Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

7 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Filoni is playing with fire bringing Anakin/Vader into a story at a point in time beyond Vader’s redemption.  I’m sure he is fully aware of this and won’t fuck it up.  Please don’t fuck it up.  

Anakin showing up the episode prior to one that is directed by Filoni (episode 5) means it’s gonna be a banger 

• Hook 'Em 3

Filoni is playing with fire bringing Anakin/Vader into a story at a point in time beyond Vader’s redemption.  I’m sure he is fully aware of this and won’t fuck it up.  Please don’t fuck it up.  

I mean didn’t the sequels pretty much take a giant shit on the redemption when they made Palps alive again? It was all for nothing. giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Luke lived and didn’t turn.  Vader saved his son. 

Then he fucked up his sister and best friend's kid, became a crotchety old hermit squeezing blue milk tits and being a bitch to the nice hot English girl who showed up looking for his help in redeeming the kid he fucked up who then also had to die because somehow Palpatine returned.  

Just for once let's go no redemption arc....somebody breaks bad, blaster to the face.  If it has to be Sabine so be it.  

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I'm guessing this is some kind of Jedi-specific world or state between life and death. I have faith he won't fuck something this major up.

3 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

From Gizmodo 

Spoiler

At the very end of the episode, we see her wake up and stand on a floating bridge of translucent energy, in a fantastical stellar anomaly filled with similar bridges.

This is a place that is known to Ahsoka, as much as it is to Star Wars Rebels fans. Dubbed in ancient Jedi texts as a Vergence Scatter, it’s more commonly known by a more poetic name: the World Between Worlds, and it’s where she is reunited with none other than her former Jedi master, Anakin Skywalker.

An extraplanar reality within the Cosmic Force itself, the World Between Worlds connected, and existed outside, the very fabric of time and space. A nexus of incredible Force power, the plane housed gateways to crucial moments across past, present, and future—sometimes manifesting as echoed voices, sometimes as literal windows across spacetime that seemingly changed and shaped themselves around the Force user that had accessed the realm in the first place.

The World Between Worlds existed, seemingly, outside of the Light/Dark binary prescribed to the Force by practitioners like the Jedi and the Sith, and portals to the realm could be found in places with particular ties to the Force—regardless of alignment, including places like Lothal, which housed a Jedi Temple, and Malachor, an ancient stronghold of the Sith. This connection to the Cosmic Force was noted on Lothal by the entrance to the portal connecting physical reality to the World Between Worlds—artwork depicting a triumvirate of ancient cosmic beings from the planet Mortis known only as the Father, the Daughter, and the Son, physical embodiments of different aspects of the Force.

The gateways the World Between Worlds housed could allow whoever had gained access to the plane to manipulate those specific moments in time... if they chose to do so.

the World Between Worlds first debuted in Star Wars Rebels season four, in a 2018 episode naturally called “A World Between Worlds.” Accessing the plane through the gateway on his home world of Lothal, Ezra bore witness to the capabilities of the World Between Worlds when he pulled none other than Ahsoka Tano herself out of time and space and into the realm—seemingly saving her from certain death at the hands of Darth Vader during their duel on the planet Malachor, first depicted in Rebels’ season two finale, “Twilight of the Apprentice.” There, Ahsoka and Ezra chose different paths—Ezra left the World Between Worlds after deciding that he couldn’t manipulate past events to save his master Kanan from his own recent death, and resolved to destroy Lothal’s gateway to the realm so the Empire couldn’t get their hands on it.

Ahsoka meanwhile, remained in the realm for a while, before re-emerging from it back in her own time on Malachor. There she, with the help of the spiritual animal Morai—a small owl-like creature called the Convor that was the spiritual embodiment of the Mortis Daughter, who had saved Ahsoka’s life in a prior encounter during The Clone Wars—discovered another gateway on the world back into the World Between Worlds.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

From Gizmodo 

Hide contents

At the very end of the episode, we see her wake up and stand on a floating bridge of translucent energy, in a fantastical stellar anomaly filled with similar bridges.

This is a place that is known to Ahsoka, as much as it is to Star Wars Rebels fans. Dubbed in ancient Jedi texts as a Vergence Scatter, it’s more commonly known by a more poetic name: the World Between Worlds, and it’s where she is reunited with none other than her former Jedi master, Anakin Skywalker.

An extraplanar reality within the Cosmic Force itself, the World Between Worlds connected, and existed outside, the very fabric of time and space. A nexus of incredible Force power, the plane housed gateways to crucial moments across past, present, and future—sometimes manifesting as echoed voices, sometimes as literal windows across spacetime that seemingly changed and shaped themselves around the Force user that had accessed the realm in the first place.

