Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

2 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Sorry, that one is my fault. She told me to shoot it on her tits, but my aim was a bit off.

Well her's and yours reboot idea for a new gun-themed restaurant sounds playful.  

What is the Jalapeno Popper situation at happy hour?  

For anyone curious about who voted against Ukrainian aid, here are the Texas Congress critters:
Name, Where they represent, Where they grew up, and Where they got their undergrad.
Arrington, Jodey
TX-19: Lubbock, Abilene, Big Spring, Plainview, Andrews, Snyder, Levelland, Sweetwater
From Plainview, TX
Texas Tech University
Babin, Brian
TX-36: Baytown, Deer Park, Clear Lake, Beaumont, Lumberton, Jasper
From Pt. Arthur, TX
Lamar University
Cloud, Michael
TX-27: Corpus Christi, Victoria, Rockport, Lockhart, Beeville, Gonzales
From Baton Rouge, LA
Oral Roberts University
De La Cruz, Monica
TX-15: McAllen, Edinburg, Alice, Seguin
From Brownsville, Texas
UT-San Antonio
Fallon, Pat
TX-4: West Plano, Frisco, Rockwall, Sherman, Denison, Paris, Sulphur Springs
From Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Notre Dame
Gooden, Lance
TX-5: Garland, East Mesquite, Forney, Terrell, Kaufman, Athens, Mineola
From Terrell, Texas
UT-Austin
Jackson, Ronny
TX-13: Amarillo, Wichita Falls, Denton, Hereford, Pampa, Bridgeport
From Levelland, Texas
Texas A&M University at Galveston 
Luttrell, Morgan
TX-8: 
From Willis, Texas
Sam Houston State University
Nehls, Troy
TX-22: NW Houston, North Katy, South Cypress, Magnolia, Conroe, Livingston, New Waverly, Willis
From Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Liberty University
Pfluger, August
TX-11: Midland, Odessa, San Angelo, Brownwood, Lampasas, Llano, South Killeen
From San Angelo
US Air Force Academy
Roy, Chip
TX-21: Alamo Heights, NE San Antonio, New Braunfels, Boerne, Barton Creek, Dripping Springs, Kerrville, Fredericksburg
From Loudoun County, Virginia
University of Virginia
Self, Keith
TX-3: East Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Wylie, Greenville, Commerce
From Amarillo, Texas
United States Military Command
Van Duyne, Beth
TX-24: NE Tarrant, Grapevine, Carrollton, Park Cities, North Dallas
From Cooperstown, New York
Cornell University
Weber, Randy
TX-14: Galveston, Texas City, League City, Angleton, Lake Jackson, Freeport, West Columbia
From Pearland, Texas
University of Houston-Clear Lake
Williams, Roger
TX-25: Arlington, Burleson, Cleburne, Granbury, Stephenville, Comanche, Mineral Wells, Graham, Jacksboro, Eastland
From Fort Worth
TCU
Link to all 112.
I am a bit surprised not to see John Carter's name. As much as he features Trump on his mailings, you'd think he'd be first to fall in line.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

For anyone curious about who voted against Ukrainian aid, here are the Texas Congress critters:

Name, Where they represent, Where they grew up, and Where they got their undergrad.

Arrington, Jodey
TX-19: Lubbock, Abilene, Big Spring, Plainview, Andrews, Snyder, Levelland, Sweetwater
From Plainview, TX
Texas Tech University

Babin, Brian
From Pt. Arthur, TX
Lamar University

Cloud, Michael
From Baton Rouge, LA
Oral Roberts University

De La Cruz, Monica
From Brownsville, Texas
UT-San Antonio

Fallon, Pat
Notre Dame

Gooden, Lance
From Terrell, Texas
UT-Austin

Jackson, Ronny
From Levelland, Texas

Luttrell, Morgan
TX-8: 
From Willis, Texas

Nehls, Troy
TX-22: NW Houston, North Katy, South Cypress, Magnolia, Conroe, Livingston, New Waverly, Willis
Liberty University

Pfluger, August
From San Angelo
US Air Force Academy

Roy, Chip
TX-21: Alamo Heights, NE San Antonio, New Braunfels, Boerne, Barton Creek, Dripping Springs, Kerrville, Fredericksburg
University of Virginia

Self, Keith
From Amarillo, Texas

Van Duyne, Beth
Cornell University

Weber, Randy
TX-14: Galveston, Texas City, League City, Angleton, Lake Jackson, Freeport, West Columbia
From Pearland, Texas

Williams, Roger
TX-25: Arlington, Burleson, Cleburne, Granbury, Stephenville, Comanche, Mineral Wells, Graham, Jacksboro, Eastland
From Fort Worth
TCU

Link to all 112.

