posterior process, lateral process, body, or neck. Best case for him is if it is a simple lateral process fracture. There is a high risk of AVN with more serious neck fractures. That’s super bad. Even if this heals up (and it can be slower than the average bone 6 week time), significant and early arthritis does occur with lots of these.

So what you’re saying is advantage aggy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

"You use your mouth pertier than a $2 whore"...

Srsly, thanks for the info,(still looking up all that stuff) and hope this doesn't screw the young man up in the long run.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

9 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

tumblr_mqf1dogBDZ1rzd6w3o1_400.gif

I was thinking more like this

pulp fiction check out the big brain on brett GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just waded into the TexAgs cesspool.  It appears the Gestapo has been diligent in scrubbing any posts about speculation about Wiggy's injury.  The only place I've seen the new information discussed is here.  Anyone have anything else on it?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

Just waded into the TexAgs cesspool.  It appears the Gestapo has been diligent in scrubbing any posts about speculation about Wiggy's injury.  The only place I've seen the new information discussed is here.  Anyone have anything else on it?

Saw a post on SEC Rant that said it'll come out on Texags soon that his season is over.  Coulda' just been a troll, but who knows.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, nnm said:

Was just posted on Twitter by h chron

• Hook 'Em 1

COLLEGE STATION — Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Conner Weigman’s lower leg injury is worse than previously thought, according to multiple program insiders.

Weigman might miss the rest of the season after further tests revealed a more extensive injury than a bad sprain. A&M coach Jimbo Fisher on Monday had described Weigman as “day to day” with an ankle injury suffered late in the first half of A&M’s 27-10 victory over Auburn last Saturday in the teams’ Southeastern Conference opener.  

Fellow sophomore Max Johnson replaced Weigman in the second half and threw two touchdown passes to open up the game. The Aggies (3-1) face Arkansas (2-2) at 11 a.m. Saturday in Arlington’s AT&T Stadium, and Johnson is scheduled to make his first start of the season.

Johnson started at LSU two years ago before transferring to A&M prior to last season. Weigman, who beat out Johnson for the starting job in August camp, played in four games this season and could redshirt if he doesn’t play again this year, if he so desired. Weigman, 20, might be a high-round selection in the 2025 NFL draft, when he is first eligible for the draft.

Weigman is a former five-star prospect out of Bridgeland High in the class of 2022 who was one of the SEC’s top quarterbacks a fourth of the way into this season and prior to his injury..

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Freaking paywall.  The Chronicle is trash anyway, and then they forfeit ad revenue by erecting a barrier that can only be solved by a subscription, which no one is going to pay.  Chasing subscriptions to a marginal regional paper is a fool's errand.  Their subscription base has eroded because the product is trash, and no one is going to sign up because of the stupid paywall.  The only reason anyone looks at the Chronicle website is some local sports stories.  That's it.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

Freaking paywall.  The Chronicle is trash anyway, and then they forfeit ad revenue by erecting a barrier that can only be solved by a subscription, which no one is going to pay.  Chasing subscriptions to a marginal regional paper is a fool's errand.  Their subscription base has eroded because the product is trash, and no one is going to sign up because of the stupid paywall.  The only reason anyone looks at the Chronicle website is some local sports stories.  That's it.  

Not much to it…

COLLEGE STATION — Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Conner Weigman’s lower leg injury is worse than previously thought, according to multiple program insiders.

Weigman might miss the rest of the season after further tests revealed a more extensive injury than a bad sprain. A&M coach Jimbo Fisher on Monday had described Weigman as “day to day” with an ankle injury suffered late in the first half of A&M’s 27-10 victory over Auburn last Saturday in the teams’ Southeastern Conference opener.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

Paraphrased:

Don't worry about the fact that you pay me $9.95 per month for years on end without questioning me.  Don't worry about the fact that you expect the $9.95 to give you a little bit of insider information.  Don't worry about the fact that I only report things after they've been broken elsewhere. 

With that preamble, here's what's going on, which you can read anywhere else before you read it here.

Or paraphrased more succinctly:

Fuck you, pay me 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

All good. The miracle of modern medicine. On day four of my recovery, I could very slowly walk to the front of the neighborhood and. Back without using any crutches.

That’s great to hear. And yeah; the miracle of modern medicine. 
I’m probably not telling you anything that you don’t already know, but the human body was designed to move.  KEEP GOING! 👏🏻👏🏻🙌🏻🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah, but what happens when Max gets hurt (like last year) due to Addazio's shitty OL?

Max is a statue.  He's going to get beat to death behind that line.

Hate to see a kid get hurt like that, I really hope there are no long term complications for him.  That said, he needs to look into just playing baseball.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

want to highlight that this was where it was heard first. good job @GreenspointTexas

Happy Way To Go GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image

If you didn't already know, Nurses gossip 🙂

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Max is a statue.  He's going to get beat to death behind that line.

Hate to see a kid get hurt like that, I really hope there are no long term complications for him.  That said, he needs to look into just playing baseball.

If you didn't already know, Nurses gossip 🙂

But they are paid very well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

My response to Blacklab was a joke. He runs this place, and I thought (erroneously) that if I called him out on his statement not having any supporting link, it might be funny. Specially in light of the fact that another poster did the same thing just a bit earlier, and we kinda went with it.  Maybe I should just stick to lowbrow, food stuff.

/csb

And laying pipe.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1