Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

Dahobbs and doc, you may want to consider the quoted post in assessing your disagreement with my post. Just saying. 

I’ll take it you never played football and haven’t watched much, which is fine. The only person in the world that was going to catch that Worthy TD was Worthy. And he made a difficult catch but he didn’t have to make some impossible circus move to do it either. The problem with rainbow throws is it (usually) gives a beaten DB a chance to catch up to the receiver and make a play. That wasn’t the case on that throw as Worthy didn’t have to wait on the ball. He beat his man and Quinn put it where worthy could get it. It wasn’t an amazing throw but it was a good ball. Same on the other TD

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, sidis said:

We witnessed brutally bad in his first deep pass to Worthy in the Alabama game too. It was an eye roller. 

the TD was 20 yards away from where it should have been. That’s super bad. He just happened to throw it so high that Xavier had an opportunity to break off the route and make the best play of his career. 

Sure, if we ignore every aspect of that throw other than whether it was thrown exactly where it should have been, it was a brutal throw. But the fact that he threw it in a way that gave Worthy plenty of time to adjust, resulting in a TD takes outside of the brutal category. 

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

Dahobbs and doc, you may want to consider the quoted post in assessing your disagreement with my post. Just saying. 

Fair point. But even a broken clock...

• Hook 'Em 1

If Spectrum and Disney don’t get their shit together by next Saturday, Craig Way will be my man! Many games on LHN network, I’d rather just listen to him on the back porch drinking whiskey and beer, and visualizing his play call. CW paints such a great picture of the game! He’s truly a gem that most don’t recognize.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, msucolt45 said:

If Spectrum and Disney don’t get their shit together by next Saturday, Craig Way will be my man! Many games on LHN network, I’d rather just listen to him on the back porch drinking whiskey and beer, and visualizing his play call. CW paints such a great picture of the game! He’s truly a gem that most don’t recognize.

Hook’em!!!

He never wastes a word. There's a big difference in the skill level of a great radio announcer over a TV announcer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Sure, if we ignore every aspect of that throw other than whether it was thrown exactly where it should have been, it was a brutal throw. But the fact that he threw it in a way that gave Worthy plenty of time to adjust, resulting in a TD takes outside of the brutal category. 

That’s a fair characterization. Agree with that…especially compared to the first deep ball incompletion to worthy that truly did fit that category. 

that said, the fact that the board’s two biggest dipshits in helo and bo&w agree with you makes it feel wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll admit. I was wrong about Quinn. I said before this game would be how I judged him and that I “wasn’t impressed yet etc etc etc.”

Well, he was nails last night. Loved seeing his composure and of course his new “rainbow” pass. He seems like a good dude as well. Impressed with him last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Lulz. He dropped 2 TD bombs on Bama's D and we have assholes claiming the throws were brutally bad. The same assholes would claim a nekkid Kate Beckinsale ready to fuck their brains out is too skinny.

Some dudes insist on themselves.

Dude don't be gross. If u wanna nit pick QE3 play thats one thing. Just don't bring up skeletor 

4 minutes ago, deft said:

Was it laid by and African swallow or a European swallow?

They could grip it by… no, no, wait… these are not strangers to our land… ummm, who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

If Ewers has to throw rainbows that only his guy can catch to rain TDs on opponents, then so be it. 

3 hours ago, Bevoette said:

Anyone know the significance of his arm tattoo? Has a date 

It's Luke 17:21, "...the kingdom of God is within you". I'm not a Biblical scholar, but given that Leo Tolstoy wrote a book with that title, which influenced Mahatma Gandhi, I suspect it's the Christian version of "be the change you wish to see in the world." At least, that's how I interpret it. It's my favorite verse

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sidis said:

Ironically, the two deep td passes were not great. Worthy’s was brutally bad and Mitchell’s wasn’t great. Wrs made incredible plays. 

even more ironically, Quinn threw an absolutely perfect goal line throw on 3rd and goal in the first drive and worthy did a terrible job and he threw an NFL quality laser to Mitchell deep in our own territory that Mitchell dropped when the bama db timed his hit perfectly. 

once Quinn settled down his feet after the first quarter and started to see/trust that our oline was there to play the best game they have in more than a decade, he did a really good job of delivering most of the time. Still some bad plays on the 3rd and short and 4th and short throwing to the only guy covered. But now that he’s starting to trust more than just worthy and sanders and the oline is putting in A+ pass protection performances, there’s some real potential for sustained offensive success. Great game from both lines last night. Looking forward to Hill’s season on D. 

