2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

Wrong. Will Anderson wouldn't do this because those people would have already had their asses chewed so hard it would be pointless to tell the media about it. 

Captain Caveman needs another Road Trip that includes getting laid...  😋

image.png.6295b3d644b4fcc53ffbd238be710ded.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I mean, we have the 10th option that Herb Hand had to take, a guy that was on DL last year, and Logan Parr.

Hamilton liked SG-W's upside as an OL coming out of Longview. Wish he would have switched this past season instead of in the spring.

We want sark to mimic saban’s culture who is, checks notes, the greatest to ever do it and wins year in, year out with a different staff every two years. Lulz. Meanwhile Lincoln Riley had a culture that let baker mayfield grab his dick and tell Kansas that daddy was going to spank them on national television with a wrist slap. Two heismans, two first overall draft picks, 3 college football playoffs and 4 big 12 titles later that fucked up culture proved to be just fine. 7 wins Steve or not, he will never be saban. There will never be another saban. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Very little. The guy is a loser without a clue how to build a culture or a winning program. I'm hoping for 7 wins and will be whiteknuckling with everyone else here while this dildo butterfucks a second half lead against UTSA. 

In his defense, the only people you really like are your family and Sydney. And, the only reason you like sydney is that he lets you use him as a human punching bag and he willingly laughs at your jokes.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

In his defense, the only people you really like are your family and Sydney. And, the only reason you like sydney is that he lets you use him as a human punching bag and he willingly laughs at your jokes.

Don't forget he gets to hate fuck sydney after a loss. 

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

A) What has Seven Loss Steve to have earned your "defense"? Is it just a mindless compulsion you have to blindly support whoever is making $5million+/year while shitting themselves in public as the Head Football Coach at Texas, or did Steve Sarklossian rescue you from a homeless shelter or something?

B) I like a lot of people. Some are blood. Some I've shared adversity and success with; some make me laugh or are entertaining; some are smoking hot and good in the sack; some are good producers; some have proven their character as above reproach; etc. I don't just auto-like people though, especially those in positions of authority or power, especially those in positions of authority or power who haven't shown that they deserve the role even remotely. 

Anyone giving Seven Loss the "benefit of the doubt" at this point is a thoughtless imbecile. Anyone coming to his defense about anything related to the team is a thoughtless imbecile. There is nothing, NOTHING, that this rube has done at this point to merit any faith or support. He's not earned a fucking thing for Texas. And here we are, crossing our fingers that he can somehow not fuck up enough to get the program to seven wins in 2022.

BTW, a lot of the same equivocations attempting to rebut the HC showing us all the tells that he's not up to snuff came from this board (and its predecessors) when Mack had checked out, when Chuckles was buttfucking this chicken, and when Fuckface was shitting himself with leads late in games. Wrong, wrong, wrong, and ... (checks notes, sees 5-7, giving up 57 points in a loss to Kansas at home, 14 yards in the final 6 drives against Okie State at home, a complete bedshitting against Arkansas, multiple double digit blown lead chokes and the return of the entire defensive staff) wrong.

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We want sark to mimic saban’s culture who is, checks notes, the greatest to ever do it and wins year in, year out with a different staff every two years. Lulz. Meanwhile Lincoln Riley had a culture that let baker mayfield grab his dick and tell Kansas that daddy was going to spank them on national television with a wrist slap. Two heismans, two first overall draft picks, 3 college football playoffs and 4 big 12 titles later that fucked up culture proved to be just fine. 7 wins Steve or not, he will never be saban. There will never be another saban. 

I'd still rather him try to emulate Saban than emulate that embarrassment of a football coach and program fuck them

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Anyone giving Seven Loss the "benefit of the doubt" at this point is a thoughtless imbecile. Anyone coming to his defense about anything related to the team is a thoughtless imbecile. There is nothing, NOTHING, that this rube has done at this point to merit any faith or support. He's not earned a fucking thing for Texas.

Golden Globes Reaction GIF by Boomerang Official

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A) What has Seven Loss Steve to have earned your "defense"? Is it just a mindless compulsion you have to blindly support whoever is making $5million+/year while shitting themselves in public as the Head Football Coach at Texas, or did Steve Sarklossian rescue you from a homeless shelter or something?

Pretty much this. And I was against the flying advertisement to fire Gerg. $5 mil doesn't go as far as it used to and it took like $9million for aggie to get 8 wins.

I can't think of the last Texas football coach you liked (not that I am so different). My support is more due to the fact that I think he made the right moves with the coaching hires and I think he is a good OC. Mack was a mediocre coach who was a good CEO and it got us a NC. If SK hires good people, I think he can be successful.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Anyone giving Seven Loss the "benefit of the doubt" at this point is a thoughtless imbecile. Anyone coming to his defense about anything related to the team is a thoughtless imbecile. There is nothing, NOTHING, that this rube has done at this point to merit any faith or support. He's not earned a fucking thing for Texas. And here we are, crossing our fingers that he can somehow not fuck up enough to get the program to seven wins in 2022.

