Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm with you man. I never listen to any coach's post game press conferences, not even Texas coaches. But Jimbo's just hit different. That boomhauer-esque summary of every drive in the game reliably followed up by 15 minutes of shoving his kids under the bus for failure to execute.....it never got stale. I thought I still had time, and now its dawning on me I'll never hear another one again as long as I live. And thats f'n sad, man.

I think I'm gonna go light some candles and soak in the tub with a bottle of whiskey, listening to this on repeat. I  know it will get better, and that the sun will  come up again, but now is not that time. Now is the time for grieving.  

Epic post. 

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Welshy said:

This is TERRIBLE fantastic news. I'm so conflicted.

You hate to see it. 

But you love to see it. 

Right there with you. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 

The funniest thing to me is the fact Texas is 9-1 has more to do with this decision than their shitty play and development. 

Edited by IBuryPaul
Typo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

There's merit to this. Nietzsche wrote that mistakes always occur in a pair. First you do too much then you do to little.

We did/do this every hire since McWilliams fwiw. Overcorrect like a guy who’s never backed a boat down a dock. I think it’s endemic to having big money in the fanbase

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Update?

“At the end of the day, this was all planned out this season and the administration was just waiting for the right opportunity to release Jimbo, in order to install the right coach. You see, Texas A&M had to show the CFB world that they could hire a National Championship winning coach and show the right level of support to entice all the other much better coaches that Texas A&M is willing to do whatever it takes to win, and win now. People that are shocked by this are living in the Capital and are so out of touch from what the real schools are doing to secure their National title hopes. Rinse and repeat. Stay tuned for the latest Looch 44, I’ll be dropping soon!” - Billy, probably 

Edited by Droopy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Hey, I was an assistant track coach at Giddings High School (1967-69) and intramural sponsor at Webb Jr. High (1970-73). 
Plus emcee’d the student talent show two years running at the latter.

I’ll take the job at half the contract Jimbo had, as long as aggy will supply a swagcopter for my daily commute from Round Rock.

Assistant to the track coach

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

728590a9186fe1af9fd88678daedbd03.jpg

Oh Billy.  Remember this?

Liucci: Jimbo Fisher's extension will be another 'bargain' for Texas A&M

By Billy Liucci
September 1, 2021

Tweet

Key notes from Billy Liucci interview

• You're going to see this contract be 10 years, starting from now, with an average right around $9 million per year. You're starting the existing deal over with a significant raise to make him the second-highest paid coach in the SEC behind Nick Saban and one of the highest-paid in college football.

• This is a great deal. We're going to look at it again as a great bargain.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, 89Horn said:

Oh Billy.  Remember this?

Liucci: Jimbo Fisher's extension will be another 'bargain' for Texas A&M

By Billy Liucci
September 1, 2021

Tweet

Key notes from Billy Liucci interview

• You're going to see this contract be 10 years, starting from now, with an average right around $9 million per year. You're starting the existing deal over with a significant raise to make him the second-highest paid coach in the SEC behind Nick Saban and one of the highest-paid in college football.

• This is a great deal. We're going to look at it again as a great bargain.

He is such a fucking idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Droopy said:

“At the end of the day, this was all planned out this season and the administration was just waiting for the right opportunity to release Jimbo, in order to install the right coach. You see, Texas A&M had to show the CFB that they could hire a National Championship winning coach and show the right level of support to entice all the other much better coaches that Texas A&M is willing to do whatever it takes to win, and win now. People that are shocked by this are living in the Capital and are so out of touch from what the real schools are doing to secure the National title hopes. Rinse and repeat. Stay tuned for the latest Looch 44, I’ll be dropping soon!” - Billy, probably 

First Half GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

God….this is glorious. And I hate it, because I want him around forever. I also hate it because money is fungible, and one of our state universities is lighting $76 million on fire because they just can’t stop being fucking stupid pathetic little brother.

Aggy was outsmarted by a mouth breathing idiot and his agent. And it wasn’t even a fair fight.

Kind of like we're on the ledge with the scotch watching somebody else's world fall apart. Cheers!

• Like 1

There will be 100,000 people jerking each other off next Saturday in aggyland at how awesome they are to be able to blow 100 hundred million dollars to get rid of a mediocre head coach that they all were so sure would pan out that they gave him the stupidest contract in CFB history. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IBuryPaul said:

Right there with you. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 

The funniest thing to me is the fact Texas is 9-1 has more to do with this decision than their shitty play and development. 

Laugh 'til you cry, then cry 'til you laugh, rinse and repeat.  Works great for me.

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Who has the article slooch typed up when they hired Jimbo? Anytime that fucking idiot chirps about anything, people should reply with that article reminding him he's a certifiable dipshit and is not to be taken seriously, ever.

He’s a product of their culture.  Enough said.

• Like 1

Just now, mdmost said:

There will be 100,000 people jerking each other off next Saturday in aggyland at how awesome they are to be able to blow 100 hundred million dollars to get rid of a mediocre head coach that they all were so sure would pan out that they gave him the stupidest contract in CFB history. 

Battallion PitchBot:

Texas A&M paid $100M for a head coach who accomplished nothing. Here's why that's great news for Aggie Football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5