The World Between Worlds existed, seemingly, outside of the Light/Dark binary prescribed to the Force by practitioners like the Jedi and the Sith, and portals to the realm could be found in places with particular ties to the Force—regardless of alignment, including places like Lothal, which housed a Jedi Temple, and Malachor, an ancient stronghold of the Sith. This connection to the Cosmic Force was noted on Lothal by the entrance to the portal connecting physical reality to the World Between Worlds—artwork depicting a triumvirate of ancient cosmic beings from the planet Mortis known only as the Father, the Daughter, and the Son, physical embodiments of different aspects of the Force.

The gateways the World Between Worlds housed could allow whoever had gained access to the plane to manipulate those specific moments in time... if they chose to do so.

the World Between Worlds first debuted in Star Wars Rebels season four, in a 2018 episode naturally called “A World Between Worlds.” Accessing the plane through the gateway on his home world of Lothal, Ezra bore witness to the capabilities of the World Between Worlds when he pulled none other than Ahsoka Tano herself out of time and space and into the realm—seemingly saving her from certain death at the hands of Darth Vader during their duel on the planet Malachor, first depicted in Rebels’ season two finale, “Twilight of the Apprentice.” There, Ahsoka and Ezra chose different paths—Ezra left the World Between Worlds after deciding that he couldn’t manipulate past events to save his master Kanan from his own recent death, and resolved to destroy Lothal’s gateway to the realm so the Empire couldn’t get their hands on it.

Ahsoka meanwhile, remained in the realm for a while, before re-emerging from it back in her own time on Malachor. There she, with the help of the spiritual animal Morai—a small owl-like creature called the Convor that was the spiritual embodiment of the Mortis Daughter, who had saved Ahsoka’s life in a prior encounter during The Clone Wars—discovered another gateway on the world back into the World Between Worlds.

I watched all of CW and Rebels, so I understand all of that.   My point is that in the greater SW story, we are beyond the point in time where Vader had his redemption.    Bringing any version of Anakin into the story now risks cheapening that, even in a space-time nexus.  

12 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Filoni is playing with fire bringing Anakin/Vader into a story at a point in time beyond Vader’s redemption.  I’m sure he is fully aware of this and won’t fuck it up.  

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

Anakin showing up the episode prior to one that is directed by Filoni (episode 5) means it’s gonna be a banger 

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm guessing this is some kind of Jedi-specific world or state between life and death. I have faith he won't fuck something this major up.

Filoni wrote some really good Anakin and Ahsoka storylines and moments in Clone Wars and Rebels, and no doubt he has planned this for a while. It might not be full-on epic, but he wont mess it up either.

Gotta say Ray Stevenson's performance as Baylon has been damn good.  He has elevated what is turning into a very interesting character.  Requiescat in pace.

• Like 1

Not so sure I agree. I still like the Aniken/Vader character and we don’t know how this will play out. He simply could be a memory of hers reminding her of their early challenges and attachments to one another that was different from the other Jedi (luminara/baris) and how those attachments can be both rewarding and risky in times of conflict.

17 minutes ago, huge said:

He's says he's no Jedi, but he still acts like a knight.  

Even the way he fought was like what a knight would do. It's more classic sword fighting that I think Star Wars has missed. The Shin/Sabine fights have also been good.  

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, mdmost said:

So next episode might be kind of a big deal?

Episode 5 is directed by Filoni AND they are showing it in theaters? Gonna be fucking banger.

We're obviously getting Anakin and, if I were a betting man, I'd say this is when Thrawn will be appearing for the first time.

23 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Does Baylan's character have a long defined storyline in the books? Just wondering if they'll kill him off because of Stevenson's death or have him disappear, change actors (God no), etc.. 

He's completely new character for "Ahsoka." Perhaps Filoni wrapped up his storyline in this series (which I doubt), otherwise.... who knows how he'll handle it.

11 minutes ago, Dutch said:

He's completely new character for "Ahsoka." Perhaps Filoni wrapped up his storyline in this series (which I doubt), otherwise.... who knows how he'll handle it.

If that's the case then we'll most likely see him die. Curious if that was the plan all a long or if they had to re-do some stuff after the fact. 

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If that's the case then we'll most likely see him die. Curious if that was the plan all a long or if they had to re-do some stuff after the fact. 

Filming on season 1 wrapped last October and they were well into post-production when he died in May; seems like not much time to really do anything about it after the fact.

