Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

14 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Updating this now that the season is over. Through two years the ags #1 overall class is 12-13 which is 3 games worse than Florida's 2010 class that went 15-11 through thr same period. 

That Florida class finished 15-10 over the final two years. The aggies will need to win 19 games over the next two years to avoid becoming the worst #1 ranked class of all time.

Can they do it? 

I am not trying to be a smart ass with this question. I’m curious what others think. 

If more than 80% of a class is gone by year 4, do they still get credit for that record? I *think* ATM has already lost right around 50% of the 2022 class. I could see them losing 60+% of what’s left from it before the ball is ever snapped in the 2025 season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Voluminous Banality said:

You watched that giant goober flounder around in the booth for several minutes like an upright beached whale and that was your takeaway? Did he even answer a single question without leading with, "Yeah . . .," followed by boilerplate clichés? His profound recruiting insight, delivered in monotone: "We will recruit players in Texas; we will recruit players outside of Texas." He then capped off that painfully colorless commentary with kudos to Elijah Robinson for "holding it together during some very difficult times" and a recap of his inspirational introductory message to the team which basically consisted of, "Let's go be what we should be that we haven't been"? That's the guy you thought did well in the booth and didn't sound like an Ag?

image.jpeg.6213d57aa21aa43fea9ac57e0bb4eff0.jpeg

homer simpson mirror GIF

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am not trying to be a smart ass with this question. I’m curious what others think. 

If more than 80% of a class is gone by year 4, do they still get credit for that record? I *think* ATM has already lost right around 50% of the 2022 class. I could see them losing 60+% of what’s left from it before the ball is ever snapped in the 2025 season. 

A true Ship of Theseus example 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

13 of 32 of the 2022 class have transferred. 6 more leaving before 2025 would be 60%, which seems reasonable (at a minimum).

Aggie by Class tab:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1912575733

image.thumb.png.22fe06e9942e6d12dd2bc864c612a5f0.png

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, AP101S said:

13 of 32 of the 2022 class have transferred. 6 more leaving before 2025 would be 60%, which seems reasonable (at a minimum).

Aggie by Class tab:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1912575733

image.thumb.png.22fe06e9942e6d12dd2bc864c612a5f0.png

How many of those that played last night were doing so to get some notice and increase their transfer value when the portal opens?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's not looking forward to the next 3-4 years, but he has to grin and bear it to get that sweet buyout.

He could do it in two if he wants it bad enough. Two humiliating ass whippings by Texas and he can be in the Turks and Caicos before the 2025 bowl season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I've never seen a tweet that more epitomizes aggy.  The eternal unfounded optimism, the cringy humping "tradition" that everyone else sees as insane, the goofy looks on all their faces, and the cosplay wannabe military dress up for the corps where 70% brag about how the other 30% actually serve their country.  And of course, they lost the game this was from.

Edited by Zone Read
Additional thought
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

aggy 7-6…wins over…

4-8 New Mexico

2-10 UL Monroe

6-6 Auburn

4-8 Arkansas

5-7 South Carolina

5-7 Mississippi State

5-6 Abilene Christian

whoop!

Another winning season! Hang the banner. A couple of those can be recategorized as wins of course. 9-4 due to running out of time, a bad injury, or a stomach bug.

I've never seen a tweet that more epitomizes aggy.  The eternal unfounded optimism, the cringy humping "tradition" that everyone else sees as insane, the goofy looks on all their faces, and the cosplay wannabe military dress up for the corps where 70% brag about how the other 30% actually serve their country.

The corps unis don’t annoy me as much as the bedazzled overalls of the yell leaders.
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’d never really thought about it, but I guess it makes sense that they’d have freight elevators to the pressboxes. 

IMG_4045.jpeg

Can A&M not afford to hire someone to dress/style Elko?  You're making a scheduled appearance/recruiting pitch on national TV and look like this? Ok. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Can A&M not afford to hire someone to dress/style Elko?  You're making a scheduled appearance/recruiting pitch on national TV and look like this? Ok. 

Stoopid sip

A&M is about blue-collar, rough tough real stuff. Not 3-piece suits, manicures, and perfectly coiffed hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, markstanco said:

So like the Covid year where they finished 8-1?  Beat everybody with a losing record, gets blasted by Bama. 

They beat 3 teams with winning records, including North Carolina, which had its best players sitting out the bowl game.

Of the 9 teams they beat, 4 fired their coaches that season. 3 had first-year head coaches.

2020 was smoke and mirrors...and earned Jimbo Fisher $100MM. Cost TAMU much more than that, just not their dignity. They lost that a long time ago.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So like the Covid year where they finished 8-1?  Beat everybody with a losing record, gets blasted by Bama. 

Now to be fair they had glorious wins over 8-4 Florida by three points (same team OU beat by 30+) and by a 4 loss UNC team whose entire offense opted out of the Orange Bowl.  Per Liucci, that was an awesome team that should have been in the playoffs and was equivalent to Texas' 2023 team.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hey at least he's wearing a tshirt under his zip up unlike their last drunken slob HC.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Now to be fair they had glorious wins over 8-4 Florida by three points (same team OU beat by 30+) and by a 4 loss UNC team whose entire offense opted out of the Orange Bowl.  Per Liucci, that was an awesome team that should have been in the playoffs and was equivalent to Texas' 2023 team.

Didnt know Florida was 8-4, you just take for granted they will suck recently.  Covid helped a lot of shitty teams it seems. 

6 minutes ago, Horndog said:

How it started:

image.thumb.png.73b4e9c9af6b0bb8fd0deccddf513f68.png

How it ended:

"The final polluted drops of the Jimbo Fisher era swirled down the drain on Wednesday night."

https://texags.com/s/56359/dreadful-season-ends-as-no-20-cowboys-defeat-depleted-aggies-31-23/5

The next two sentences sum up the asinine, convoluted irrationality of the aggy mindset:

“Yet, in a 31-23 Texas Bowl loss to No. 20 Oklahoma State at NRG Stadium that severed the remaining ties to the failed Fisher regime, there were signs of hope and indications that better fortunes may await Texas A&M.

To be clear, there are no moral victories at Texas A&M, but the Aggies were down to fourth-string quarterback Marcel Reed, a skeleton crew defense, a lame duck coaching staff, trailing 24-6 at halftime and still were perhaps one fumble away from a chance at upsetting the Big 12 Conference runner-up.”

Another horrific paragraph:

“The Aggies’ potluck lineup, infested with backups, true freshmen and walk-ons, played with a passion not often seen in recent seasons.”

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, nnm said:

To be clear, there are no moral victories at Texas A&M, but the Aggies were down to fourth-string quarterback Marcel Reed, a skeleton crew defense, a lame duck coaching staff, trailing 24-6 at halftime and still were perhaps one fumble away from a chance at upsetting the Big 12 Conference runner-up there were several moral victories at Texas A&M.

Fixed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3