Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Did you make your constitutional stand in the courthouse or at the polling station or in the classroom or in a house of warship or in your own home or In transit or visiting a foreign nation or crossing state lines or delivering a grievance to a body  of government?

nah man, done stood up for muhself at Wal Mart, aisle nine.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Did you make your constitutional stand in the courthouse or at the polling station or in the classroom or in a house of warship or in your own home or In transit or visiting a foreign nation or crossing state lines or delivering a grievance to a body  of government?

nah man, done stood up for muhself at Wal Mart, aisle nine.  

Well, in fairness, Wal-Mart is perhaps the most sacred space in modern America.

b79948e51b900106fdcfee616c235358.jpg

On 9/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, Bama Chick said:

Words I never thought I’d say -

Bravo to these officers!! And bravo to Walmart for actually enforcing the new ban.

And I love that the video this jerk made is being used against him to illustrate what a stubborn asshole he is.

How often are CCL up for renewal or review? Do incidents like this get logged anywhere? I assume these answers vary state-by-state.

Seems to me an individual ignoring store policy and necessitating those type of law enforcement response may not actually be a reliable license holder. Where’s the feedback loop there? 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I wonder if the police response would've been a calm and conversational if, say, a black man was walking around Walmart w/ a sidearm.   

There was a black dude walking around with a pellet gun in a walmart who was recently-ish shot by the police. So you already have the answer to your question. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_John_Crawford_III

11 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

There was a black dude walking around with a pellet gun in a walmart who was recently-ish shot by the police. So you already have the answer to your question. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_John_Crawford_III

That happened under the tyrannical rule of Barack Hussein Obama.

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This comes across to me as actually not a great thing.

Colt President and CEO Dennis Veilleux said, “The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.”

“On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts.  Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles,” he said.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

is the term "warfighters" a thing?

I had never heard of that reference so I looked it up and found this:

https://taskandpurpose.com/warfighter-wrong-way-define-american-service-member

Sometime in the mid 2000s, a strange new word started to get popular: “warfighter.” It catapulted out of obscurity from the military, quickly becoming the de facto label for all active-duty and reserve personnel. This word is seriously misleading; it presents the exact opposite of military reality at a time when Americans need to be questioning our role in global security more than ever before.

More at the link.

IMO, I am going to view its use the way I do writers who substitute 'gifted' for 'given' and 'impacted' for 'effected' : with a sigh and a lot of pity. Sometimes scorn.

The expensive ones don't necessarily have forward grips and stuff like that. They are often precision rifles with match grade free floated barrels, match grade triggers, and stuff like that. They can also come in exotic calibers for different hunting applications. The AR is a very versatile rifle, which is one of the reasons it is one of the most if not the most popular rifles being sold today.

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The expensive ones don't necessarily have forward grips and stuff like that. They are often precision rifles with match grade free floated barrels, match grade triggers, and stuff like that. They can also come in exotic calibers for different hunting applications. The AR is a very versatile rifle, which is one of the reasons it is one of the most if not the most popular rifles being sold today.

Well they’re versatile for a reason...designed to kill people. 

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The AR is a very versatile rifle, which is one of the reasons it is one of the most if not the most popular rifles being sold today.

No, they're popular because they look cool and make weak men feel strong and powerful. Full stop.

You don't need an AR-15 to kill a big scary deer.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They do pretty well eradicating hogs though. 

This is such bullshit and I have no idea why this retardation gets brought up every time this discussion comes up. I've hunted for my entire life and killed hundreds of fucking hogs and not once have I ever used a semi-automatic dick-extension rifle to do it. I can't imagine any real hunter I know saying this shit with a straight face in a room full of other hunters.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread