2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

as a reminder, Hayes Fawcett did James B dirty with his commit edit. I know he is super white but he isn't the whitest person ever to play the game of football like his edit would have you believe:

University of Alabama is like 80% white. That’s probably right at the median pigmentation level.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wow he actually decided to just get a good degree. Good for him.

He’s going to end up with a Rice MBA or other high end masters out of this. If he has played his cards right he has a Bachelors from Georgia (USC would have been better but what can you do) a masters from WVU and a second one from Rice (doubt he gets to transfer anything over from WVU so hopefully he got one and stats another at Rice).

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

The last couple of years have been bad as a rice fan. This is the one that does it for me. I hate JT Daniels. I hate his face. I hate his game. I hate how he pouts. That stupid fucking mustache. I hate that they are letting him into the school I love. Fuck this. Re-upping on all Texas related NIL ventures even though I never got my koozie or my cup.

Bravo.

The subtlety. 

The exquisite turn of phrase. 

The nuance and ambiguity that leave us with the question: "How does he REALLY feel about JT Daniels?"

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

The last couple of years have been bad as a rice fan. This is the one that does it for me. I hate JT Daniels. I hate his face. I hate his game. I hate how he pouts. That stupid fucking mustache. I hate that they are letting him into the school I love. Fuck this. Re-upping on all Texas related NIL ventures even though I never got my koozie or my cup.

Yeah I’m a Rice grad also and don’t love this. At one point this year we had Jim McMahon’s kid playing qb and Christian McCaffrey’s brother at WR. I was diggin that.

Not this ass clown.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So looks like this is another QB the Horns get to face again in 2023 right ??

Fuckin' hate playin' "cougar high"

So astronomically dumb for the Big 12 to invite another institution from Texas into the P5… It’s just going to dilute the recruiting talent pool in state even further…

3 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

Bed sheets, curtains, all of it 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️.  

Same. Growing up, I had unc pjs & boxer shorts, unc backpack, unc golf bag + head covers + golf towel, & a basketball signed by the ‘84 team (Kenny Smith’s sig was as important to me as MJ’s, which was/is ridiculous).

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I was kind of hoping he would move to Boca and become the next sledgehammer for Tom Herman to clumsily wield.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Alabama was for sure trying to buy Maye. Brazenly. I fucking hate them. Just a piece of shit program constantly getting rewarded for terrible behavior. 

I am sure Bama will land some big target. The big problem for them is that any major QB standout is making millions from here forward. Maye made money this year and he's absolutely going to make millions next year, most of it on the national NIL level. UNC's NIL machine is ultimately going to be pretty good too. 

i have less faith in Alabama hiring the right head coach through a process than i do Texas hiring the right person.

Coaches since Bryant left in 82:

• Ray Perkins, 67.7 win%, 0 conf championships
  • Bill Curry, 72.2 win%, 0 conf champ
  • Gene Stallings, 71.3 win%, 1 conf champ, 1 NC
  • Mike Dubose, 51.1 win%, 1 conf champ
  • Fran, 68 win%, 0 conf champ
  • Mike Shula, 30.3 win%, 0 conf champ

Saban is the GOAT, obviously, but they wanted Rich Rod before he turned them down. They have a shitshow of an alumni base and all the hillbillies you can ever want.

Even if they get Dabo - which i think they do - the odds of him being half as successful as Saban is nil.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

i have less faith in Alabama hiring the right head coach through a process than i do Texas hiring the right person.

Coaches since Bryant left in 82:

• Ray Perkins, 67.7 win%, 0 conf championships
  • Bill Curry, 72.2 win%, 0 conf champ
  • Gene Stallings, 71.3 win%, 1 conf champ, 1 NC
  • Mike Dubose, 51.1 win%, 1 conf champ
  • Fran, 68 win%, 0 conf champ
  • Mike Shula, 30.3 win%, 0 conf champ

Saban is the GOAT, obviously, but they wanted Rich Rod before he turned them down. They have a shitshow of an alumni base and all the hillbillies you can ever want.

Even if they get Dabo - which i think they do - the odds of him being half as successful as Saban is nil.

You left off Mike Price. 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Two portal WRs would give us five incoming total, with only Hall (and Milton?) departing thus far. We need to clean that room out. 

Current WR room - not a lot of dead wood here to clear out. Cain maybe? Alexis maybe?

image.thumb.png.0cbeb3a0c88eec7093d8e12bf2d9d18e.png

whoever owns this, can you put your name on the 2023 tab so i can at least credit the right person? because it's awesome.

here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1253781136

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

Current WR room - not a lot of dead wood here to clear out. Cain maybe? Alexis maybe?

image.thumb.png.0cbeb3a0c88eec7093d8e12bf2d9d18e.png

whoever owns this, can you put your name on the 2023 tab so i can at least credit the right person? because it's awesome.

here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1253781136

Also, if you find out who owns it, can you please let them know that it's spelled "Vasek" ? 

• Hook 'Em 1