Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

To the extent there was still any question about whether Putin is still a rational actor who just badly miscalculated or is he insane, I think we have our answer.

This seems like the kind of thing that the international community might have to step in on if this plant blows up. This is just all so sad to witness. 

16 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

To the extent there was still any question about whether Putin is still a rational actor who just badly miscalculated or is he insane, I think we have our answer.

Turns out that while he was infecting Trump with his authoritarianism, Trump was infecting him with his abject stupidity. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Russia is a skinny, pimply-faced, scraggly mustached, loser with a gun.

Can we beat him in every possible way?  Yep.  We could pummel his ass (apparently without him even throwing more than a couple of punches back).  We get better women.  We drive a better car than his tricked out 87 Camaro.  We make more money....by a factor of 10 or more.  We're faster, we're stronger, we smell better, our dick's bigger, etc. etc. etc.

BUT....he's an insecure little punk with a gun.  Which he thinks makes him a big shot, in spite of the fact that he's pathetic in literally every other way.  And if we lord it over him TOO much, he'll pull it out and shoot.  And no matter how much bigger we are, a gun is a fucking equalizer.  If Russia didn't have nukes, it would be what it is otherwise: a backwater kleptocracy with a bunch of petroleum, drunk people, and surprisingly good poets.  We could knock it down for the count with littler effort.....but that pesky gun......

By firing on a nuclear power plant, he's also firing on his own troops and probably many European countries who will be affected by radiation.  He's cray, and again, I don't trust him with nuclear codes.  Have to wait until he uses one but he's not far off.  He's sacrificing the lives of his military on suicide missions to destroy a nuclear factory.  

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

One way or another Putin is not long for this world.

It's a question of how many does he wanna take with him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Turns out that while he was infecting Trump with his authoritarianism, Trump was infecting him with his abject stupidity. 

Putin wasn't aware of the Midas contrasted Trump touch, where everything Trump touches turns to shit.  The chess player got Trumped.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I wonder if China is still feeling good about giving Russia the green light on this.  Hard to believe they are fine with a nuclear meltdown in their backyard 

They are gearing up to take Taiwan

• Like 1

Global pandemic. Violent insurrection. Collapsing grid infrastructure. Massive land war in Europe involving a nuclear superpower. Battle raging at a nuclear plant. The vast majority of the GQP want TFG to run again, and he’ll win.

Y’all ready for the ledge yet?

• Drool 1

@Trey3216 Would you care to discuss other groups such as the NRA that the Kremlin funneled money to? Or discuss how Putin's Internet Research Agency actively supported Trump's election? I mean, if you're going to try to CR the DT thread, you might as well discuss it openly.

aside from the cruelty of scorching massive holes in apartment buildings and such, it's terribly inefficient to waste time/energy/ammo on these targets. 

The US at the outset knocked out all Iraqi air fields, command and control and other vital military assets. Russia isn't doing that, they can't, they're hopelessly incompetent and disorganized.  They cannot defend their convoys and infantry with helicopter support.  What a garbage army.  Ukrainian jets need to cross into Russia and hit assets, maybe even the Kremlin. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

@Trey3216 Would you care to discuss other groups such as the NRA that the Kremlin funneled money to? Or discuss how Putin's Internet Research Agency actively supported Trump's election? I mean, if you're going to try to CR the DT thread, you might as well discuss it openly.

Not trying to CR shit.  Was discussing two very specific and pertinent things to this war and the current actions.  

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Global pandemic. Violent insurrection. Collapsing grid infrastructure. Massive land war in Europe involving a nuclear superpower. Battle raging at a nuclear plant. The vast majority of the GQP want TFG to run again, and he’ll win.

If I survive all this shit the ledge can get fucked. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Not trying to CR shit.  Was discussing two very specific and pertinent things to this war and the current actions.  

I can understand what you're saying and agree/know that Putin has supported portions of those movements. But understand that when you start getting into how he's tried to influence US policies, you begin to open the discussion up to other shit he's tried to fuck with that are also pertinent to this war like undermining support for NATO/EU.

Please, just don't go there in the DT thread. It's actually been pretty fantastic and very informative. Others have tiptoed the line on both sides, but I felt that comment went too far.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love the concern I see promulgated on media & social media where people don't understand how Putin could subject his own troops to the risks associated with firefights near a major nuclear plant.

When . . . ever? . . . has anyone seen evidence that Putin gives a damn about anyone, including his own troops?  His soldiers are capital to be spent.  He gives no shits.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I trust the rational people in this to stave off a world war.

Also if he wants to run again I’ll happily vote against him again and so will enough other Americans who do not want him in the Oval Office again. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I love the concern I see promulgated on media & social media where people don't understand how Putin could subject his own troops to the risks associated with firefights near a major nuclear plant.

When . . . ever? . . . has anyone seen evidence that Putin gives a damn about anyone, including his own troops?  His soldiers are capital to be spent.  He gives no shits.

Some genius said if his troops are in Ukraine he would never use a nuke there.  He gives as much about his soldiers from bumblefuck, Russia as he does any of Ukraines soldiers - as in zero fucks.  Why anybody thinks he will act rationally as this spirals out of control is beyond me. 

• Like 1

Watching Don Lemon on CNN is a recipe for heartburn.  He's interviewing Lt. Gen Mark Hertling (Ret) and both seem incapable of ignoring their own moral compass.  "How could Putin do this?" etc.  

PUTIN DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT.  He commands an army that will do his bidding.  His foot soldiers are dimwitted thugs who don't know better.  Ergo, they are lighting a nuclear plant on fire.  Lost lives, of any flavor, are pebbles on a beach.  There are plenty more where they came from.

I would love to see our media do a better job of not mapping our ethics onto others.  I would hope that our senior leaders absolutely know not to do this.  I fear I'm naive.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

s4IzUjo.gif

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

We're going to need to add an addendum. The Health Of Everyone Slavic act. To embed scientists to monitor radiation leaks at the plants. Please call your congressman and ask him to vote yes on BOATS and HOES. 

I couldn’t get there but I knew one of you would

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You and brakeman should get a room. 

Buckey, I know where it goes. Don't point that shit at me.

You don't want toons, stay out of the 

Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

It's easy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2