TV evangelist wants $54M jet to fly nonstop & avoid demons

Armybrat

Fleecing the flock by these Elmer Gantry clones should be rewarded with an express lane trip to the lowest level of Dante's Inferno.  Nothing is more disgusting and immoral than using their position of power for personal gain while claiming such greed is necessary for their worldwide ministry.  Should the day ever arise where one of these charlatans sits next to me on a flight, I will confirm their idea of demons on planes by getting medieval on their ass like Marsellus Wallace.

• Like 3

Yeah, he only represents a good portion of the solid south and the Republican party. Kenneth has one. Oral Roberts nearly got called home until the faithful opened up their checkbooks. 

No. Sure your're right, he is a minuscule portion and has no bearing in the matters of the church body.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, pch said:

Fleecing the flock by these Elmer Gantry clones should be rewarded with an express lane trip to the lowest level of Dante's Inferno.

Exactly.

You know these guys have to be atheists.

If they actually believed in a vengeful God, they'd be a lot more humble I should think.  😉

Edited by DoobieWah
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 9:47 PM, RPM said:

And people don't understand why I shun organised religion...

I'll just quibble with the use of "organized."  He isn't a church, even a loosely organized congregational thing like most evangelical churches.  He's not affiliated with any denomination.  It appears that he does have a physical location, but I'm sure that's more TV studio than anything else.  This guy is just a church of him.

And that's the baffling thing about these guys.  There are a lot of homebound and people in need who could just reach out to a local church/church member and receive all kinds of tangible help without being begged for donations, for airplanes or anything else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

What’s more impressive, the Vatican and all their property or this fucktard’s jet abuses??

Yeah.

His accumulation in a single lifetime is far more impressive than what the Catholic church has accumulated over the course of 20 centuries, about 15 of them when the Church was largely indistinguishable from the state.

His accumulation in a single lifetime is far more impressive than what the Catholic church has accumulated over the course of 20 centuries, about 15 of them when the Church was largely indistinguishable from the state.

Well that would be nice to even remotely be able to quantify. Just a quick search yields that the Vatican itself has holdings of around 10-15billion Euro. Recently the Australian branch of the Catholic Church was reported as being worth around AUD30 billion. Or about $22.7 billion.

But I guess long time excesses by charlatans are ok whereas the new guys are clearly fucked. I pretty much despise it all.

Us poor-ass Misery Sinner Lutherans can't pull together enough coin to fill-in the potholes in our church parking lot.  But I wouldn't trade my small, poor congregation of fellow believers for all of the mega churches in the world.  The only thing that should matter to a Christian is the Gospel.

These charlatans are pretty much breaking every rule Jesus ever gave and then some.  Anyone who has read the Bible knows they aren't Christians...not even close.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Well that would be nice to even remotely be able to quantify. Just a quick search yields that the Vatican itself has holdings of around 10-15billion Euro. Recently the Australian branch of the Catholic Church was reported as being worth around AUD30 billion. Or about $22.7 billion.

But I guess long time excesses by charlatans are ok whereas the new guys are clearly fucked. I pretty much despise it all.
Richer, Royal Family or the Vatican?

On 5/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, Archer said:

I saw him once at my GF’s church circa 2000. I still remember him passing the plate multiple times for offerings. I was somewhere around 16 at the time and can still remember how turned off I was by the whole thing. 

You talking about Duplantis? Or the having a girlfriend thing? NTTIAWWT.

• 4 years later...