Middle schoolers’ prank turns deadly

Armybrat

JFC, what a tragedy...

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/man-charged-in-deadly-south-austin-crash-involving-child/

kids throw shit at neighbor’s front door, man gets in SUV and chases the boys on their bikes, jumps out and starts beating a 13 year old. His SUV then rolls over the boy’s head killing him.

All the while the man’s 4 year old child was in the vehicle.

Jesus.

• Rage+1 3

What an awful story.  A few years ago my son was hanging with some kids in the neighborhood that liked to "ding dong ditch".  I put an end to it really quickly when I heard he was doing it and explained that you just don't know what that person on the other side of the door is going through or how they will react.  I also explained that a lot of people have cameras or doorbell cameras so they would likely know who did it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

And we claim that our monkey brains wouldn't take over when shit hits the fan. 

Hit the door, though.

Also, from the article:

"He was a good kid."

Also, also, from the article:

In an email, the city said: “As a fair chance employer, the City does not monitor the criminal charges or arrests of all employees and does not have a protocol for when employees are charged with a crime. City policy requires certain employees, like CDL holders or employees whose jobs require a criminal background check, to self-report arrests to the City, since that may impact their ability to perform their job.”

"Your data is safe with us!"

So no screen for pedo's, either?

i was a hellion kid. i did a ton of crap but never did it ever cross my mind to shit someone's house. egging is one thing. throwing shit at someone's door is a completely fucking different thing. i don't condone what the dad did but holy shit, what were those kids thinking?

on that note...even Kenneth couldn't forgive Ronald for shitting on his house.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i was a hellion kid. i did a ton of crap but never did it ever cross my mind to shit someone's house. egging is one thing. throwing shit at someone's door is a completely fucking different thing. i don't condone what the dad did but holy shit, what were those kids thinking?

Ronnie went from totally chic to totally geek after that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

These two chics were way hotter than Cindy Mancini, especially the left one. You KNEW she did anal, even back in the 80s.

75c3ca8a4a6e57eed9b3ab9d8c15db57.jpg

Idk man.  Mancini was the classsic hot blonde cheerleader.  Saw her nekkid in some other movie I think. 

These two were clearly DTF, but trashy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Maybe the murderer let his dog shit on other peoples yards and they got sick of it and gave him a collection back?
  • Hook 'Em 1

What a disaster for all involved.   Teenage boys have always been a pain in the ass, but never moreso than when society shifted and they couldn't receive an ass whooping from any adult who caught them acting the fool. There just don't seem to be any consequences at all for boys who are old enough to cause serious trouble (and be a serious threat to others in some cases).  They know they're untouchable and that their parents will protect them should they actually get caught.

It's still a good thing we moved away from that era, as morons like the "adult" in this situation obviously can't handle their shit.  The fact he's a city employee is almost too on point to merit comment.

Somewhere between the old days and our current standard of completely permissive attitudes about teens is probably the sweet spot, but I certainly don't have any answers.  In the meantime, do your best to keep your kids from hanging out with dipshits (even if dipshit teens often grow up to be great adults).   Nothing good will ever come from running around vandalizing others' property, and this kid paid way too high a price for a cheap thrill.  One set of parents without a son, and one son without a father for what I suspect will be a decent sentence (will be interesting to see if Garza's revolving door policy will be applied here).   

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, immamac said:

And we claim that our monkey brains wouldn't take over when shit hits the fan. This is beyond sad, but a reminder to always use your human brain and not your monkey brain. Society really depends on it.

Pretty sure Surl depends on the Monkey brains tho

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Counterpoint - grown men didn't used to physically assault and ultimately kill kids for innocent poo-flinging pranks. Get it fucking together people.

My wife taught this kid when he was in elementary school. She said he was a good kid. Fuck that dude.

don't fling not shit, don't get no shit. stupid mistake by all involved.

as a parent, i can laugh off my house getting egged. however, if a kid shit my house, i wouldn't chase down the kid and beat him, but i definitely would be pursuing legal justice, whatever measly shit i could charge them with. i'd talk to his parents to see if the fruit fell far from the tree. shitting a house is just fucked up.

this dude fucked up and deserves jail time. but fuck those kids for shitting the house.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

innocent poo-flinging pranks

Not sure there is really anything "innocent" about throwing feces on a house.  So there should have been some type of punishment to fit the crime (like cleaning the dudes toilets weekly for a year or pumping septic tanks for a couple of weekends). It certainly wasn't vigilante justice. Now we have a dead kid, a torn up family, traumatized friends and another family that will see their husband/father locked away for a significant number of years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I grew up in Section 8 housing and our apartments living room window faced directly at a playground in the complex, so we closed the shutters for privacy. 

And all the time, the shithead kids would fling gigantic muddy sand clods at the window. And by the time i opened the curtains or stepped out the door they had all scrammed. 

Cant imagine how enraged I would be if that was literal feces instead. Who the hell does that?

6 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Teenage boys have always been a pain in the ass, but never moreso than when society shifted and they couldn't receive an ass whooping from any adult who caught them acting the fool.

Yes, how far we've fallen now that adults aren't free to give random teenagers a beating for...acting like teenagers.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

whole lot stupid in this very very fucked up story.

But I can excuse stupidity in kids, even if it involves scat play. But not in adults with four year olds in the car. Fuck that guy, he needs to go away for a long long time.

Ummm... He needs to die. Unless that's what you meant. 

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, how far we've fallen now that adults aren't free to give random teenagers a beating for...acting like teenagers.

You obviously didn't really read my post, which is fine with this being the Internet and all, but that's not what I was advocating.  Teenagers get away with a lot of terrible behavior now that they once did not.  Finding a way to correct this was the point, not allowing beatings.   Brushing off criminal behavior as "teenagers just being teenagers" is fucking idiotic, and ultimately the root of this problem.

Coming up with a reasonable deterrent for this type of behavior may have prevented this tragedy.  Risk of serious punishment (not beatings) might keep a good kid from making a stupid decision that ends with him being killed.

As for the city employee, he should have the book thrown at him.  We'll see if our DA has the guts to do it.

15 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

You obviously didn't really read my post, which is fine with this being the Internet and all, but that's not what I was advocating.  Teenagers get away with a lot of terrible behavior now that they once did not.  Finding a way to correct this was the point, not allowing beatings.   Brushing off criminal behavior as "teenagers just being teenagers" is fucking idiotic, and ultimately the root of this problem.

Gotta disagree with you here.

• Hook 'Em 5

Today’s news cycle will make this trial insane if they drag it out. The young child victim. An adult assaulting minors. The lack of driver awareness not putting a vehicle in park. The toddler in the defendant’s car. The City employee allowed out on bail. The feces thrown at his house. The forensic exam determining species of excrement. The potential bacteria/viral load in said feces. We could be looking at a revolutionary stand your ground case off personal property if this shit had Covid or was riddled with the same Jack in the Box E. Coli that killed tons of people (which sounds absolutely insane but it’s how people think about things they see online). There’s so many angles to be played out here and it will generate tons of clickbait. These ideas are insane but this is how social media is today. 

Damn.  Some of you were never kids?
’Cause kids - especially teenage boys - do dumb stuff.  Even really good kids… they sometimes do really dumb stuff. 

Yes they did, they just justified it. How many people on here will admit to being bullies? (Ahem, Loree?)

We were also kind of shitty to Grendel/PO1D.

As adults.
  • Like 1