Maybe he had no part in things, but all I know is that Ewers is in the QB room now, Banks, Campbell and Umeozulu are coming into the OL room soon and Gary Patterson is somehow involved with our program. Has he done enough? Definitive - No... but I feel better about where we are heading now that I did this time last year. 2022 will say it all. He gets no benefit of the doubt but I'm not writing him off before seeing 2022 play out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Moldovan-Women.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

IT - Development and improvement a consistent theme of spring (lots of sunshine)

Spoiler

When this staff was initially hired it looked like a solid mix of recruiting and coaching, but with a bias towards coaching. After going 5-7, some may dispute that, but the more distance we get from last year, the more I think talent inefficiencies were by far the biggest issue and those are on their way to being addressed. That’s not to exonerate coaching, but this spring seems to be highlighting both coaching ability and improved baseline talent thanks to the portal and early enrollees.

We’ve heard of individual players and position groups improving throughout the spring, some more than most. The group we’ve heard the least about, offensive line, also has the lowest ceiling. In other words, the current group has the least amount of room for growth and is therefore the hardest to develop. Improvement will come through unit cohesion more than Kyle Flood rapidly improving the individual parts. Flood will get his big chance for marked improvement in August, during the season, and then especially next spring when his extremely talented 2022 signees will be in the sweet spot between having some experience but also tons of room left for growth. That position will be spring-loaded for the 2023 season.

Something I’ve failed to name over the years, but have observed countless times, is the point where young talent overtakes experienced players, even those who are themselves talented. Bobby mentioned Terrance Brooks this a.m. as someone who continues to impress. On3 was brazen on his ranking because Gerry knew Brooks’ football character would make it very hard to keep him off the field every bit as much as his athletic gifts. Brooks is in the passing lane but it remains to be seen at whose expense he sees the field.

For all the talk of Ryan Watts joining the team, Jahdae Barron might be developing into the team’s best defensive back. Watts is good of course, but Barron has rapidly improved over the last year and won’t come off the field whether the defense is in base or nickel.

Part of Barron’s development saw him jump Kitan Crawford, who is more athletically and physically impressive. Part of development is the vision to put players in the right place, and Crawford has taken warmly to safety. He has shown incredible improvement from the beginning of camp to now.

Then there’s De’Marvion Overshown. If you go by how much time he’s spent in college there shouldn’t be a whole lot left to improve, but given the context of his playing days we know that isn’t the case. Even as a fifth-year senior he was in desperate need of more physical and positional development. If his play on the field has improved as much as his build for the position has, he’s headed for a big year.

Jaylan Ford and David Gbenda are also said to have made noticeable improvements this spring. Namely, they are finding the ball better in traffic.

We’re hearing about Alfred Collins flashing more than in the past. Practice hasn’t exactly been his calling card since his arrival, but he’s gaining more and more mention. Texas will be as good as its 6-7 highest ceiling players in 2023 and Collins should be a big part of that.

Edge is somewhat similar to the offensive line in the current crop doesn’t have the ceiling of the players who are about to arrive, but as it pertains to this season we’re still hearing good things about Barryn Sorrell and Ovie Oghoufo. Given his lower recruiting profile, Sorrell is a player with a higher ceiling than you might think — he’s long, wide, and is known for his dedication and intelligence. By definition a maximized will develop. He will need another offseason to develop lower body strength but he’s going to be a player in time. He should be reliable this season.

On the offensive side of the ball, Hudson Card is noticeably more comfortable and improved from last year. He has better command of the playbook and, these days, the metaphorical huddle.

Numerous receivers have been mentioned as being improved, Casey Cain chief among them. He’s not being called a difference-maker, more a capable player who should see snaps this season. Based on reports, it’s not hard to see him continuing to develop into the sort of bigger receiver Mike Gundy has used to complement his primary receiver (recall, former Gundy OC Mike Yurcich pushed for Cain to be offered).

Ja’Tavion Sanders is expected to be a key piece this coming season. He’s another one whose development was noticed during the January S&C bloc. He is nowhere close to a finished product but he’s come a long way in the last year as he transitioned from dominating high school athlete to position-focused college player.

Sanders has a high ceiling, and as stated, the higher the ceiling a player has the easier they are to develop (assuming they care just a little). Maybe the best example in the program is Quinn Ewers who has made rapid improvements in just three weeks of practice. He still has a long ways to go but Steve Sarkisian has made a name for himself developing a whole lot less.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Maybe he had no part in things, but all I know is that Ewers is in the QB room now, Banks, Campbell and Umeozulu are coming into the OL room soon and Gary Patterson is somehow involved with our program. Has he done enough? Definitive - No... but I feel better about where we are heading now that I did this time last year. 2022 will say it all. He gets no benefit of the doubt but I'm not writing him off before seeing 2022 play out.

1) Ewers fell into his lap. He also needed massive donor support to fend off Texas Tech. Is that a money thing? Sure. It's also a reflection on the state of the program to a star recruit and his family. They felt like he wouldn't be much worse off in the Tech program if there was a $million+ reasons to justify heading to Lubbock.

