Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:
2 hours ago, EZ$ said:
Or a team that claims to be a baseball blue blood…that only has 2 CWS wins in their “storied” history. 

Shit, Florida is arguably not a true blue blood.  But we’ve made it to the CWS 15 times, won 21 CWS games, made it to the Championship Series three times.  We even won it once.  Aggy? Fuck their history. 

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

This dude gets it. 

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/campus-rivalry/2012/09/04/tamux-large.jpg

There's a reason he gets it...

Not to mention all of the other stupid aggy shit they've introduced that conference to.

Edited by MuellerHorn

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

I was up in Chicago with my son taking in a few Cubs games for his 13th birthday (he's 15 but Covid and whatnot)  Rode Red Line from downtown up to Wrigley and first night was in Horns gear.  Headed back downtown and a couple of stops before ours these two college aged kids get off but not before one of them flashes the horns down and says, "Horned frogs baby".  My son showing some wisdom just says, "rent free baby".

If anything the fact I can be on a train in a town almost a thousand miles from where I live and the mere clothing I am wearing can elicit a couple of dipshits to spike a pitch in the dirt is fucking awesome.

Embrace the hate.

I love it!

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

What is the difference? You didn't ignore it stoically like it didn't bother you, your son talked shit back. Because horns down is a dick move deserving proportional response.

I'm not sure "Rent free baby" is tantamount to anything but a declarative statement pointing out the obvious and neither of us did anything but smile for a second after the exchange but you do you and be pissed about it if it serves you.

I did also get a BP ball thrown to us by Hoby Milner (pitches for the Brewers) so that was nice. 

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

Horns down bothers y’all? Grow a pair.

Seems like ESPN goes out of their way to show fans doing it.  Every cut was some sister fucker doing it.  I think it’s stupid.  No one does thumbs down to the sheep fuckers or the peace sign down to the condoms. It would be unoriginal and retarded. When other fans do it, it means we have free rent.  Let’s win tomorrow and go to our home away from home

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Give me somebody that's going to throw strikes and lets the defense make plays. 

Yeah, and most importantly, he should be someone that elicits ground balls.

Fuck the fly balls in that bandbox.

Edit to say: I like it when our routine fly balls turn into home runs.

Edited by Victor Lazlo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Horns down bothers y’all? Grow a pair.

The media wants it to bother. It’s just a thing for any team, any team playing texas when the get some sort of rally. Of all my texas fan friends none stomp around cursing or whatnot about that.

Wear the horns down as a badge of honor. I don’t see lsu or bama or whoever doing a thumbs down for aggy. But I can guarantee they want that.

1 hour ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Fuck the fly balls in that bandbox.

I knew it was a small ballpark and still wasn't expecting anything like this. 

Gordon and Olivarez pitched a combined 103 innings prior to yesterday and had only given up 2 home runs. These are two of the best pitchers at limiting home runs. ECU doubled that total yesterday playing in that sandbox. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I knew it was a small ballpark and still wasn't expecting anything like this. 

Gordon and Olivarez pitched a combined 103 innings prior to yesterday and had only given up 2 home runs. These are two of the best pitchers at limiting home runs. ECU doubled that total yesterday playing in that sandbox. 

Yeah we talked a lot about it here before the series started. I thought then that it would probably be a big factor and that there would be a lot of HRs, but got damn, it's been nuts.

And yeah, at least on TV, the place absolutely puts out a vibe more like a Pony League field than a college field. And hell, I've seen Pony League fields that are almost that big and are just as deep down the lines. That field is a joke.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

After he hit his homer they showed him pacing the dugout.  His intensity reminded me of a bengal tiger pacing a cage, ready to get out and tear shit up.   That's what I was remembering when he walked to the plate.  

Don’t worry, DP will lift him for limpdick Daly soon.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Imagine how stupid you'd have to be to spend money on a burnt orange t-shirt that basically said "fuck this one school that we probably won't play again in any big 3 sport maybe forever". 