The important part of those throws (deep over the middle against man or quarters) is distance from the WR, not direction. If the receiver has to adjust their angle a bit, that's ok. The important thing is that it hits them in stride. Good throw + good adjustment = great play. Both of those deep shots hit the WRs in the hands and left the defensive backs with zero chance to impact the result. They weren't bad throws made right by the WRs. 

Go watch some Mahomes to Hill highlights. Or any of the other elite NFL QB/WR combos. "Fuck it, [WR] down there somewhere" is a bit of a meme but also highlights that great scheme will get WRs in 1 on 1s with plenty of space so that throws don't have to be perfect. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I liked everything I saw from Ewers last night. He took care of the football, made the right reads, was accurate, stepped up into the pocket, and his footwork was good. That improvement is exactly what you would hope to see. Right or wrong, he didn’t do all of those things last week against Rice which was concerning. Last night he looked great. He’s given me hole for the season for the first time in long time.

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They could grip it by… no, no, wait… these are not strangers to our land… ummm, who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

If Ewers has to throw rainbows that only his guy can catch to rain TDs on opponents, then so be it. 

Doesn't it depend on the airspeed velocity and the number of times the football rotates in its spiral? Even so, I bet an African swallow and a European swallow could carry the football between them on the strand of a creeper.

11 hours ago, Hate said:

I liked everything I saw from Ewers last night. He took care of the football, made the right reads, was accurate, stepped up into the pocket, and his footwork was good. That improvement is exactly what you would hope to see. Right or wrong, he didn’t do all of those things last week against Rice which was concerning. Last night he looked great. He’s given me hole for the season for the first time in long time.

@NowThis

• Like 1

The deep ball throws for TDs were an improvement but they weren’t great and certainly didn’t make it easier on the receivers. As someone pointed out the throw from Milroe to Burton is what those passes should have looked like especially the first one to Worthy. Ewers seems to throw them right at his receivers instead of in the open space for them to go get. But whatever works, I guess. Also that pass that Mitchell dropped was late allowing time for the DB to recover but Mitchell should have still snagged that one.

The deep ball throws for TDs were an improvement but they weren’t great and certainly didn’t make it easier on the receivers. As someone pointed out the throw from Milroe to Burton is what those passes should have looked like especially the first one to Worthy. Ewers seems to throw them right at his receivers instead of in the open space for them to go get. But whatever works, I guess. Also that pass that Mitchell dropped was late allowing time for the DB to recover but Mitchell should have still snagged that one.

The deep that was caught to worthy was great. The deep that was not caught by worthy was insanely perfect. The one to ad Mitchell required a great play by Mitchell. He showed incredible balance and body control and speed and hands to make that play. But it’s a good thing for a wr to help the qb out by making a play…
  • Hook 'Em 1

Crazy take bc they were all definitely leading the wr. The one to ad was a tough catch and ad made a heck of a play showing incredible body control and balance. The two to worthy were almost perfect

12 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

The deep that was caught to worthy was great. The deep that was not caught by worthy was insanely perfect. The one to ad Mitchell required a great play by Mitchell. He showed incredible balance and body control and speed and hands to make that play. But it’s a good thing for a wr to help the qb out by making a play…

11 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

10 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

7 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Crazy take bc they were all definitely leading the wr. The one to ad was a tough catch and ad made a heck of a play showing incredible body control and balance. The two to worthy were almost perfect

You complete me.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Oh geez if we're going to do this could you not start by being completely wrong? The TD to Mitchell was a much better throw than the one to Worthy. Ewers is not responsible for Mitchell stumbling. And any of you dummies whose panties were all atwist when I pointed out during the game that the first TD was a much better catch than throw should listen to Joey Galloway's correct analysis of that play. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I don’t think you fully understand what you are watching. Worthy had to make a tougher catch but in both instances there was enough green grass for Ewers to make easier passes for his WRs to catch instead of the tough over the shoulder grabs. There is more to throwing a good deep ball besides leading the receiver. Again a prime example is Milroe throwing to the open space on the Burton deep ball instead of throwing it on a line and Burton having to turn up his route and make and over the shoulder grab. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet