• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The best part about those idiots (that helps us a lot) is the fact that their penis envy for Austin is what's keeping that program down. Every move they make is with Texas living rent free in their feeble minds. It's about "t.u.". it's always been about "t.u." and it's the thing that keeps them in their place. They can't see the big picture because of it. it's why we so easily passed them up before we even got there.
I'll be happy for them to dedicate all they have to one single game every year.

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

GAjgrXAWAAAiaaE?format=jpg&name=medium

They always bring up conspiracies about Texas favoritism but do they ever question the reasoning behind these conspiracies?

Why the assumed favoritism by SWC, Big 12, SEC, CFP commitie and media?

Because they know that Texas is the big chingon.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok I have been a proponent of firing coaches the minute it is obvious they need to be fired. I thought we should have fired Strong right after Kansas in 2016 and Herman right after he blew it against TCU and OU in 2020. But seeing how A&M has a bowl bid with nobody to coach the team and all the players quitting, I am now rethinking my position. Probably should have let Jimbo coach out the string.

Yeah the first thing I said about Jimbo's firing was that I was only surprised about the timing. So weird, and so aggy. The second thing I told my kid was that it was clear they had no actual plan and just pulled the trigger because they finally felt like they could ... and that he should get his popcorn, because the next few weeks/months/years would be some of the best comedy gold yet from the gift that keeps on giving. I knew it would be a clown show because it's never been anything but a clown show. They never disappoint.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Exhibit A of aggy delusion.  "Used to dominate the big 12 for the most part . . ." 

It appears that winning 1 conference championship in 16 seasons, compiling a conference winning percentage of approximately 54%, losing 10 of 16 games to Tech, and losing 11 of 16 games to Texas = domination in this sap's mind. 

Well in their defense, those goobers can write some amazing fan fiction when it comes to their program.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

More like the undeniable play and wins put the evil sips into the playoffs

image.png.3fe0d0923da7bed34760b7c80065e187.png

Nope, it's not.  Agy hired a potato as a head coach and their exit portal is filling up, while Texas recruiting is humming like a well oiled machine

image.png.95bf42969ee6ef5fd4c5e0753c96c449.png

Its like they WANT us to mock them....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

I don't think that the internet is quite the positive for aggy that they think it is.

You're gotdamn right. This is where s/m really shines. We've been trying to tell the rest of the world about aggy for  several decades. Now, they do all the work for us, voluntarily displaying their bizarre turditions, beliefs, hatefulness, and assorted other weirdness and stupidity for all to see.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, orangebird said:

So to recap the last week and a half:

• aggy tried to get Mike Stoops and whiffed
  • Massive dysfunction in the aggy athletic department between Bjork vs the BOR/Big CIgars, who didn't know about Stoops
  • aggy hires Elko
  • Petrino, Robinson, and other corches all announce their departures
  • aggy players begin entering the portal
  • aggy recruits begin flipping
  • Their most hated rival (us) wins its conference championship
  • Their most hated rival (us) gets a bid to the CFP

I know the Downfall meme has been completely overdone, but never has it been more apropos than it is for aggy after this entire turn of events.

simpsons-hook-it-to-my-veins.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

yeah I get it. Won't let me delete or I would. I have my reason for my hate I shouldn't subject others to it :)

For future reference, y'all can report your own posts and they'll delete them if you like, using the 3-dot dropdown menu at the top right of the post. Just tell 'em what you need in the comment box at the bottom. 

Edited by wood

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They keep saying Texas is the fraud and got in because of politics and media. I’m listening to some analysts and podcasts these last day or so, nearly everyone is saying they are fine with the top 4, but logically if FSU should be in then it’s Alabama that should have been left out and the top four should have been Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

I've seen plenty of comments that nobody should want to play Texas right now.  That two-game stretch seemingly changed a lot of minds.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Weak schedule".  That's rich.  Jeff Sagarin's rankings can lead to head-scratching at times, but they're not completely out to lunch -- here are his schedule strength rankings of the teams in question:

Michigan (56)

Washington (5)

Texas (4)

Alabama (12)

FSU (61)

Georgia (46)

Ohio State (36)

Oregon (25)

So, the hardest schedule of playoff contenders.  Good call, Ags.

... and aggy at 16. Not bad, but still not as tough as our schedule that they're complaining about.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've seen plenty of comments that nobody should want to play Texas right now.  That two-game stretch seemingly changed a lot of minds.