"Well, you know, Texas ripped out hearts out and we failed to get to Omaha yet again but it was worth it so I could buy this super cool "Horns down" t shirt that will never make sense ever again"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Imagine how stupid you'd have to be to spend money on a burnt orange t-shirt that basically said "fuck this one school that we probably won't play again in any big 3 sport maybe forever". 

"Well, you know, Texas ripped out hearts out and we failed to get to Omaha yet again but it was worth it so I could buy this super cool "Horns down" t shirt that will never make sense ever again"

We will play TCU every spring non conference for baseball.  Along with all the other Big 12 detritus.

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Seems like ESPN goes out of their way to show fans doing it.  Every cut was some sister fucker doing it.  I think it’s stupid.  No one does thumbs down to the sheep fuckers or the peace sign down to the condoms. It would be unoriginal and retarded. When other fans do it, it means we have free rent.  Let’s win tomorrow and go to our home away from home

I’m with you. The “grow a pair” response is inadequate for me

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

The media wants it to bother. It’s just a thing for any team, any team playing texas when the get some sort of rally. Of all my texas fan friends none stomp around cursing or whatnot about that.

Wear the horns down as a badge of honor. I don’t see lsu or bama or whoever doing a thumbs down for aggy. But I can guarantee they want that.

Spot on.  I love living in everyone’s heads rent free.  It is the ultimate projection of envy.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:
11 hours ago, EZ$ said:
Or a team that claims to be a baseball blue blood…that only has 2 CWS wins in their “storied” history. 

Shit, Florida is arguably not a true blue blood.  But we’ve made it to the CWS 15 times, won 21 CWS games, made it to the Championship Series three times.  We even won it once.  Aggy? Fuck their history. 

Obviously you aren’t aware that Aggie makes plaques that celebrate fake, make believe, mythical championships so...can’t compete with that sir.  

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I was up in Chicago with my son taking in a few Cubs games for his 13th birthday (he's 15 but Covid and whatnot)  Rode Red Line from downtown up to Wrigley and first night was in Horns gear.  Headed back downtown and a couple of stops before ours these two college aged kids get off but not before one of them flashes the horns down and says, "Horned frogs baby".  My son showing some wisdom just says, "rent free baby".

If anything the fact I can be on a train in a town almost a thousand miles from where I live and the mere clothing I am wearing can elicit a couple of dipshits to spike a pitch in the dirt is fucking awesome.

Embrace the hate.

The converse of that is that I've gotten the Horns Up in about 10 different countries. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Seems that not only the short outfield but the short fence also make the HR's more common. That ball that bounced off Hodo probably just hits the wall at the Disch. 

That ball gets caught at the Disch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Spot on.  I love living in everyone’s heads rent free.  It is the ultimate projection of envy.

It’s called “brand enhancement”!
Something unique/special to Texas and Texas alone! No other athletic program conjures up the type of emotions/energy of other fanbases across their entire sports platform like we do! They do it cause they think its a “cool” thing to get shown doing…And the media knows it as well, so they show/encourage it every chance they get to stir things up even more!
So F’em, I can’t wait to see a couple more fanbases take their turns doing it in OMAHA as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, zlavydra said:

Mojo Nixon?

Louis Nixon. Pirates are a walk in the park (a small park) compared to the Germans 

13 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

Hate to be the negative bitch but how the fuck do you lift your second best hitter for a defensive replacement at 2B when that spot is due up in bottom half of inning in a 1 run game w our bullpen.  That is fucking insane and DP should have to answer to that along with his bumblefucking roster management that put O’Dowd and Whitehead in a game yesterday.  Not okay.  Maybe focus less on being the shittiest third base coach  in the country and get a handle on in-game subs.  And maybe don’t take out the guy w 3 bombs in the regional for limp dick Daly.  Who saves your ass in the elimination game.  Fuck..we are winning in spite of DP rn, not because of him 

Subbing a due up Daly for Murph at the end of a close game might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen Pierce do.

• Hook 'Em 4