Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

15 hours ago, nnm said:

I don’t think they pull the trigger until they have the next savior lined up. That means, in my mind, Dabo or Urban. Maybe they could get behind Elko, but I doubt it. 
Anyone have any pics of the drapes in the background of Urban’s latest zoom call to compare against the CS Hampton Inn?

everything that was there about why Urban made sense for Texas (not pulling him away from another job he didn't want to leave like Venables, no buyout, ready to go day 1, can focus on the new team stuff / staff buildout vs coaching the last few games) also makes sense for A&M

all that said, he's in the Jimmy Johnson situation where he's making a shitload to work like 15 saturdays a year and not have to deal with recruiting, boosters, NIL, game planning, late nights, etc.

can't imagine he leaves all that to go live in College Station, Texas.

Dabo is another interesting story where he is well poised to make $$$ at Alabama when Saban leaves - and he's absolutely their first call. why would he leave Clemson where he has it all for Texas A&M where he would be starting from scratch across the board and coming into a much less talented team than he would if he followed Saban or stayed at Clemson for another 5 years?

i think you are right on the next name needing to be in place before your jettison your current guy into the sun. you have to have a big enough name that you can fundraise off of (genuinely don't think Elko is a big enough name for them)

the name guys you have any hope of pulling at this point are folks like Kiffin who have a ton of positive but also negatives and who also hate you with a burning passion. or someone like Harbaugh, but can you imagine going from Ann Arbor to College Station? plus you know he will leave for the NFL at the first opportunity. Huge Freeze would probably kill it at A&M but they waited too long to go after him. PF Fleck has the cult thing down, but is in a comfortable job and his star has faded a ton over the last few years. i love Klieman and Leipold, but they aren't big enough names to get the $$$ out.

they could potentially offer someone like James Franklin but the guy is like 2 years off of signing a 10 year extension.

Lanning and someone like DeBoer aren't going anywhere. plus a younger up and coming guy is going to be hard to sell. Traylor would do a good job as well, but again not a big enough name.

honestly Matt Ruhle probably would have killed it at A&M so glad he's not an option.

...all of this to say you know who the perfect hire for A&M would be? the father/son duo of Kirk and Brian Ferentz. he's pissed at iowa. he makes "only" 7 million. he's a great coach. he has experience in a town and university where everything revolves around the football team. he has a track record that A&M would be incredibly envious of. he has two losing seasons since 2000. he brings along his own offensive (in more ways than one) protege. he loves defense and white boys from small towns. he's borderline racist. he has perhaps the whitest coaching background and career of all time

image.png.ec8f1784268e091d25ecfd15c6a4ef73.png

IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE.

• Haha 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Am I the only one who thinks there is zero point zero chance Dipshit Dabo ends up at Bama?  Five years ago?  Sure. 

Yeah. He was the heir appareant, but in the new world of NIL and transfer portals, Bama ain't replacing Saban with anybody that might handicap their competitiveness with self-imposed restrictions. 

If I'm Dabo, I honestly consider taking my millions and two national championship rings and calling it a career. He's only gonna grow more disenchanted with the college game, and I don't see him as an NFL guy. 

I mean, really, if you were Urban, would you want to go back to coaching CFB when you have to deal with the new landscape?!  I imagine coaching in the NIL era has to be next level difficult during recruiting.  If I'm him, kicking up the feet on the ESPN console and milking that cow for all it's worth.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Am I the only one who thinks there is zero point zero chance Dipshit Dabo ends up at Bama?  Five years ago?  Sure. 

1 minute ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Yeah. He was the heir appareant, but in the new world of NIL and transfer portals, Bama ain't replacing Saban with anybody that might handicap their competitiveness with self-imposed restrictions. 

If I'm Dabo, I honestly consider taking my millions and two national championship rings and calling it a career. He's only gonna grow more disenchanted with the college game, and I don't see him as an NFL guy. 

CTJ and others will have WAY more insight into the boosters/program but i think he's absolutely about to pull a jack sparrow out of Clemson into Bama if they want him.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-jack-sparrow.gi

also i am guessing that by moving programs he can then re-evaluate and become "more flexible" around some of his restrictions.

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

CTJ and others will have WAY more insight into the boosters/program but i think he's absolutely about to pull a jack sparrow out of Clemson into Bama if they want him.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-jack-sparrow.gi

also i am guessing that by moving programs he can then re-evaluate and become "more flexible" around some of his restrictions.

My friends at Bama are tied directly to Saban, so they wouldn't know shit about the aftermath. They don't think Saban is going anywhere anytime soon, but he's not the type to spitball his exit with his staff. 

As to Swinney, were he to leave Clemson right around this year or next for greener pastures, I'd expect that new place to see a big bump in recruiting and performance for a bit, but the guy isn't going to change who he is. He already got to the mountain top doing things his own way.

For him to decide that he needed to change everything in order to get there again would require some really introspective, thoughtful, intelligent transformative changes in his worldview and mindset. That guy is a simple dumbass who chose the right career for his intelligence level. I don't think he's capable of the work needed to recover. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

everything that was there about why Urban made sense for Texas (not pulling him away from another job he didn't want to leave like Venables, no buyout, ready to go day 1, can focus on the new team stuff / staff buildout vs coaching the last few games) also makes sense for A&M

all that said, he's in the Jimmy Johnson situation where he's making a shitload to work like 15 saturdays a year and not have to deal with recruiting, boosters, NIL, game planning, late nights, etc.

can't imagine he leaves all that to go live in College Station, Texas.

Dabo is another interesting story where he is well poised to make $$$ at Alabama when Saban leaves - and he's absolutely their first call. why would he leave Clemson where he has it all for Texas A&M where he would be starting from scratch across the board and coming into a much less talented team than he would if he followed Saban or stayed at Clemson for another 5 years?

i think you are right on the next name needing to be in place before your jettison your current guy into the sun. you have to have a big enough name that you can fundraise off of (genuinely don't think Elko is a big enough name for them)

the name guys you have any hope of pulling at this point are folks like Kiffin who have a ton of positive but also negatives and who also hate you with a burning passion. or someone like Harbaugh, but can you imagine going from Ann Arbor to College Station? plus you know he will leave for the NFL at the first opportunity. Huge Freeze would probably kill it at A&M but they waited too long to go after him. PF Fleck has the cult thing down, but is in a comfortable job and his star has faded a ton over the last few years. i love Klieman and Leipold, but they aren't big enough names to get the $$$ out.

they could potentially offer someone like James Franklin but the guy is like 2 years off of signing a 10 year extension.

Lanning and someone like DeBoer aren't going anywhere. plus a younger up and coming guy is going to be hard to sell. Traylor would do a good job as well, but again not a big enough name.

honestly Matt Ruhle probably would have killed it at A&M so glad he's not an option.

...all of this to say you know who the perfect hire for A&M would be? the father/son duo of Kirk and Brian Ferentz. he's pissed at iowa. he makes "only" 7 million. he's a great coach. he has experience in a town and university where everything revolves around the football team. he has a track record that A&M would be incredibly envious of. he has two losing seasons since 2000. he brings along his own offensive (in more ways than one) protege. he loves defense and white boys from small towns. he's borderline racist. he has perhaps the whitest coaching background and career of all time

image.png.ec8f1784268e091d25ecfd15c6a4ef73.png

IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE.

Franklin wouldn't leave state Penn anyway. He's a Pennsylvania guy who grew up a psu fan. That's his dream job. 

2 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Franklin wouldn't leave state Penn anyway. He's a Pennsylvania guy who grew up a psu fan. That's his dream job. 

Franklin is overrated.  He sucked, like worse than Greg Davis ever though about being and close to Shawn Watson, as a playcaller.  His teams at Penn State playing shitty offense is no surprise.

20 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This week just seems "off" for billy and the boys. I actually think they may know something.

17 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

aggy is going to get “boat raced” in Oxford. If Jimbo survives after this weekend, good on him and his guaranteed contract.

Hook’em!!!

16 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The stupid motions they make with their legs and arms make them look like they are rolling deep on the spectrum. The “joke” just reinforces that.

16 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Oh, please. Anyone paying attention understands that their capacity for "pathetic" is endless.

15 hours ago, Blotto said:

The way they all whoop after that banger of a punchline is just begging for the looch "dick in mouth" gif treatment

What the fuck is going on here?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

I mean, really, if you were Urban, would you want to go back to coaching CFB when you have to deal with the new landscape?!  I imagine coaching in the NIL era has to be next level difficult during recruiting.  If I'm him, kicking up the feet on the ESPN console and milking that cow for all it's worth.

If those dipshits throw a similar contract to Urban, you bet your ass he will put on those hayseed colors and buy a pair of boots so he can fit in as well. 

• Like 2

Their capacity to continue to raise the bar of self-humiliation is just astounding. 

Also, firing JimBob after getting rolled in Oxford makes sense. And that's precisely why they won't do it. That and how the hell are they going to raise $100M+ for buyout/signing bonus for the next jamoke?
What everyone forgets when mentioning Jimbo/assistant buyouts plus paying a whole new staff is the fact they recently started a very expensive renovation/new build of their athletic facilities. Oil will need to hit $250 per barrel and stay there a while...and/or shitloads of new insurance policies written.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ousux said:
17 hours ago, Rio Don said:
Their capacity to continue to raise the bar of self-humiliation is just astounding. 

Also, firing JimBob after getting rolled in Oxford makes sense. And that's precisely why they won't do it. That and how the hell are they going to raise $100M+ for buyout/signing bonus for the next jamoke?

What everyone forgets when mentioning Jimbo/assistant buyouts plus paying a whole new staff is the fact they recently started a very expensive renovation/new build of their athletic facilities. Oil will need to hit $250 per barrel and stay there a while...and/or shitloads of new insurance policies written.

Fire and Flood Insurance imo...

Oil isn’t going quite that high, maybe half of the amount mentioned, especially with the shit going on in the Eastern Med. I work for a large refiner, so of course the cost of the barrel equates to the price at the pump. Sometimes it takes days or a week to reflect the “change” at the pump, but it will occur.

Hook’em!!!

Oil isn’t going quite that high, maybe half of the amount mentioned, especially with the shit going on in the Eastern Med. I work for a large refiner, so of course the cost of the barrel equates to the price at the pump. Sometimes it takes days or a week to reflect the “change” at the pump, but it will occur.

Hook’em!!!
So what you're saying is the Jimbobby offense will live to ride again in 2024? Excellent

I assume he’s talking about not covering their knees with their pants. It used to be the rule.

I think it’s idiotic and looks dumb, but if guys want to expose their knees to helmets, that’s on them. 

As a TXHS FB referee, we quit telling kids to cover their MFng knees during pre-game, even though that’s the UIL/NCAA rules. They all see that shit on TV, so they all replicate it! That was a “struggle” that went from pre-game walk throughs, to just not giving a shit by the 1st quarter. Visors with a tint/reflection were the same ass beating.

Shit, when I was in HS (80s), we had hip, butt, thigh, and knee pads! Not counting rib-pads for QBs and RBs. Hell, it’s like they’re all playing in the backyard nowadays.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

As a TXHS FB referee, we quit telling kids to cover their MFng knees during pre-game, even though that’s the UIL/NCAA rules. They all see that shit on TV, so they all replicate it! That was a “struggle” that went from pre-game walk throughs, to just not giving a shit by the 1st quarter. Visors with a tint/reflection were the same ass beating.

Shit, when I was in HS (80s), we had hip, butt, thigh, and knee pads! Not counting rib-pads for QBs and RBs. Hell, it’s like they’re all playing in the backyard nowadays.

Hook’em!!!

the worst is the dumb fucks that have mouthpieces on the face mask, but do not put them in.....I mean who gives a fuck about teeth or biting a tongue off

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

I always wore all the pads with my pants. Wanted all the lower leg protection I could reasonably get. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

No kidding. Never understand why the guys don’t wear they stuff now.

It’s all because of 7-on-7. They wear shorts there and then the look caught on. They’ll say it’s because it makes them faster, but it’s all about the look. 
It’s the opposite of the baggy shorts phenomenon that caught on first with Jordan then got taken to ridiculous extremes by others. 
Once a “look” catches on, there’s no explaining it. 
2528893.jpg

960x0.jpg?height=494&width=711&fit=bound

• Hook 'Em 2