• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Traylor is who I think they ultimately end up with, and that means they will stumblefuck backdoor into what I think would be a good hire and the best fit for the whole aggyness that comes along with the job.

That doesn't mean he's going to overcome 84 years of culture holding them back, but still a solid coach they don't really deserve.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, ousux said:

Traylor is who I think they ultimately end up with, and that means they will stumblefuck backdoor into what I think would be a good hire and the best fit for the whole aggyness that comes along with the job.

That doesn't mean he's going to overcome 84 years of culture holding them back, but still a solid coach they don't really deserve.

Traylor is a good dude. I'd hate to see him at aggy. He deserves better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

It feels like they are trying to get Dabo.

- country bible thumping bumpkin

- talks like a hick

- won NCs so they can (again) boast about how they stole a NC coach.

And in the end, they won’t win jack shit. 

I agree. I’ve been saying this for a while.  It’s out-jimboing Jimbo. 

My God, I wonder what the contract will look like for him. 

29 minutes ago, nnm said:

I agree. I’ve been saying this for a while.  It’s out-jimboing Jimbo. 

10 years, 150 million dollars. No buy out. Fully guaranteed. He can fuck Reveille on their sacred grass and they would have to pay him in full.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

I’ll take a stab at it-

Base: 10 years and 200 million
No buyout
Paid upfront day one
If Dabo decides to quit he gets to keep all of it
If Dabo goes to coach anywhere else Aggy will pay his salary for that school for 10 years
If he beats texas he gets a 25 million dollar bonus
Free Corvette for life every year
10000 acre ranch
Free blowjobs on Gameday from Looch
10% of faculty salary deposited monthly in Cayman Islands account
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Just gotta throw this in the mix.  

Sec. Gates (also former CIA Director and President of A&M).  On campus at UT tonight speaking with LBJ's Mark Updegrove about all things Israel/Hamas, Ukraine/Russia, Taiwan/China.  Absolutely insightful, unabashed, non-partisan, and decade upon decade of experience.  Updegrove has no way of closing it out really because it's just a buncha dangling hypotheticals so he says, "If ever there was an Aggie leader deserving of $75mm on the way out...it's you Mr. Secretary."  Standing ovation.  There is literally, and remember this for all of your days, literally nothing that Texas A&M cannot fuck up.  But for guys like Robert Gates, that place would be every bit as shitty as we joke it is...and worse.

Gates is a good man.

• Hook 'Em 2

Some of y’all have speculated that TAMU may not honor the buyout. It’s an interesting proposition, to be sure, and TTU showed that a sovereign immunity claim in these circumstances can work. 
If I were the agent for the new aggy coach, I would absolutely not have my client sign until aggy shows that it is going to honor Jimbo’s buyout. If there’s the slightest sign that they’re not going to pay it, then I’m going to make aggy post a bond, or put money in escrow subject to immediate forfeiture, or provide some other sort of security. 
Yet another wrinkle to this absolute cluster aggy got themselves into. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Some of y’all have speculated that TAMU may not honor the buyout. It’s an interesting proposition, to be sure, and TTU showed that a sovereign immunity claim in these circumstances can work. 
If I were the agent for the new aggy coach, I would absolutely not have my client sign until aggy shows that it is going to honor Jimbo’s buyout. If there’s the slightest sign that they’re not going to pay it, then I’m going to make aggy post a bond, or put money in escrow subject to immediate forfeiture, or provide some other sort of security. 

Yeah….an attempt by aggy to avoid paying out based on immunity would fail (doesn’t mean they won’t try, but they’ll fail). The legislature waived immunity for claims for amounts due and owed under a contract for goods or services.

Jimbo gonna get paid. And if aggy tries to get out of it, his lawyers are gonna get paid too.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I bet A&M lets 2-3 years go by and waits for the story to die… Then we’ll start seeing articles saying that Jimbo’s payments aren’t coming in… Prolonged court battle ensues, and the aggies either play the sovereign immunity card or get Jimbo to settle…

We’re all not going to be laughing when Jeff Traylor is high-fiving the “Milk Men” in the Endzone, wearing his burgundy addidas shoes, after beating our foes asses on a weekly basis. Hell his daughter already played volleyball at aggy, so he already has a little tie to aggy.

Just saying!

Hook’em!!!

13 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

We’re all not going to be laughing when Jeff Traylor is high-fiving the “Milk Men” in the Endzone, wearing his burgundy addidas shoes, after beating our foes asses on a weekly basis. Hell his daughter already played volleyball at aggy, so he already has a little tie to aggy.

Just saying!

Hook’em!!!

I'll be laughing my ass off. I honestly have no idea how Traylor found the time to suck so many dicks that he has thousands of boyfriends on the internet. I'm guessing his next win over a ranked team will be his first, and I'm supposed to believe he's gonna be the chosen one to finally get it turned around at aggy? 

Alright Then GIF - Dazed And Confused Okay Alright ...

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

You must be
Hook’em!!!

Fng edit.

You didn’t read, as in my opinion Traylor would bring the best/immediate impact to aggy, unless they got somebody like Dabo. We’re all on the same team and I won’t lose sleep on either of their decisions going forward. Traylor is the best overall “Texas” bet for them, regarding TXHS FB coaches of over 40 years old that know Traylor.

Just my opinion.

Hook’em!!!

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah….an attempt by aggy to avoid paying out based on immunity would fail (doesn’t mean they won’t try, but they’ll fail). The legislature waived immunity for claims for amounts due and owed under a contract for goods or services.

Jimbo gonna get paid. And if aggy tries to get out of it, his lawyers are gonna get paid too.

I must have missed the news. When did the Lege do that?

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If aggy didn't pay Jimbo then no coach worth a shit would ever coach there in any sport. That's a precedence and reputation that no self respecting entity wants to have.

Edited by crash_davis

I don't see how any clear-thinking person would fire Jimbo right now unless a clearly better option were (1) available and (2) attainable. The people who are available might be better than Jimbo, but it's certainly not clear that they are, and despite his mediocre track record in College Station I would still say his resume beats everyone else's save maybe Dabo's. This all is to say nothing of whether any of those options are even attainable (even Looch admits Lanning is not willing to come).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

If aggy didn't pay Jimbo then no coach worth a shit would ever coach there in any sport. That's a precedence and reputation that no self respecting entity wants to have.

I don't see this happening until it comes time to find the later payments and nobody wants to cough them up.

I must have missed the news. When did the Lege do that?

Quite a few years ago. That waiver didn’t apply to Leach, because the amount wasn’t due and owed upon termination, it was only owed if/when he actually coached.
Since then, you can be certain that every coaching contract for a position at a state university has been drafted to avoid that pitfall (presuming the coach has enough leverage to get that term).
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Quite a few years ago. That waiver didn’t apply to Leach, because the amount wasn’t due and owed upon termination, it was only owed if/when he actually coached.
Since then, you can be certain that every coaching contract for a position at a state university has been drafted to avoid that pitfall (presuming the coach has enough leverage to get that term).

only thing i could find applies to construction contracts and goes out of its way to exclude employment contracts.

30 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I don't see how any clear-thinking person would fire Jimbo right now unless a clearly better option were (1) available and (2) attainable. The people who are available might be better than Jimbo, but it's certainly not clear that they are, and despite his mediocre track record in College Station I would still say his resume beats everyone else's save maybe Dabo's. This all is to say nothing of whether any of those options are even attainable (even Looch admits Lanning is not willing to come).

Your analysis is very logical and reasonable. 

Therfore, it does not apply to aggy.

This decision had nothing to do with logic. It had everything to do with Big Brother. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

only thing i could find applies to construction contracts and goes out of its way to exclude employment contracts.

I’ll be damned - yeah, I deal with the local government waiver mostly, not the one for state govt units. Sure enough, it excludes employees.

Surely there’s a waiver or workaround on that, as it’s so regularly in play for coaches.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I’ll be damned - yeah, I deal with the local government waiver mostly, not the one for state govt units. Sure enough, it excludes employees.

Surely there’s a waiver or workaround on that, as it’s so regularly in play for coaches.

I think it's basically uncharted waters because nobody's been dumb enough to test them. But if anyone would be that dumb, it would be the brain trust that conceived the $76M non-offset buyout and the firing of the same guy without first having a clear plan for his replacement.

Didn’t orgeron have an llc or something?

Maybe that’s the way around it.

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Your analysis is very logical and reasonable. 

Therfore, it does not apply to aggy.

This decision had nothing to do with logic. It had everything to do with Big Brother. 

Exactly. I had a long-ass post a few pages back where I was able to deduce that this was the product of impulse and not strategy, and I speculate that the impulsive decision was motivated by fear, the timing of which, I believe, reveals that their specific fear was that Sark would beat Jimbo next year which would be too embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Didn’t orgeron have an llc or something?

Maybe that’s the way around it.

The way around it would be for someone other than the state of Texas co-signing on the debt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

27 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Well, I mean obviously it’s a rebuilding project. So of course it’s a construction contract. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1