So yeah if his character survives season 1, it will be really interesting to see how they handle it. He's such an awesome character I'm really hoping the character doesn't survive so they don't have to do some weird shit (re-casting or face replacement or whatever).

Would be cool to get a "young Baylen" story at some point... someone pointed out on Reddit how Henry Cavill would be awesome as a young Baylen.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

image.thumb.jpeg.3ce4fced75f26067a2b04f743904ef0b.jpeg

Why did they cast a (possibly chubby) Indian guy to play Ezra, and why did they not de-age him for the recording that Sabine watches? Ezra was ~16 at the end of Rebels and this video looks like a 30 year old computer science postdoc that enjoys playing d&d at his friend’s mom’s house. 

• Haha 2

I rewatched World Between Worlds and the Rebels finale last night. I forgot that Palpatine had the Jedi temple wall from Lothal moved onto Thrawn’s Star destroyer when he tried to seduce Ezra to open the portal again and join his parents. The wall kind of crumbled, but I wonder if Ahsoka and Anakin can open it up from their side and just pop out on Thrawn’s ship in the other galaxy. They might as well open up a portal at street level of Coruscant year 18BBY to catch a falling Mace Windu, and then maybe grab a couple more old Jedi before beating the shit out of Thrawn. 
image.gif.76671480cee3f3c367b99cea6a632242.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3ce4fced75f26067a2b04f743904ef0b.jpeg

Why did they cast a (possibly chubby) Indian guy to play Ezra, and why did they not de-age him for the recording that Sabine watches? Ezra was ~16 at the end of Rebels and this video looks like a 30 year old computer science postdoc that enjoys playing d&d at his friend’s mom’s house. 

He’s not chubby. He also is a Texas Ex. Born and raised in Texas too 

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Man it sucks so much that he died.  He's carrying the scenes he's in.

“Is that a note of fear in your voice?” 

“Experience” 

———

“Have a little faith”

”Faith? I lost that a long time ago”

He absolutely carries the scenes he is in. Rays delivery for his lines are damn good. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Good episode but Ahsoka losing to Baylon wasn't believable for me.  

She was equally matched until she burned her hand and couldn't use two arms of strength in the duel. Baylon pretty quickly overwhelmed her once she was down to one hand

Also as an aside - it's kind of weird that they showed the orb to be so difficult to destroy. It wouldn't have mattered if Sabine had shot it or not, so it somewhat justifies her decision to not listen to Ahsoka and give Baylon the orb

Since we are just dishing our senseless thoughts waiting for Ep5, it's ironic of the Jedi mantra that they should abandon all love relationships because it can lead one to the dark side ended up being the reason that the Force was finally brought back to balance. Yes, Anakin's fear of Padme dying helped turn him to the dark side but his sadness and love for his son inspired him throw the Emperor like a paper airplane off the a roof and "saved" the galaxy. It was because of his attachment to his son is made him act. 

Sabine's attachment to Ezra clouded her judgement and allowed the enemy to get the coordinates. I have a feeling Sabine's storyline is going to ape Anakin-Darth-Anakin story line with her feelings for Ezra saving the day. In which case, it mocks that whole Jedi tenant, a tenant which Ahsoka though not a Jedi still preaches.

Damn, I need a life.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Since we are just dishing our senseless thoughts waiting for Ep5, it's ironic of the Jedi mantra that they should abandon all love relationships because it can lead one to the dark side ended up being the reason that the Force was finally brought back to balance. Yes, Anakin's fear of Padme dying helped turn him to the dark side but his sadness and love for his son inspired him throw the Emperor like a paper airplane off the a roof and "saved" the galaxy. It was because of his attachment to his son is made him act. 

Sabine's attachment to Ezra clouded her judgement and allowed the enemy to get the coordinates. I have a feeling Sabine's storyline is going to ape Anakin-Darth-Anakin story line with her feelings for Ezra saving the day. In which case, it mocks that whole Jedi tenant, a tenant which Ahsoka though not a Jedi still preaches.

Damn, I need a life.

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Damn, I need a life.

Um... that's kinda one of the themes...

37 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Not sure how else you miss that she's literally fighting one handed toward the end.

And thought Sabine was possibly dead. Add to that Baylon's able to read people's thoughts and fears so he's already trying to make her doubt herself. 

Ray Stevenson is so goddamn good in this that it makes me irrationally angry again about how he wasn't cast in GoT as Victarion.

The whole knight aesthetic with the way he fights with the lightsaber was *chefs kiss*.  Really enjoying the Shin gal and her look, too.  Whomever is in control of the costumes is knocking it out of the park.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1