Jesus the Russians literally attacked Arrington's district the day before yesterday....

And of course Nehls voted no. He's such a fuckhead

Edited by VivaNaranja
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

R open apology to putin …

IMG_9769.jpeg

There are still flights to Russia from Dubai and other places. Can he not go and live there? Putin will hook him up with a Dacha and he can hang out with Seagal

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

Can anybody explain why the Magalitia thinks its conservative to support a guy who blows passenger planes out of the sky, throws political opponents out of windows of high rise buildings, poisons journalists, murders incarcerated dissents and kills thousands of innocents in Ukraine?

7d82825b-43a7-4f86-ad76-ae6a8bb235ec_tex

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Sending air defense to Ukraine so apartment blocs don’t get bombed is like waterboarding, some absolutely galaxy brain Anastasis takes in here. 

I got tired of it. Life is too short to entertain his bullshit takes. Into the bin of ignorance he went. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

There is very little that you cannot justify with this logic. Grab the box and the jumper cables. The towel and board. Again at least you are honest about your perspective on American values.  

yaaa more verbal diarrhea from some douche bag who thinks he's intelligent 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/18/2024 at 9:54 AM, Smax said:

I had no knowledge of this woman. She's what they were going for when they produced the aborted prototype, Experiment Boebert.

image.png.77dc258af09bde33fe32be62aa91dab0.pngimage.png.8cd79430a5ae6a063590fe90f899a927.pngimage.png.9cb7f0a1f1cca0095567e19564a56981.png

Bombastic as Trump? Check

Hostile to truth? Check

Ruthless? Check

Beautiful? Holy shit, check.

Poised on camera? check

Embraces all stands of the GOP criminal organization? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Disarming smile ala Reagan? Check

I think I love her, but she's evil. I'm sure she'll make a great president.

• Haha 4

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/04/trump-republican-vote-ukraine-aid/678148/?gift=1JKSkiJ6Tnuz0--mzR5H8UcRa9pZCL0bMqXLX2ZOHC8&utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

gift article 

As defeat loomed for his anti-Ukraine allies, Trump shifted his message a little. On April 18, he posted on Truth Social claiming that he, too, favored helping Ukraine. “As everyone agrees, Ukrainian Survival and Strength should be much more important to Europe than to us, but it is also important to us!” But that was after-the-fact face-saving, jumping to the winning side after his side was about to lose.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

God I hope we get the help to them in time 

We are the worst fucking allies people with righteous causes could have. I haven't opened this thread in quite a while because it was too sickening to read about another ally being let down at the crucial moment. We've been Lucy to the Kurd's Charlie Brown for decades upon decades.

With full heart, I agree with Doc Sam.

With full rage, I despise the GOP for holding off on this for so long. We've cost Ukraine soldiers and made their job harder.

Aren't we at about the point where Ukraine should have pilots ready to fly F-16s against Russia? Supposedly they'd be deployable after the winter.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I had no knowledge of this woman. She's what they were going for when they produced the aborted prototype, Experiment Boebert.

image.png.77dc258af09bde33fe32be62aa91dab0.pngimage.png.8cd79430a5ae6a063590fe90f899a927.pngimage.png.9cb7f0a1f1cca0095567e19564a56981.png

Bombastic as Trump? Check

Hostile to truth? Check

Ruthless? Check

Beautiful? Holy shit, check.

Poised on camera? check

Embraces all stands of the GOP criminal organization? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Disarming smile ala Reagan? Check

I think I love her, but she's evil. I'm sure she'll make a great president.

luna is at the top of my hate fuck and then give her @tx 3 putt's number

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Smax said:

My children and yours have reaped untold benefits from all of those "wars", can you imagine how different the world would be right now if the US sunk back into a non intervention reclusive country post WW2. Did we screw up over that time, yeah we sure as hell did but we also got some things right and at the end of the day, we're still speaking English, the dollar is the most sought after currency, we still have the strongest military and most of the world still looks to us on just about everything. 

None of that would be possible if we didn't stick our nose in other peoples business to try and shape the world in our favor

Untold benefits? Really?

Vietnam, the Iraq invasions, and our bumbled occupation of Afganistan have provided what benefits to whom?

Do we count proxy wars and deadly campaigns to enthrone dictators throughout Latin America so we could exploit their resources before those people could? Sure, those countries generally didn't go communist, but was what we put in place really better?

"At the end of the day, we're still speaking English" Post WW2, no English speaking countries were ever in danger or near danger. We did save Berlin, but that wasn't a war effort although war was risked. As part of WW2 we treated with the USSR to draw a boundary beyond which they were not to go. 

