2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just because you're the center doesn't mean you have to make the calls. If he continues to get his shit beat in by bigger DT's then he's the liability especially if we improve the guard position with talent like Campbell, Williams, Jones. Just because Conner and Hutson were more ready to start this year doesn't mean they should start next year when the elite talent on the roster starts to get more experience.

typically, the center makes the calls.

as far as we know, the center exclusively made the calls for Floyd at Alabama

buts sure - Banks is great let's see if he can make the calls as well. maybe we can add yet another thing that Ewers needs to do pre snap.

just because you want to wishcast anyone who isn't Banks into that position doesn't mean it isn't dumb as fuck.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, well my point was that your reading comprehension sucks more than your hawt takes on everything OL related. 

Everyone understands what you're attempting to do, even though you're executing it like a 13 year old fumbling around with his first bra strap. "Improve all positions and have no weak links" is on par with "CALL THE TOUCHDOWN PLAY" level of football board ignorant whining. 

Your right, start majors he's bled for the program!

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, well my point was that your reading comprehension sucks more than your hawt takes on everything OL related. 

Everyone understands what you're attempting to do, even though you're executing it like a 13 year old fumbling around with his first bra strap. "Improve all positions and have no weak links" is on par with "CALL THE TOUCHDOWN PLAY" level of football board ignorant whining. 

Point of order here- Call the Touchdown play is actually a legit thing with a quality playcaller. I think it's actually one of Sark's greatest strengths.  Unfortunately, Quinn did a shitty job of throwing the TD play and Worthy and our other receivers did an even worse job of catching the TD play, but I was impressed with Sark's ability to "call the TD play" 5-8 times a game.  I think he could grow a bit if he reused some of that shit from time to time but a good play caller will absolutely have 5-10 times they are calling a play with the belief that they've set it up adequately and have a creative enough wrinkle to dial in a TD.  

Also- props to any 13 year old who can fumble his way through a bra strap.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

he has like a decade of following this exact playbook

• say dumb shit
  • double down on dumb shit
  • lash out and attack with a basic trope about the poster
  • act like it never happened

like 3 days later, it repeats itself on another dumb topic.

Wait, has BO&W really been on Longhorn message boards for a decade? I always picture him as a 20 year old incel posting from his childhood bedroom while watching Twitch streams. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Your right, start majors he's bled for the program!

I'm not ever one to die on the "Trust the Corches" hill, but if I had to pick just one coach on Sark's staff to trust in his evaluations, it would be Flood. Not one person has stated that we should start Majors because he has bled for the program. What has been said is that Flood's job is to get the best 5 dudes on the field and he is trusted to do that. You continually shitting on this thread and trying to start a slap fight with every other person is ruining this board for everyone with half a fucking brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I'm not ever one to die on the "Trust the Corches" hill, but if I had to pick just one coach on Sark's staff to trust in his evaluations, it would be Flood. Not one person has stated that we should start Majors because he has bled for the program. What has been said is that Flood's job is to get the best 5 dudes on the field and he is trusted to do that. You continually shitting on this thread and trying to start a slap fight with every other person is ruining this board for everyone with half a fucking brain.

I’m not the one who even started a slap fight. I gave my opinion that Majors sucks and we should do exactly what you said, start the 5 best. And you can eat shit for all I care. 

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The guy who didn't get the joke had to EDIT the post outing himself. looooooooooooooooooooooooool

This has been a remarkable Tuesday. 

I did not get the joke, and for that I'll wear the egg on my face. HOWEVER, I only had to edit because I'm on my way to San Antonio and made some SydneyC android mistakes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

ULM's QB who looked pretty decent against us

UNT got him and two P5 tackle transfers all today. With their new HC, I am really interested to see what is going to happen with them on offense. The ULM kid ended up in the top 10 in PFFs accuracy metric, so if the new UNT coach stays true to form, he is going to put up some yards.

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Is Deuce still around next season? 

I believe he declared for the draft. Stellar pickup for KSU and that fucker is probably going to put up some serious numbers next year in their offense. Not sure what else they had at the spot behind Deuce but the FSU kid has looked great when given touches. 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Bryce Young had a mid game. KU and KSU QBs. Beville (lol) at OU. Penix had probably his worst outing of his season in the Alamo Bowl - that UDub offense was putting up video game numbers this season.

You've got tunnel vision, our secondary wasn't awful.

Shapen and Duggan both had some of their worst performances against us, so basically half the schedule, but other than that, ousux nailed it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Listening to tonight's IT livestream and Bobby & Gerry are reading text messages from their sources and they mention that UT will have good news tomorrow and they will have to do a video together tomorrow because of that news. 

Y'all think think the good news is a portal commitment OR a WR coach hire?

Probably about Trey Owens (2024 QB)

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Listening to tonight's IT livestream and Bobby & Gerry are reading text messages from their sources and they mention that UT will have good news tomorrow and they will have to do a video together tomorrow because of that news. 

You know how I know you didn't check the 2024 thread before posting this?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You know how I know you didn't check the 2024 thread before posting this?

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to a specific recruiting class/cycle until after the previous cycle's NSD2 and/or UT Junior Day.

• Fuck You 1

Por que no los dos?
  • Like 1