Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

That video doesn't sound like a non realistic depiction of what's going on, the commentary is over the top. What that dude described was an active combat zone and admitting deserting. 

I don't think anyone who volunteers to the foreign legion is going and thinks it's just shooting Russians in a Barrell. Ukraine has lost thousands of soldiers, it just seems like from what we know the Russians are losing 10k+. Anyone who has seen any of the pictures knows Russians are leveling cities - they are being completely blasted by artillery and missiles. 

58 minutes ago, immamac said:

...it's just shooting Russians in a Barrell. ...

Barrel Craft Spirits 15Yr Cask Strength Bourbon 750ml ...

I don't think it would be shooting as much as pickling if they were in a Barrell.

Seriously though, as the conflict is ongoing, it seems difficult to determine accurate numbers with either group.

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is what bugs me the most about our current simulation.

"The mainstream media is biased and act as puppets for their corporate overlords."

Okay, there's a decent amount of truth in that that I'm willing to discuss.

"Check out this Twitter thread from a piece of human garbage who did literally zero research or fact-checking to learn the real truth."

God damnit.

Welcome to the caustic reality of living in #bothsides land for too long. Truth becomes relative when you can justify anything with a flimsy excuse

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is what bugs me the most about our current simulation.

"The mainstream media is biased and act as puppets for their corporate overlords."

Okay, there's a decent amount of truth in that that I'm willing to discuss.

"Check out this Twitter thread from a piece of human garbage who did literally zero research or fact-checking to learn the real truth."

God damnit.

SOOOOO much this.

It's fucking insane.  The reaction to "information reported by other human beings necessarily carries some inherent bias, and thus is not perfectly truthful" is "THEREFORE, I will just make up my own truth, and cite any rando who parrots what I agree with as a 'legit news source.'"

The fucking stupidity is astounding.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

SOOOOO much this.

It's fucking insane.  The reaction to "information reported by other human beings necessarily carries some inherent bias, and thus is not perfectly truthful" is "THEREFORE, I will just make up my own truth, and cite any rando who parrots what I agree with as a 'legit news source.'"

The fucking stupidity is astounding.

The *tale about veterinary surgeon Ewan Ross and layperson Marmaduke Skelton and their different way of handling of a cow with a calf bed out on a Yorkshire farm is the forerunner to where we are now albeit  speed elevates the spread and distrust so much more rapidly and in greater numbers of listeners reached.

*All Creatures Great And Small by James Herriot. If you haven't read his four part novels, give them a go.

8 hours ago, Caponata said:

Tried to see if this was real or not pretty surr this is the same guy in this article:

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/03/06/ohio-veteran-henry-hoeft-heading-ukraine-fight-russia-legion/9376048002/

So... the best way this guy had to tell this story was to take a video while waiting for his pancakes at an IHOP or something? He can't say a single fucking name of anyone he was with despite having "multiple people that confirm" his story. Yeah, it's fucking bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, immamac said:

That video doesn't sound like a non realistic depiction of what's going on, the commentary is over the top. What that dude described was an active combat zone and admitting deserting. 

I don't think anyone who volunteers to the foreign legion is going and thinks it's just shooting Russians in a Barrell. Ukraine has lost thousands of soldiers, it just seems like from what we know the Russians are losing 10k+. Anyone who has seen any of the pictures knows Russians are leveling cities - they are being completely blasted by artillery and missiles. 

I could believe all of that and even believe his story, but the source is inherently suspect and the way the story was presented is suspect. I have no problem believing that Ukraine isn't really able to adequately field, equip, and control a foreign legion that is being created in the middle of a massive invasion. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

Yeah, it could be true. Or, more likely, some elements of his story are true and he's making up other parts, or not making shit up but misrepresenting certain things that did actually occur. That's how most effective propaganda works and that's what anything from known boog assholes should be viewed as.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

An American christofascist trying to build a child army out of war orphans really should've been on the bingo cards.

A GQP extremist engaged in child trafficking......man, but for the ironclad rule of "every accusation is a confession," who coulda thunk it?  Who does this guy think he is, the owner of a pizza parlor?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow,_Texas

SunocogasstationPostOfficeMoscowTexas.jp

Moscow is an unincorporated community in Polk County, Texas, United States. As of the year 2000, the community had approximately 170 residents.

Geography[edit]

Moscow is at the junction of U.S. Highway 59 and Farm to Market Road 350, ninety miles north of Houston in central Polk County.

History[edit]

The community was named for the distant city of Moscow, Russia, after postal authorities refused to accept the townspeople's first choice, there being another post office in the state with a similar name Greensboro, after the founder David Green.[1]

Moscow was a flourishing town at one time with saloons, hotels and mule-drawn street cars.

Education[edit]

Moscow is served by Corrigan-Camden Independent School District.

Notable people[edit]

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

A GQP extremist engaged in child trafficking......man, but for the ironclad rule of "every accusation is a confession," who coulda thunk it?  Who does this guy think he is, the owner of a pizza parlor?

And the entity with which he purportedly works is based in Texas and Floriduh and not a registered adoption agency.

It appears that it is registered as a corporation in Florida.  I wonder if the alleged Texas connection is an attempt to falsely associate with two well-known adoption agencies/homes in Fort Worth, Edna Gladney and Lena Pope.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No no, it's ok, you don't get it. This isn't for anything nefarious, like sexually abusing them, it's just for creating a child army to serve god. Surely nothing bad will be done to these children.

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

And the entity with which he purportedly works is based in Texas and Floriduh and not a registered adoption agency.

It appears that it is registered as a corporation in Florida.  I wonder if the alleged Texas connection is an attempt to falsely associate with two well-known adoption agencies/homes in Fort Worth, Edna Gladney and Lena Pope.

. . . and his wife is from Ukraine, and the founder of the Florida group is "Irina Sipko".  Yeah, that doesn't sound Eastern European at all.  This guy is trying to pull an end around on normal international adoption processes, and if he succeeds, a bunch of kids may lose touch with their families forever.  One of my wife's sisters adopted a boy out of Kazahkstan and it was a monumentally laborious process.

53 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Amazing words from Arnold to the Russian people. And as an added bonus, he takes a nice dig at the January 6th cretins. 

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1504426844199669762?s=20&t=PN1kkWk6Vrj2BwnXWMQBNw

that was really good, very moving, you can feel the emotion.  thanks for sharing it. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's fine, he wrote a song to be sure you understand he's not gonna diddle those kids.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and his wife is from Ukraine, and the founder of the Florida group is "Irina Sipko".  Yeah, that doesn't sound Eastern European at all.  This guy is trying to pull an end around on normal international adoption processes, and if he succeeds, a bunch of kids may lose touch with their families forever.  One of my wife's sisters adopted a boy out of Kazahkstan and it was a monumentally laborious process.

Yep.  There are a lot of people trying it out, too.  You’d be amazed at how anytime there is a tragedy somewhere, many Americans immediately think “I want one of those war babies!”  

They’re incredibly difficult to discuss rationally with because they firmly believe that what they’re doing is right.  And that even if things are short-cut and shady, it’s all fine and justified because “those children will have a better life!”

Kazimerz Dolny is an awesome town, by the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yep.  There are a lot of people trying it out, too.  You’d be amazed at how anytime there is a tragedy somewhere, many Americans immediately think “I want one of those war babies!”  

They’re incredibly difficult to discuss rationally with because they firmly believe that what they’re doing is right.  And that even if things are short-cut and shady, it’s all fine and justified because “those children will have a better life!”

Kazimerz Dolny is an awesome town, by the way.

Messed up shit.

Go read Matt Shea's Wiki page.   Dude is fucked in the head.

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

So... the best way this guy had to tell this story was to take a video while waiting for his pancakes at an IHOP or something? He can't say a single fucking name of anyone he was with despite having "multiple people that confirm" his story. Yeah, it's fucking bullshit. 

I have no idea if what this crazy man is saying is true or not, but have no intention of going out there and finding out. It's likely they are trying to keep all able bodied men in the country to stay and fight 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe.  He could be just another armchair 4-star general "weighing in" on shit he's cobbled together, too.

I don’t think he’s demonstrating any insider knowledge that any of us couldn’t get by following events in the media, on tv and online. And some of the things he said were kind of weird, like when he was talking about MREs and the importance of probiotics and familiar favors like buffalo wings and sriracha that would boost a soldier’s morale. He also mentioned the “Ghost of Kyiv,” the Ace in a day” which sounds improbable and I’m not convinced that ever happened. And did he say Kyiv has been surrounded? I’d have to go back and listen again but that hasn’t happened. Anyway, his name is Ward Carroll.

Ward Carroll flew F-14 Tomcats for fifteen years after graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy. He was named Naval Institute Press Author of the Year in 2001 for his novel Punk’s War and is also the author of Punk’s Fight and Punk’s Wing. He is the host of the popular Ward Carroll YouTube channel.

https://www.usni.org/people/ward-carroll

B09A84D5-8A9E-413B-9C32-5BF0F61CEF84.thumb.png.3b3a2eadfd415201b1939fffe8e36a28.png

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

A pro-biotic narrative. 

It was a pretty good recap of what has happened so far, articulately spoken (with a lot of edits so we don’t know how many takes it took to shoot the whole thing). But he really didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. The video was posted four days ago but we don’t know how long it took in editing before it was ready to post. He talked about it being two weeks into the conflict while we’re now heading into week four.

And some of what he said was just wrong. Probiotics are actually bunk, for example. As for the “Ghost of Kyiv,” whatever happened to that story? Has he not shot down any more Russian planes? Has he been killed? Or was that just a bit of propaganda that some in the West eagerly gobbled up? I’m going with the latter.

More importantly, I went back and rewatched and he did say that the Russians have encircled the Capital. That’s just flat out untrue. I have no idea where he got that. But he’s eloquent in his delivery, sounds authoritative, and got most of it right.

But then he also urges us to like and subscribe and check out the merchandise he’s selling. You can buy the shirt he’s wearing. Maybe he’s keeping some of that money to pay his administrative fees. I don’t know and can’t say but I can’t help but wonder if it’s not an entirely altruistic endeavor. I’m not going to bother looking to see what other merchandise he’s selling.

76A03DF1-5C7F-455D-A7D0-9D7F667B76D1.thumb.png.53123ee1aa220c38793d5d6c3e22f677.png

• Hook 'Em 1