"the dollar is the most sought after currency" Okay. Not sure how you can tie that to a successful war campaign in a foreign land since WW2

"we still have the strongest military" At what cost? Our wars have been enormously costly to produce so little besides enormous debt; corrupt, bloated military budgeting; the ongoing costs of the (shamefully inadequate) care needed by veterans of our idiotic foreign campaigns named above.  I won't delve, but this pride in our strong military goes to the insecure adolescent mindset we've been encouraged to have; we're told we're a laughing stock or we appear weak, and the rubes in the cheap seats cheer sending in the tanks.

"and most of the world still looks to us on just about everything."  And the world's in fine shape.

• We destroyed the goodwill after 9/11 by invading Iraq for whatever "untold benefits" (not surprisingly untold) we got there.
  • We led the denial of the dangers of climate change which has become a climate emergency, and it's likely beyond halting now.  
  • The right-wing control of this country which is leading to fascism here has likely aided the rise of fascism in other countries whose leaders have often named Trump as an example. Further, we just had a president who is more interested in cozying up with non-free countries while demeaning, alienating, and losing the trust of our traditional allies.
  • The world does not look to us on healthcare provision, prison conditions, gun violence, fair application of the law, or making minor personal sacrifices for the good of everybody else. Who has the biggest pick-up in the office parking lot? I'll never give up some of my hamburger consumption to make the world better for my children. I'm teaching them to feel the same way!
  • The ongoing racism here and burgeoning sexism, sexualityism, and anything-you-do-is-my-business-ism are hardly lanterns in the dark to lead the world.

Any organization or entity that devotes more time to self-congratulation than to honest self-appraisal is likely headed for disaster.

Written without rancor.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Untold benefits? Really?

Vietnam, the Iraq invasions, and our bumbled occupation of Afganistan have provided what benefits to whom?

Do we count proxy wars and deadly campaigns to enthrone dictators throughout Latin America so we could exploit their resources before those people could? Sure, those countries generally didn't go communist, but was what we put in place really better?

"At the end of the day, we're still speaking English" Post WW2, no English speaking countries were ever in danger or near danger. We did save Berlin, but that wasn't a war effort although war was risked. As part of WW2 we treated with the USSR to draw a boundary beyond which they were not to go. 

"the dollar is the most sought after currency" Okay. Not sure how you can tie that to a successful war campaign in a foreign land since WW2

"we still have the strongest military" At what cost? Our wars have been enormously costly to produce so little besides enormous debt; corrupt, bloated military budgeting; the ongoing costs of the (shamefully inadequate) care needed by veterans of our idiotic foreign campaigns named above.  I won't delve, but this pride in our strong military goes to the insecure adolescent mindset we've been encouraged to have; we're told we're a laughing stock or we appear weak, and the rubes in the cheap seats cheer sending in the tanks.

"and most of the world still looks to us on just about everything."  And the world's in fine shape.

• We destroyed the goodwill after 9/11 by invading Iraq for whatever "untold benefits" (not surprisingly untold) we got there.
  • We led the denial of the dangers of climate change which has become a climate emergency, and it's likely beyond halting now.  
  • The right-wing control of this country which is leading to fascism here has likely aided the rise of fascism in other countries whose leaders have often named Trump as an example. Further, we just had a president who is more interested in cozying up with non-free countries while demeaning, alienating, and losing the trust of our traditional allies.
  • The world does not look to us on healthcare provision, prison conditions, gun violence, fair application of the law, or making minor personal sacrifices for the good of everybody else. Who has the biggest pick-up in the office parking lot? I'll never give up some of my hamburger consumption to make the world better for my children. I'm teaching them to feel the same way!
  • The ongoing racism here and burgeoning sexism, sexualityism, and anything-you-do-is-my-business-ism are hardly lanterns in the dark to lead the world.

Any organization or entity that devotes more time to self-congratulation than to honest self-appraisal is likely headed for disaster.

Written without rancor.

ok cool hook em!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

As with most SuperPowers, we were/are unsure of how to handle our might.  It's a growing pain that every powerful nation-state or kingdom must push through.  We forget how young we are.  Yes, we've been around 250 years, but only been on the world stage for about a century, and only a SuperPower for 80 years.  That's nothing in the scope of history.  We are a terribly flawed nation because of our position.  We've had our ups and downs for the last century, and made a lot of fatal errors.  But in the end, we've kept pushing forward, trying to get better.  And then a man of great vision had an idea, what if cruelty and stupidity, the things we worked so hard to quash were validated instead of suppressed.  The world was changing too fast, for the better, for too many.  And we see over the last several years the grasping at straws of a dying way of life.  You are all too smart to think this was going to go smoothly.  It is arrogant and self-absorbed to think you are living in a pivotal time in human history.  But this is, objectively, one of those eras that history will judge.  It is all around us, both abroad and at home.  This is a tectonic shift and people have make serious choices about the fate of our countries, our species, and our planet.  