2) Sarkisian deserves just about zero credit for the OL haul. I mean, sure, attribute that success to him so that you feel better, but in reality, that argument doesn't hold up as a reason for valuing Sarkisian above replacement.

3) LOL on Sarkisian getting credit for Patterson. I said it contemporaneously and I'll say it again after hearing more from numerous places - Sarkisian wanted nothing to do with Patterson at Texas. He's got him now, and they're working well together so far, but it's a fucking fan fiction construct to give Sarkisian any credit associated with Patterson. The fucking guy was almost overt in a press conference about his lack of enthusiasm for the move. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Pretty much this. And I was against the flying advertisement to fire Gerg. $5 mil doesn't go as far as it used to and it took like $9million for aggie to get 8 wins.

I can't think of the last Texas football coach you liked (not that I am so different). My support is more due to the fact that I think he made the right moves with the coaching hires and I think he is a good OC. Mack was a mediocre coach who was a good CEO and it got us a NC. If SK hires good people, I think he can be successful.

There has not been a HFC at Texas that I have "liked" in my lifetime:

-DKR was before my time and I was little at the end of the Akers era.

-McWilliams overtly sucked. Mackovic was impossible to like.

-I appreciate what Mack Brown did for Texas, but he and I both should wake up every day thanking God for Vince Young. Outside of the winning, I despised most aspects of Mack Brown's weak and insecure bullshit.

-Chuckles I was excited to see hired, but I dumped out on him immediately with the Shawn Watson hire. It was immediately obvious he was going to bust.

-I knew Herman in Houston in various ways and despised him from the jump.

-Steve Sarklossian was a trash hire, I don't give a fuck how nice of a guy he is. I realize due to relationships I have in and around the CFB world and with Bama that it's not fair for me to smear my understanding of the guy over that of the average fan, but fuck it. 

Anyway, who gives a fuck? I liked Barnes and Garrido plenty and was happy to see them go when they left. I'll take a HFC that denies The Holocaust and vacations with Putin and Kim Jong Un in Caracas if he wins games without bringing Switzer/Sherrill levels of shame onto the program. I don't need to like them. I'd like just like to have one on campus eventually that I think can help Texas win national titles again.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Didn't he throw a hissy fit on the field when we lost to Kansas under chuckles? 

I was about to post that same thing lol. It’s easy to talk shit as a 25 year old nfl player on a team full of professionals. I like Charles but him crying at midfield on the ground like a bitch after losing to Kansas means he should take his opinion and stick it up his ass about how a 20 year old should act in college. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

3) LOL on Sarkisian getting credit for Patterson. I said it contemporaneously and I'll say it again after hearing more from numerous places - Sarkisian wanted nothing to do with Patterson at Texas. He's got him now, and they're working well together so far, but it's a fucking fan fiction construct to give Sarkisian any credit associated with Patterson. The fucking guy was almost overt in a press conference about his lack of enthusiasm for the move. 

I'm guessing that if the board of directors at your Rubber Chicken factory (that just had a 30% drop in revenue) wanted to bring on @SydneyCarton - who just got fired as CEO at the Rubber Dogshit factory - so that he could help you right the ship, you'd be less than enthused too.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Ewers fell into his lap. He also needed massive donor support to fend off Texas Tech. Is that a money thing? Sure. It's also a reflection on the state of the program to a star recruit and his family. They felt like he wouldn't be much worse off in the Tech program if there was a $million+ reasons to justify heading to Lubbock.

2) Sarkisian deserves just about zero credit for the OL haul. I mean, sure, attribute that success to him so that you feel better, but in reality, that argument doesn't hold up as a reason for valuing Sarkisian above replacement.

This one I dont buy at all. Ewers and his family have shown they know how to play the game and they are willing to work the system

OL are on campus. You can throw any shade you want at Sark, but they are on campus. Shit fell the right way for it to work out, but it is not like Texas was the only ones on those kids. You have to give him credit. Lets be honest, Sark recruiting at a high level, doesnt make him a great coach. See Ron Zook. He got a good class, nothing more to say about it. 

Giving Sark credit for Patterson is a reach at best. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm pretty sure he's comfortable that what they want to say is in line with what he wants them to say. There is an important distinction between running your fucking mouth and having a team structure that promotes even if you run your mouth that it's fine because it's "in bounds" by nature.

Sark basically made 2 points:

1. Don’t talk shit unless you’re badass.  Ojomo ain’t badass.

2. If you wanna talk shit, do it to somebody’s face, not to the media.

What would Saban have said differently?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’m going out on a limb to say CTJ would dislike any coach Texas hired, because he generally dislikes all people.

unless it's Justin Fuente, of course.   Projecting success for coaches is hard, even with all the inside information that someone like CTJ has.

Forecasting failure is quite a bit easier, and as noted, was immeditately obvious with the staffing hires of both Strong and Herman.  I dont think Sarklossian made immediately obvious bad initial hires like the other two dipshits (though PK may turnout to be that).  Otherwise, I see zero reason to date to have hope for Texas being a national contender because of Sark, but perhaps we can do it in spite of him with generational talent like QE, Bijan, Banks etc and a modern offensive gameplan.

• Hook 'Em 3

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic