[News/Updates] Mass Shooting at Robb Elementary Uvalde - 5/24/2022

Ghost of LL

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I hope every single one of those cops ends up killing themselves some day in guilt. I don't give a fuck how that makes me sound. They deserve worse. As does Greg Abbott and every other slapdick piece of shit that runs this state that decided to lie about everything that happened instead of doing something tangible.

Well.....that would require that they have a conscience, and are capable of introspection and feeling guilt and responsibility.

Dude.  Do you even Texas in the 2020's, bro?  Having a conscience is commie libtard foolishness.  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, BurntEyes said:

Look carefully at the fuck stick facing the camera on the right.

Carefully.

Because he sure as fuck isn't. That guns a low rest. NOT low READY. The barrel might not be directly pointing at his hero buddy's leg, but it's very close if not.

1) All guns gun are always loaded. (Check)

2) Never point your gun at something/someone you're not willing/want to destroy/injure/kill (check)

3) Never put your finger on the trigger until your firearm is down range on target. (CHECK)

4) Confirm your target (I guess check???)

Those are the 4 fundamentals of gun safety and in the process of not protecting innocent people during and active shooting, that fuck head is violating all of them.

I'm not anti-police, nor anti-gun but I'm sure as fuck anti dumb fucking cowards with guns.

Remember some years back at the school shooting in Alpine where one cop shot another cop in the back of the leg as they were clearing the school. I'm sure you could apply what you just said above to that idiot. 

edit: US Marshal shot a Homeland Security agent in the back of the leg. 

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/us/texas-high-school-shooting/index.html

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You can't expect the police to intervene in a situation like this without a 1,000:1 numerical advantage.

These fucking cowards had more cops to go after one dude than Crockett had defenders at the Alamo to fight the Mexican army. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2024 at 8:47 AM, Guest said:

Honestly, I'm not sure this matters. Imagine if they hired a law firm to investigate or DOJ investigated. It's likely they wouldn't have active shooter training, either. Still, it ain't a good look.

https://www.ksat.com/news/ksat-investigates/2024/04/03/exclusive-city-of-uvalde-hired-investigator-with-no-active-shooter-training-to-investigate-robb-tragedy/

image.png.2fc6d743089b45fb77de176e33dfb311.png

On 4/4/2024 at 9:10 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

what a joke

On 4/4/2024 at 9:05 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

I saw the pictures of the classroom aftermath. What these fuckers did (or didn’t do) is unforgivable.

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DO NOT UNSPOILER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f33601eb4f770ace97cdba237bc369c0.png

image.thumb.png.128698db037dc48afad0942dec327db6.pngimage.thumb.png.08484b9197c7856ffd2e7695e570e8f3.png

image.thumb.png.dce4c4f4faabfbbc816d24d4c6bbcfd5.png

• Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 9

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Why spoiler it? This is the news thread. That's certainly what happened in Uvalde. Maybe it's time more people got a good luck at what families are having to experience and endure when they simply send their kids off to school one day.  

Worse yet, those were the tame photos.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Agree that we shouldn’t spoiler tag those photos. We need more understanding of the school shootings not less. The photos shouldn’t be hidden to protect the viewer. I would be opposed to any photo that takes away from the dignity of the dead.

and I’m sure that any parent doesn’t want to consider their child’s classroom drenched in blood but it’s important to realize the truth about Texas.

• Hook 'Em 4

Those photos should be wallpapered in the homes of the law enforcement officers who idled in the hallway and took no action for the 90 minutes or whatever the fuck it was while the last of the teachers and children died or were executed.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
mdmost beat me to it; apologies for the redundancy!
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Why spoiler it? This is the news thread. That's certainly what happened in Uvalde. Maybe it's time more people got a good luck at what families are having to experience and endure when they simply send their kids off to school one day. If I had my way, those images would paint the interiors of every cop's house that sat outside the school that day. 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree that we shouldn’t spoiler tag those photos. We need more understanding of the school shootings not less. The photos shouldn’t be hidden to protect the viewer. I would be opposed to any photo that takes away from the dignity of the dead.

and I’m sure that any parent doesn’t want to consider their child’s classroom drenched in blood but it’s important to realize the truth about Texas.

Agree to disagree. 

I don't think anyone here is surprised by what it looks like and it's highly doubtful it changes anyone's opinion on what happened.

I just think it's in poor taste to post murder crime scene photos.

I'm sure some of the victim's families would be fine with it, and I'm sure others would rather it not be out there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

32 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

wtf dude.  you gotta spoiler that.

Fuck that. We shouldn't let people distance themselves from the reality of this.

Without images, video, and sounds, it's just another bad news story to send your thoughts and prayers online. People need to be forced to imagine it being their kid screaming. 

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

wtf dude.  you gotta spoiler that.

Nope.  It's reality.  The result of policy choices we have made.  What are we told, over and over again?  "Choices have consequences?"  Yep.  They do.  And refusing to view and digest them in full is dishonest.  Own it.  Those photos are our policy choices, from start to finish, from ease of firearm acquisition to zero final accountability for law enforcement, and every bullet flying in between, and the consequences of same.

30 minutes ago, lucious leftfoot said:

Yeah that's messed up. 

Yes, it is.  Which is why it is very, very important to show them.

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Why spoiler it? This is the news thread. That's certainly what happened in Uvalde. Maybe it's time more people got a good look at what families are having to experience and endure when they simply send their kids off to school one day. If I had my way, those images would paint the interiors of every cop's house that sat outside the school that day. 

This.

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Worse yet, those were the tame photos.  

This.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fuck that. We shouldn't let people distance themselves from the reality of this.

And 1000X this.  We do not have the right to look away.  Fuck, if it was me, I'd hire out every billboard that would let me, and put those up where everyone driving by had to see them.  "This is the result of the choices you've made" written in large enough font to read as you drive by.

Uvalde was not a policy failure.  Uvalde was every policy we have, working exactly as expected and intended.  Those photos are the result of that policy success.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

America needs to see it, whether they want to or not.

Bingo.  The victims of our collective policy decisions didn't get to walk away.  We shouldn't be able to look away.  Publish all of the pictures, and everyone in the country (or at least the state) should get this treatment:

9gVC9BkfBNdvHiQ4sSrB7F.jpg

While I agree that the photos shouldn’t be spoilered. I still wish I hadn’t looked at them. I already had a relatively vivid idea of what happened, and imagined what it might have looked like, due to stories I’ve heard and the actual accounts I’ve read. But these made it so much more real to me. Did anyone see the little headband? I can barely see my screen as I type this. feel like I’m going to be fucking sick.

19 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

While I agree that the photos shouldn’t be spoilered. I still wish I hadn’t looked at them. I already had a relatively vivid idea of what happened, and imagined what it might have looked like, due to stories I’ve heard and the actual accounts I’ve read. But these made it so much more real to me. Did anyone see the little headband? I can barely see my screen as I type this. feel like I’m going to be fucking sick.

You should be sick. We all should. Sadly enough of our fellow citizens and leaders are not.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

if you won't do us that courtesy, perhaps you can just not tag me when you are posting bloody photos of dead kids.

Maybe don't skim past them as fast as you possibly can next time? I agree, the bodies themselves should not be posted.

But the aftermath? The amount of blood? The police video (with audio this time)? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Again, without that, it's just another terrible news story that we all try not to think about too hard and onto the next.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck, if it was me, I'd hire out every billboard that would let me, and put those up where everyone driving by had to see them.  "This is the result of the choices you've made" written in large enough font to read as you drive by.

What's stopping you? It would get big publicity.

You could go on news and hammer home how important it is that people see this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm fairly certain I could personally choke the life out of every single cop that was there and did nothing, one by one, and never feel even a little remorse. They deserve worse and if there's a hell, they can't get there fast enough. Every single one. I have never in my life said it, but I'm pretty sure I would applaud vigilante killings at this point.

I'm so over the apathy and inaction I'm about to go into my Joker arc. At least in my head.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Saw somewhere they are going after law enforcement as well. What about the fun maker? Seller?

This is correct.

Families of Uvalde school shooting victims are suing Texas state police over botched response

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The families of 19 of the victims in the Uvalde elementary school shooting in Texas on Wednesday filed a $500 million federal lawsuit against nearly 100 state police officers who were part of the botched law enforcement response to one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history.

The families said they also agreed to a $2 million settlement with the city, under which city leaders promised higher standards and better training for local police.