It's not going to permanently shift the course of humanity, but signaling to Russia that this is the beginning of their end is a big start.  A guy like Mike Johnson taking a stance against stupidity.  Donald Trump cowering in the corner.  Americans still clamoring that Putin is, like Pat Boone, a misunderstood genius.  NATO expanding.  China shrugging.  There will be many more lashing-out episodes by these toddlers.  But we are in a millennia-old pattern.  The cornered rat acts the most violent before the inevitable demise.  We may not live to see it, but willing---out children will.  Something better is going to come along and we must do our part to bolster that ideal.  Aiding Ukraine in the demise of Russia is a big first step, but there are miles to go before we sleep.  And many promises that we must keep.  For these woods are lovely, dark, and deep.  Miles to go before we sleep...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Sending air defense to Ukraine so apartment blocs don’t get bombed is like waterboarding, some absolutely galaxy brain Anastasis takes in here. 

How did you get that from this?

image.png.d42a05025b97904f5bad68ae6f01310d.png

I think I'm watching Anastasis Derangement Syndrome (ADS).

@Anastasis is an able debater who needs no aid from me, but I honestly mostly see some really smart posters here projecting all kinds of shit onto what he/she actually says. I don't get it. I've agreed and disagreed with Anastasis over the years particularly when there was still more than a vestigial meaning to Republican.

This is an observation rather than a defense. I've agreed with the meat of all of his posts over the last few pages.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I 100% get not wanting to have the US go on some imperialistic bullshit.  But now we have Russia invading the Ukraine, where we just need to help provide them the equipment to thwart INVADERS and somehow people are against that?    We aren’t attacking anyone.  We aren’t using the CIA to lead a regime change.  We aren’t sending troops to die.   The US is simply sending equipment to help a county repel an  invasion.    Why are @Anastasis and MTG so against that?

Is he? He can answer that. I agree with everything you write. This is the best of our foreign war efforts since WW2, I think. I guess Korea, too. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Post WW2, no English speaking countries were ever in danger or near danger. We did save Berlin, but that wasn't a war effort although war was risked. As part of WW2 we treated with the USSR to draw a boundary beyond which they were not to go. 

Come on man

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

How did you get that from this?

image.png.d42a05025b97904f5bad68ae6f01310d.png

I think I'm watching Anastasis Derangement Syndrome (ADS).

@Anastasis is an able debater who needs no aid from me, but I honestly mostly see some really smart posters here projecting all kinds of shit onto what he/she actually says. I don't get it. I've agreed and disagreed with Anastasis over the years particularly when there was still more than a vestigial meaning to Republican.

This is an observation rather than a defense. I've agreed with the meat of all of his posts over the last few pages.

Being nuanced on Ukraine is a sign of an intelligent person trying desperately to muddy the waters to conceal their actual aims.  It’s not derangement syndrome, consider it IFF.  

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Being nuanced on Ukraine is a sign of an intelligent person trying desperately to muddy the waters to conceal their actual aims.  It’s not derangement syndrome, consider it IFF.  

Thanks for responding. I don't know what IFF stands for.

49 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lindsay Graham says the credit for the Ukranian aid package should go to ..... Donald Trump.

Is there just one of his feet dangling out of Trump's diaper like the tail of lizard going down the hatch of a snake?

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Untold benefits? Really?

Written without rancor.

I liked most all of your post, but still support aid to Ukraine. Fuck authoritarianism, at home and abroad.

Also, goat burger deliciousness needs more press. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I liked most all of your post, but still support aid to Ukraine. Fuck authoritarianism, at home and abroad.

Also, goat burger deliciousness needs more press. 

I absolutely support aid to Ukraine with pretty much no restriction on their use. Just because we've been pretty bad at this in the past doesn't mean you can't make a good decision in the present. They're bleeding the Russians white. The Russians are a clear enemy of the US.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

ScreenShot2024-04-21at4_14_57PM.thumb.png.c9a85d58f798c2fcb5ef572e95130166.png

AC98601F-CB2A-4356-AFD2-C2FD525FED21.gif

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lindsay Graham says the credit for the Ukranian aid package should go to ..... Donald Trump.

