Fuck You, Jerry Jones

TrashMaster G

Jerry coddles them. They are soft. He loves "his guys" and people dont get held accountable the right way. He doesnt say "hey were trying to win here and if you get in the way of it youre gone". Fuck ups are allowed and people dont get replaced. Any other team would have been looking for options at LG since last year but they just had to keep Williams and McCgovern, both who fucking suck at the position. They probably both suck Jerrys balls regularly. And wtf happened to Terrance Steele? He should have stayed starting at RT. But, nope, Jerry just looooooves Lael Collins so much that he had to give his dumb undeserving ass the starting spot back.

Edited by Pam Cummings

13 hours ago, futureman said:

I think y’all should appreciate Jerry. He’s charming and funny and entertaining. Not the best GM but he’s a character. When he dies we get Stephen, who is dumber than daddy with none of the charm. It’s only gonna get worse. 

Cal McNair on line 1.

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Is anyone in here bragging about making the most money today??  Yea so you do, over half your fans also can’t afford to go to your games so none of your home games have real home field advantage and visitors or local Texas fans of other teams buy all the tickets.   Still want to brag about Jerry world and money?  You should be embarrassed that a playoff game isn’t even a real home game for you more than anything, cause 0 other teams have that issue and no it’s not because you’re popular…

Texas Football fans like to talk about money. Similar result. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don’t even want to discuss anything like that at this particular time. … That’s not on the table. [B]The game speaks for itself,[/b]” Jones told reporters after the defeat

No shit. Hence, reporters are asking you about firing McCarthy because the team looks like they are "coached" by an incompetent knob.

So the last 7 playoff exits include:

2006 - fumbled XP snap at the end of the game.

2007 - lost despite giving up only 230 yards on defense

2009 - Fstomped by the Vikings

2014 - Dez "no catch"

2016 - Defensive breakdown to Aaron Rodgers with 1 second left

2018 - Couldn't stop one effing type of run play

2020 - Couldn't get the snap off at the end

Absolutely amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

They want it, but Jerry wants to do it in a way that he can take credit.

So, the problem is that he wants credit more than he wants to win.

Disagree with the last part. He wants to win, he wants the credit, but it’s because he genuinely believes that he’s better than anyone else and cannot fathom that someone else might be better. He’s a textbook narcissist with too much money and who has surrounded himself with people who tell him he’s the smartest person in any room. There is no possible fix when your leader is this far gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

I knew we were going to lose when we won the coin toss and kicked the ball. Losers mentality

Differing is usually the smart play, if you study Belichick. It’s how he figured out how to beat Manning. If you get the last possession of the half you control momentum and hopefully score. You then get the ball to start and hopefully score again.

Two other advantages: if you are visitor, the home crowd is still taking a leak or in line for a beer for kickoff, reducing their noise level. And if you manage the clock right, the opposing QB is on the bench for 45 minutes or so, getting cold and falling behind. It drove Peyton nuts to be on the sidelines that long.

Of course, you need to have a decent defense and stop them. Which the Cowboys do, but didn’t.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Differing is usually the smart play, if you study Belichick. It’s how he figured out how to beat Manning. If you get the last possession of the half you control momentum and hopefully score. You then get the ball to start and hopefully score again.

Two other advantages: if you are visitor, the home crowd is still taking a leak or in line for a beer for kickoff, reducing their noise level. And if you manage the clock right, the opposing QB is on the bench for 45 minutes or so, getting cold and falling behind. It drove Peyton nuts to be on the sidelines that long.

Of course, you need to have a decent defense and stop them. Which the Cowboys do, but didn’t.

I think it was more likely Tom Brady

Is anyone in here bragging about making the most money today??  Yea so you do, over half your fans also can’t afford to go to your games so none of your home games have real home field advantage and visitors or local Texas fans of other teams buy all the tickets.   Still want to brag about Jerry world and money?  You should be embarrassed that a playoff game isn’t even a real home game for you more than anything, cause 0 other teams have that issue and no it’s not because you’re popular…

There were 93000 at the game yesterday. Maybe 10%-15% were Niner fans, not unexpected with the number of Cali refugees moving here. As far as making tix affordable, that is a concept that left pro sports years ago. The 30000 SRO tix at $30 are a great bargain that doesn’t exist in many other venues.

