2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I haven't been  paying attention lately . . . how did the Cutcliffe saga turn out?

31 minutes ago, TriStone said:

^^
Same question popped in my head last night.  I figured no news was bad news in this case.

No one's hired him yet, nor has he said he wants to retire. No news is no news.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

It seems like Sark runs a tight ship. We tend to find out support staff moves weeks after they’ve been made.

Well, then there's Gary Patterson, unless he was already hired by the time the rumors started floating about that Sark might hire him.

All this plus he might have learned a lesson with the Stoops attempted hire. 

Humidor (Patterson notes and general sunshine)

Spoiler

Offseason continues as we near spring ball less than a month away.

This week was similar to last week; three lifts, two team runs, and good intensity and energy.

We’re in the part of the calendar where info isn’t exactly flying off the shelves but there’s always intrigue.

What’s Gary Patterson up to?
He’s there every day. He’s really interactive. He’s learning everybody, getting a good feel for the program. He seems intent on building relationships. He’s in the meetings with the coaches. You can definitely feel he’s a part of the program.

He has a track record in S&C. Is he around the weight room? Does he have any influence in programming?
He’s around strength and conditioning and in the weight room, definitely. I’m not sure if he influenced the lifting regiment.

IT has heard he’s fond of Pete Kwiatkowski and the defensive staff overall.
He is. I know if his opinion was asked of whether or not Texas should make a change on defense, he’d say they shouldn’t. He’s of the belief UT had personnel issues.

Has he worked with the players much?
I know he’s had some interactions with the guys on technical things but not a whole lot. I think he’s still getting his bearings. Key takeaway with Patterson is he’s not in Austin to mail it in. He’s becoming one of the guys and taking a real interest in the players.

Overall, are the coaches harder on the players this spring?
At first they were, but now it seems the players are harder on each other. They’re trying to cultivate a player driven culture.

Some player notes: We hear Maalik Murphy is in a boot. What’s going on?
He arrived with an injury and it’s still healing. Nothing to be worried about.

We ask every week: any youngsters standing out?
I’ve heard good things about Jaydon Blue recently. He’s pushing himself more; doing better keeping up with the older guys.

He’s in a good room.
If only every room had a Roschon and a Bijan. Maybe in time.

What about Larry Turner-Gooden?
He’s working hard to get back to being the guy Texas offered. He’s missed so much time but he’s full-go right now. Word is he’s smart and a quick study. He’s also pretty popular with the guys already.

He was likable as a recruit for sure. Anything else?
No, not really. Just a lot of guys putting their head down and working and trying to get stronger. Ah, that reminds me. Someone told me Terrance Brooks power cleaned 305.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

IT has heard he’s fond of Pete Kwiatkowski and the defensive staff overall.
He is. I know if his opinion was asked of whether or not Texas should make a change on defense, he’d say they shouldn’t. He’s of the belief UT had personnel issues.

Like we'd hear otherwise. "Apparently, Gary Patterson doesn't think all that much of PK, and wants his job."

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Like we'd hear otherwise. "Apparently, Gary Patterson doesn't think all that much of PK, and wants his job."

True, but I think Patterson's methods mesh pretty well with K's methods. Get athletes on the field and attack. I think it can be a good match. 

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

True, but I think Patterson's methods mesh pretty well with K's methods. Get athletes on the field and attack. I think it can be a good match. 

When the staff was put together, I was wondering where the asshole coaches were. Lot of player friendly coaches, Patterson helps balance that out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

We ask every week: any youngsters standing out?
I’ve heard good things about Jaydon Blue recently. He’s pushing himself more; doing better keeping up with the older guys.

He’s in a good room.
If only every room had a Roschon and a Bijan. Maybe in time.

I'll be honest. I didn't have much hope that Jaydon Blue would ever make it to campus, or even if he did I figured that he'd never contribute after skipping his senior season. So even if this is sunshine pumping at it's finest, it's at least trending in the right direction. He does have a chance to be a special talent.

Edited by Hornlover

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Jordan Hudson portal yet?

That whole thing was so silly. I get kids don’t know any better, but an adult in his and the other Garland kids life should’ve advised them to not to base their decision so much on a position coach, especially one with so much obvious upward mobility potential.

It happened a little quicker than most thought, but there was always zero chance Samples stayed at TCU longer than a year or two.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Rod Wright hired as the DL coach at Miami

Also I missed it before but Frank Okam is the new DL coach for the Raiders

Good for those guys and good for us to have on the radar if Bo ever leaves

Two of my absolute favorites.  This fucks!

• Hook 'Em 1