Really, it started with the 2nd half of ISU. Really, there should be some kind of award for that Jarod Hougher guy. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Texas beating Bama broke them.  It’s probably the biggest reason Texas made the playoffs despite having same record as Georgia and Bama and it annihilated their narrative that SEC was big boy football and that Texas needs to stay in the shallow end of the pool because we couldn’t hang.  I mean our bowl with Georgia proved that but “they didn’t want to be there” was used as the convenient excuse. 

In addition to beating Georgia, we should have beat Bama last year and could have beat the “best LSU/SEC team ever” 2 years before that. Even in our down years, we weren’t that far off.  

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, orangebird said:

• Massive dysfunction in the aggy athletic department between Bjork vs the BOR/Big CIgars, who didn't know about Stoops
  • aggy hires Elko

I know the Downfall meme has been completely overdone, but never has it been more apropos than it is for aggy after this entire turn of events.

Are we really taking the bolded part as truth?  Because it seems that originated from a texags thread, and I don't remember seeing anyone else actually report it.  Besides, Bjork would not still be employed if that really happened...

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

In addition to beating Georgia, we should have beat Bama last year and could have beat the “best LSU/SEC team ever” 2 years before that. Even in our down years, we weren’t that far off.  

I have been thinking that really the only difference between this team and last years team is this year we won those close games.

And had a functional passing game. That was nice to.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Are we really taking the bolded part as truth?  Because it seems that originated from a texags thread, and I don't remember seeing anyone else actually report it.  Besides, Bjork would not still be employed if that really happened...

Are you sure A&M governance didn't allow Bjork to negotiate a huge guaranteed buyout with himself? Seems like something they'd do and would explain why he's still there. 

47 minutes ago, orangebird said:

• aggy hires Elko

And it was all completely self-inflicted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Fair point, texags is a marginal source at best.  We'll probably never really know for sure.  I odn't remember if it was posted elsewhere, maybe Twitter/X?

But if there is any truth to be had in that, then they may be waiting a while until things stabilize in their athletic department before they give him the boot.  Kind of like a divorce situation where the estranged couple is stuck living in the same place for a while because they can't afford to move out.  That whole program is a raging dumpster fire right now, and they probably have more pressing fish to fry, like filling out Elko's assistants and trying to salvage what's left of their roster and recruiting class.

It's hard to say.

Just now, chainsaw said:

And it was all completely self-inflicted.

If stoops ever pulls off 9 or 10 wins and elko is at their 7.5 mean, the story will be told that them 'sips were a-scared of stoops at aggy and conspired to keep them from hiring him.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, orangebird said:

• aggy hires Elko

Should add in that none of Elko's assistants wanted to follow him to aggy.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Kel Varnsen said:

Should add in that none of his current assistants wanted to follow him to aggy.

You sure? They would rather stay at Duke or look elsewhere than go to A&M, a place famous for high salaries for coaches?

I am kind of fascinated how A&M is going to play against OSU. They can't forfeit again so...what are they going to do? Lose 84-0 or something? They have to find coaches to coach and players to play fast.

51 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Texas beating Bama broke them.  It’s probably the biggest reason Texas made the playoffs despite having same record as Georgia and Bama

Oh, I'd say it was pretty critical.  An 11-2 Texas isn't getting into the CFP if everything else stays the same.  But beating Alabama locked us in front of them despite our loss to OU.  And their beating Georgia is the only thing that vaulted us from 7 to 3.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I think Elko just hired two of them from Duke, the OL and CB coach. I don't know how many Duke assistants I'd be wanting if I was an Aggie fan, though. Can aim higher with that kind of pay pool.

Saw some comments from Northwestern fans that the OL coach was tied to the hip with Fitz and their fans were "begging Fitz to fire his ass for years."

At Northwestern. I'm sure he'll do fine now though

It will be guys who are buddies of Elko. That is how coaching works, you hire the guys (or people I guess, as there are some lady coaches now) you like to work with.

We've been through this with each of our head coaching hires. We have people dreaming of some kind of dream team coaching staff but we always just get the guys our coach knows and can work with.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It will be guys who are buddies of Elko. That is how coaching works, you hire the guys (or people I guess, as there are some lady coaches now) you like to work with.

We've been through this with each of our head coaching hires. We have people dreaming of some kind of dream team coaching staff but we always just get the guys our coach knows and can work with.

OC - Norm Chow
DC - Jon Gruden (he's good at offense, so he'll know defense, duh)

Edited by bad_teammate