When was the last time you actually went to an NFL game? All NFL games these days will attract several thousand folks for the visiting team and Dallas always pulls great at any city. Did you not see Steeler fans at KC? Raiders fans at Cincy.?

More prevalent now as unused corporate tix get sold online instead of given to lower level employees if execs don’t use.

14 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

They couldn't stop shit yesterday.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

There were 93000 at the game yesterday. Maybe 10%-15% were Niner fans, not unexpected with the number of Cali refugees moving here. As far as making tix affordable, that is a concept that left pro sports years ago. The 30000 SRO tix at $30 are a great bargain that doesn’t exist in many other venues.

When was the last time you actually went to an NFL game? All NFL games these days will attract several thousand folks for the visiting team and Dallas always pulls great at any city. Did you not see Steeler fans at KC? Raiders fans at Cincy.?

More prevalent now as unused corporate tix get sold online instead of given to lower level employees if execs don’t use.

Bullshit that seemed more like 55% Niner fans. I have pictures.

1 hour ago, BigSwingingD said:

It's @RGBIIIs fault. He portaled over this season from the Texans.  I knew we were fucked the minute he took his talents to Dallas.

That, and, McCarthy is a fat fucking regard and Jerruh is a shitty coach/gm.

You are not wrong. I am used to absolute embarrassment and disappointment. That sticks with a man

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That was the weirdest god damn thing. Your team is down by 6 with over 4 minutes left...why the fuck are you crying? Why are you crying about professional sports period over the age of 12 for that matter? Most importantly, why the fuck is CBS broadcasting this clearly unstable woman on national television?

She probably had the house on Dallas -3.  Happens. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Yup, the boss move is to trust your defense to make a quick stop and get the crowd going, in addition to having the end of the first half start of the second half double whammy. Our defense was absolute trash especially that first drive. I knew it was over right then.

Uhhh back it up there pard'. The downhill fall was the day he bought it, and then fired coach Landry...

I couldn’t disagree more. I loved Landry, but JJ got them 3 Super Bowls. It’s tough to argue against that kind of success. Downhill began when Jerry convinced himself he was a football guy and could do what Jimmy did. Fuck Jerry jones forever.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I couldn’t disagree more. I loved Landry, but JJ got them 3 Super Bowls. It’s tough to argue against that kind of success. Downhill began when Jerry convinced himself he was a football guy and could do what Jimmy did. Fuck Jerry jones forever.

Well, yeah he did hire the guy that did that.  I grew up with Landry on the sidelines though.

I'll agree to stipulate that post firing of Landry when he fired Jimmy was the real downhill.

15 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

13 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Bullshit that seemed more like 55% Niner fans. I have pictures.

I'd say it was somewhere between 25% and 35% niner fans. There were a lot, but nowhere near majority SF fans and they didn't even come close to having a home field advantage from a noise standpoint. And as has been discussed, welcome to NFL 2022.

And I wouldn't waste any more time arguing with that dumbass @Hook1997 if I were you. He already got owned in the game thread so you'd think he would have learned something. But given his clear lack of intellect, I guess it's not surprising he's tripling down on stupid in another thread. Waste of server space.

36 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Uhhh back it up there pard'. The downhill fall was the day he bought it, and then fired coach Landry...

Nope.

At the time (and yes, I’m that old) I would have agreed with you. I thought Tom Landry was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But the hard truth is that the league had figured out his innovations and it was time for him to honorably retire. (I wish it would have gone down that way.)

But Jimmy Johnson was a worthy successor. Different attitude, different culture, different game plan. And more important, he brought in a WINNING attitude, culture, & game plan.

