• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I dunno.  I mean, thinking of heading there:

PRO: I'm pretty sure the food served there will be great.

CON: unless you're at the front of the line, there probably won't be any food left for you.

PRO: If you're looking for a good BJ, that's where you'll get one.

Q: Why are fat (or ugly) girls so good at sucking dick?
A: Because they have to be.

Wasn't he from a Sand Planet though?  Like the Jedi Masters always used to tell us in training, never forget where you came from.  

I don't remember that scene, I think I only watched the prequels once which was plenty.  But if he hated sand so much, why not go on a killing spree of Tusken Raiders or Jawas instead of slaughtering a room full of children?  The more I'm learning about this Anakin Vader guy, the more I think he's an asshole.  Guess in the end, he was just forged of a hotter fire.  Lessons from life and sandlot league. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Hey you guys see that one with the Gator cheerleaders?

the video is old.  it's popped up multiple times in multiple threads in the last couple days.  it's like people were born yesterday.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

for all my fellow hoarders out there, this shit is great.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1nimohtdpN/?igsh=ZWV3YWRhZXZsMmt5

Just wrapping up redoing our deck.  All the scrap lumber I've hauled off is almost depressing.  Those 2-3' boards I've ended up tossing that could have been a bench or part of a tree house...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, miguelito said:

You know, the space below the deck is a great place to store scraps like that.  Just tell the wife there are spiders down there and she'll never go looking.

That space is reserved for firewood.  It's ridiculously stocked after last year's ice storm.

2 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

BadIdeaJeans.jpg

Easily attracts termites. & The only lumber to store close to the house would be pressure treated.

Eh, it's a huge foundation wall under the deck, so I'm not worried about the termites so much.  It's also lined underneath the deck with tin over the firewood to help keep it dry.

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Every single time I throw something away I need it at a random time in the future. I am guilty of being that dad. I blame watching McGuyver growing up.

And the counter to that, the video is dead-on correct: there are few things in life more satisfying than needing something to make a repair, whether it be a piece of scrap lumber, one of those odd screws, nuts, bolts, etc. you keep in coffee cans, any of that shit....and you go to your stash, and there it is, gleaming like golden treasure.  Part breaks off the lawnmower, and you have just the fastener to fix it?  GOLD.  Some screw falls out of something while you're out, and you can't find it...but there it is in the coffee can at home?  GOLD.  These are the victories that men have.  It used to be, we'd slay a mastadon, and pose triumphantly on top of its corpse as it was butchered to feed the tribe.  Today, we pull out the EXACT MATCHING nut and bolt combo necessary to fix a cabinet, and it's functionally the same.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And the counter to that, the video is dead-on correct: there are few things in life more satisfying than needing something to make a repair, whether it be a piece of scrap lumber, one of those odd screws, nuts, bolts, etc. you keep in coffee cans, any of that shit....and you go to your stash, and there it is, gleaming like golden treasure.  Part breaks off the lawnmower, and you have just the fastener to fix it?  GOLD.  Some screw falls out of something while you're out, and you can't find it...but there it is in the coffee can at home?  GOLD.  These are the victories that men have.  It used to be, we'd slay a mastadon, and pose triumphantly on top of its corpse as it was butchered to feed the tribe.  Today, we pull out the EXACT MATCHING nut and bolt combo necessary to fix a cabinet, and it's functionally the same.

The best is when your wife witnesses said event and it happening is in front of other people.

The head nod from another dude, a women commenting on about how handy you are, AND your wife brooding b/c she gives you so much shit for NEVER throwing anything away.

Only the birth of my children felt better..... maybe.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, futureman said:

for all my fellow hoarders out there, this shit is great.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1nimohtdpN/?igsh=ZWV3YWRhZXZsMmt5

I try so hard not to be that dad.  I hate clutter and storing junk.  My grandfather lived through the depression and he saved fucking EVERYTHING.  He would cut a hole out of 2 liter soda bottles and use them as containers for other bits of junk and shit he'd save. It was excessive and drove me crazy.  My dad does the same thing, but to a lesser degree.  I do agree it feels good to pull the exact right thing you need out of your junk stash, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze IMO.  So I just have a little bit of the most useful junk saved.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1