The lawsuit and settlement announcement in Uvalde came two days before the two-year anniversary of the massacre. Nineteen fourth-graders and two teachers were killed on May 24, 2022, when a teenage gunman burst into their classroom at Robb Elementary School and began shooting.

The lawsuit, seeking at least $500 million in damages, is the latest of several seeking accountability for the law enforcement response. More than 370 federal, state and local officers converged on the scene, but they waited more than 70 minutes before confronting the shooter.

It is the first lawsuit to be filed after a 600-page Justice Department report was released in January that catalogued “cascading failures” in training, communication, leadership and technology problems that day.

cont'd: https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-mass-shooting-robb-elementary-38351326b48d7eb9d020b42f24b53cfe

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck, if it was me, I'd hire out every billboard that would let me, and put those up where everyone driving by had to see them.  "This is the result of the choices you've made" written in large enough font to read as you drive by.

Either that or "it could've been worse ..."

2 hours ago, lucious leftfoot said:

You're free to post whatever terrible pics you want for shock value. I feel a better way to have the tragedy hit home is watching some of these tribute videos. Very well done. Extremely dusty. 

https://fb.watch/sedJ_bnaRH/?mibextid=v7YzmG

Post tribute, sing kumbaya, give your thoughts and prayers, and fuck right off back to not caring or doing a god damn thing about it. America!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I'd like to see the pics of the law enforcement officers who stood by and did nothing with self-inflicted gunshot wounds to their heads, but since they are cool with their inaction, I'm probably never gonna see them. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lucious leftfoot said:

You're free to post whatever terrible pics you want for shock value. I feel a better way to have the tragedy hit home is watching some of these tribute videos. Very well done. Extremely dusty. 

https://fb.watch/sedJ_bnaRH/?mibextid=v7YzmG

It’s not shock value. It’s reality. These are the results of decisions made in our country and our state. If you dislike the results and find them shocking, make different decisions on Election Day.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drt said:

Tribute videos ring a little hollow when we’ve done jack shit as a society to enact change. Honestly it seems disrespectful.

Yeah, as much as these things eat me up inside...I still get those "Sandy Hook Promise" videos pop ups before YouTube clips and it's just become another "Wait 5 Seconds & Skip" thing to me and I'm more engaged than the average citizen on mass shootings.  Same thing will happen with these Uvalde clips one day.  It'll just be this thing we scroll past to get to a bikini contest video, sadly.  

I am just absolutely stunned to this day that not one of these guys has eaten a round out of shame.  And hundreds of them live and work near that school every single day.  

None of them will ever lose their job.  All of them are "Getting too old for this shit."  How you really hurt them is through their pension.  They can all cover for reach other for everything from fucking up "Protect & Serve" to domestic violence to unlawful shootings to planting evidence.  There are only a handful of Institutional Pension providers for Texas law enforcement (muni, country, DPS, et. al.).  And their cybersecurity isn't that great.  It's less than your local credit union.  The blue line will not be broken, it just won't.  But you wanna hurt some bad people, disappear their assets.  I have no hacking skills, but I can certainly point somebody in the right direction.  It's not stealing it, it's moving it to another account that they can't access.  For some other officer or benevolence account.  Happens everyday.  Otherwise, there's really no other way to make these folks pay for their idiocy.  

We're fucking broken.  I don't know what else to say.  The shitheels in control have made politics so repugnant that no ethical or moral person would ever consider running for office.  So we keep going to the polls and casting votes for shitheels, and surprise surprise -- things keep getting shittier and shittier.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Texas Local Government Code Chapter 143, subsection D:

SUBCHAPTER D. DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS

Sec. 143.051. CAUSE FOR REMOVAL OR SUSPENSION. A commission rule prescribing cause for removal or suspension of a fire fighter or police officer is not valid unless it involves one or more of the following grounds:
(1) conviction of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude;
(2) violations of a municipal charter provision;
(3) acts of incompetency;
(4) neglect of duty;
(5) discourtesy to the public or to a fellow employee while the fire fighter or police officer is in the line of duty;
(6) acts showing lack of good moral character;
(7) drinking intoxicants while on duty or intoxication while off duty;
(8) conduct prejudicial to good order;
(9) refusal or neglect to pay just debts;
(10) absence without leave;
(11) shirking duty or cowardice at fires, if applicable; or
(12) violation of an applicable fire or police department rule or special order.

Of course Uvalde isn’t a civil service department.