At this point I think I hate people like Lindsay there more than I do Trump. What a spineless piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tchookem said:
On 4/20/2024 at 7:47 PM, bolverk said:
Arrington, Jodey
From Plainview, TX
Texas Tech University
Babin, Brian
From Pt. Arthur, TX
Lamar University
Cloud, Michael
From Baton Rouge, LA
Oral Roberts University
De La Cruz, Monica
From Brownsville, Texas
UT-San Antonio
Fallon, Pat
Notre Dame
Gooden, Lance
From Terrell, Texas
UT-Austin
Jackson, Ronny
From Levelland, Texas
Luttrell, Morgan
TX-8: 
From Willis, Texas
Nehls, Troy
Liberty University
Pfluger, August
From San Angelo
US Air Force Academy
Roy, Chip
University of Virginia
Self, Keith
From Amarillo, Texas
Van Duyne, Beth
Cornell University
Weber, Randy
From Pearland, Texas
Williams, Roger
From Fort Worth
TCU
Link to all 112.

I am a bit surprised not to see John Carter's name. As much as he features Trump on his mailings, you'd think he'd be first to fall in line.

He may have been away campaigning on Barsoom. 

I am about done with the drama. Time for President Zelenskyy to cut a deal with Poland that Poland owns Crimea for the next two years In exchange for agricultural advice from Ukraine - with the proviso that it goes back to Ukraine after two years.

Everyone but the axis of evil signs declarations recognizing Crimea as Polish territory. after all, Russia and the UN recognize Crimea as Ukrainian before Putin invaded.

Poland tells Putin in a letter to get his squatters off Polish land before Polish troops arrive with Polish courts to restore order and resolve ownership disputes. The letter also directs Putin to a NATO article

IMG_2607.gif.df38b042a0bd8e3f7215eb19252ec8f2.gif

…..and I am sure that the rest of the letter will be interesting.

IMG_2608.thumb.jpeg.e63e733a5af2af6230dfc3f97c550619.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I am about done with the drama. Time for President Zelenskyy to cut a deal with Poland that Poland owns Crimea for the next two years In exchange for agricultural advice from Ukraine - with the proviso that it goes back to Ukraine after two years.

Everyone but the axis of evil signs declarations recognizing Crimea as Polish territory. after all, Russia and the UN recognize Crimea as Ukrainian before Putin invaded.

Poland tells Putin in a letter to get his squatters off Polish land before Polish troops arrive with Polish courts to restore order and resolve ownership disputes. The letter also directs Putin to a NATO article

I'm not sure what's going on in this video, but at about 12 seconds, it appears to show them holding some anal beads, and a people rocking those anal beads is not somebody you want to fuck with.

14 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

april-21-sunday-new-york-80424380.jpg?re

Interesting that all of the major Murdoch properties are going after Three Toes.

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Must be some amazing blackmail material that Trump has.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YGIFS said:

It's not going to permanently shift the course of humanity, but signaling to Russia that this is the beginning of their end is a big start.  

It could lead (eventually) to a more stable Europe/Eurasia, which is great for our economy.

It could also be giving China a whole lot of second thoughts - even if they continued trying to build up a force that could invade Taiwan, they have got to be going through their inventory of Russian-made or inspired systems and sweating a bit at how shitty they are, as well as realizing that Taiwan is going full speed ahead on the drone and missile front.  Plus, China's top 3 of it's top 5 trading parters (4 out of 6 if you count the EU) would turn against it, and that's some major economic damage that they couldn't handle. 

Ukraine is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And I think Taiwan is getting F35's?  F 35's vs Chinese shitbox SU69's or whatever.  LOLOLOLOLOLOL

China has the next best stealth aircraft after the US and its allies. I would not underestimate that portion of their military. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It Lindsey Graham, he is trying to play politics by thanking Trump for the aid package with the hope that he will take credit and continue on the path if he is elected again.    Don't read too much more into it than that.  

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

China has the next best stealth aircraft after the US and its allies. I would not underestimate that portion of their military. 

Or any part of their military. Was the NVA (North Vietnamese Army) the last disciplined and determined force we met in the field? That was 50 years ago.

China is well-equipped and trained as far as I know. There would be nothing easy or inevitable about fighting them. We get into to trouble thinking things will be easy and our enemies are not as brave as we are. 

Taiwan is similar in training and determination. It would be a nasty, bloody fight. If it expands to a US-China conflict...fuck, I don't know.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm not sure what's going on in this video, but at about 12 seconds, it appears to show them holding some anal beads, and a people rocking those anal beads is not somebody you want to fuck with.

I was just thinking, wouldn't religion being injected into this invasion help?