But it was Jimmy that put those ‘90’s Super Bowl wins together (including the “legacy” wins under Switzer). Jerry just picked up the tab.

But Jimmy got too much credit for Jerry’s tastes and Jerry just had to go and eff it up. Screw him and his ego and the fact that despite putting an inferior product on the field for going on 30 years, he still owns the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

As a kid, I LOVED the Dallas Cowboys. Now, I watch to see Jerry get humiliated* and they never disappoint.

*And Jerry benefits from the ratings.

38 minutes ago, Hate said:

So here is the $64,000,000 question for Cowboys fans....

In 1989 the Cowboys were on a sharp downward slide, the first in the Landry era.  At that point, if someone told you a new owner could come in and the Cowboys would play in a win 3 Super Bowls over the next 33 years, would you take it?

I'm going to assume that if you were given the further detail that those three would come in the first six years, followed by 25+ years of futility, the answer would have been something along the lines of "Fuck that!"

Jimmy is on record saying that he was not going to be a long term coach in Dallas. He always viewed it as temporary, but did that timeline get sped up because of Jerry’s mouth and ego? Probably. I don’t think Jimmy walks away from a chance at 3 in a row without Jerry basically taking all of the credit at the owners meetings that winter in Orlando. Jimmy had enough at that point. Fuck Jerry jones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Jerry Jimmy Barry thing is a weird dynamic going back to their time at Arkansas. Jimmy is a genius, much like Bill Walsh, an educated industrial psychologist who also played for Frank Broyles, a great football psychologist. Jimmy has stated repeatedly that he was exhausted and had no interest in staying for a three-pear. The only job he ever stayed for over five years has been Fox.
Jerry is the greatest salesman I ever met and driven for risk.

The split was fueled by money and alcohol and success. The famous “incident” in Atlanta was a bunch of ego and alcohol. Folks forget the last year Jimmy was in media constantly whining about credit, publicly lobbying in season for the new Jags gig, and really acting out. Jerry tried to placate him. Jimmy forgot the Golden Rule, that Jerry was the owner and GM. It’s a damn shame because they were better together and might have won five in a row.

And except for Troy, once they met Barry, they loved playing for him. Because he wasn’t a hard ass and treated them like men. Most used that to act like fools though. I respect Barry for all he achieved because of his horrific childhood. His mother kissed him good night then blew her brains out.

Landry was in decline and should have quit after The Catch. The cult of personality he built in Texas is nuts; he was a good coach who had flaws like all of us. He refused to change the Flex, which he developed in the 50’s, to fit the new game. His offense was dated. His worst flaw was making players fit the scheme instead of figuring out scheme to fit players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

I'd say it was somewhere between 25% and 35% niner fans. There were a lot, but nowhere near majority SF fans and they didn't even come close to having a home field advantage from a noise standpoint. And as has been discussed, welcome to NFL 2022.

And I wouldn't waste any more time arguing with that dumbass @Hook1997 if I were you. He already got owned in the game thread so you'd think he would have learned something. But given his clear lack of intellect, I guess it's not surprising he's tripling down on stupid in another thread. Waste of server space.

Since it was easy to contrast the white with the red it seemed higher since I missed the dark blue. So it looks like you're closer to the actual percentage but here it is from a photo.

ACA62F64-276B-4C66-B1FC-3C0A47A1A46F.jpeg

Edited by DanTheHorn

You respect Barry Switzer for all he achieved because of his horrific childhood?

Barry Switzer has been in securities court for insider trading. 
Barry Switzer has been in criminal court for taking a gun into an airplane. 
Barry Switzer has wrecked families besides his own. 
Barry Switzer knows no way to win in college that doesn’t involve cheating in recruiting.  
Barry Switzer was removed from OU because he let the doping, raping and shooting (his words) get out of hand. 
Barry Switzer learned the Wishbone from Emory Bellard, because Royal wanted to help his alma mater. Switzer repaid Royal by spying on his practices and belittling him in public. 

What exactly did Switzer accomplish that earned your respect?